Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Ideas for packs

While we wait for Island Living and Realm of Magic, I've reanimated my New Ideas poll. I'm not going to include Farm Life because I think the devs already know we want this. And I didn't include Sorcery School because Realm of Magic is already in development and it either already has something like that or it's too late to add a major element to the game.

And of course, add your own ideas below.

New Ideas for packs 93 votes

Artist Colony: A beautiful coastal town that inpires sims to take up the harp, cello, maybe start an electro/retro/funkadelic band. OR pursue stone sculpting, ceramics and fashionista art couture.
12%
Mariefoxprice83AjaGioBluelleSakuske1Luisammotadeoalonso2nessatay1920RememberJoyBecka28jadonbakespepdA8ab 12 votes
Choose your Future: Step out of a time machine and into... Flying cars, floating houses and funny robot maids OR a Dark and dirty city controlled by a vast computer complex with eyes everywhere OR Ruins of decaying buildings, Hoards of Zombies and NO MODERN CONVENIENCES!!!
5%
FroilCrownSimsSteve StormFanPhoriaIceColdPain 5 votes
GOS: Welcome to Northeros, a cold and snowy land. Inbetween contests to see who will rule the land you can go snowboarding, skiing and spelunking.
13%
Bluefairy286PlayerSinger2010KementariMilutinMujovicDrago97232catitude5SheepilingFreezerBunnyCowplantVivi_WillowTreeMindsimscreateGosiaWKLumikkaPaula_Sims4 13 votes
First Comes Love: Romance from teen parties to Bridezilla Bashes. Includes expanded breakups and divorces.
17%
aprilrosestoryySerraNolwenVageniusmelissaleone3XxAirixXannaliese39LatinaBunnySimzilla_7SnaveXsshnailehthatsnotswegGamingTweetycitysimmerDreamCytchermapletreesims 16 votes
Simsneyland: build carousels and roller coasters, learn trapese skills and acrobatics, juggling and clowning. Pose for photos with Freezer Bunnies, llamas and bears, OH MY!
24%
redrogue60ULIBABA66g01denswanluthienrisingStarlitDownRosyPlumbobs03wrenstalesRodrigoMunguiaFrancl27Zozotanarg13misschristine14lovemy4smariajane216Internal_ChaosEnkiSchmidtKaronmunroelePreCiiousSimAlexandriaCaleSims 23 votes
Simicom Valley. Move to the techie city and get a entry level job sweeping factory floors. Choose which branch appeals the most and end up designing and making solar self-driving cars in the AUTO industry or go the other route and create Inteligent Robot Dogs that take each other out for walks.
3%
ForkySporkyShannonMarie_76amber_ilumire 3 votes
Space Station Astrosims: Get a job on the International Sim Station. Revitalize the hydroponics garden, design waste managment systems, repair the water reclamation machinery. If you succeed you might be able to create that Lunar Base you've always wanted,
7%
Bagoas77txtami2000domina89GrumpyGlowfishhermioniaizecsonBilmoBlampkins 7 votes
SuperSims!!! Discover your superpowers, design your cosume. Freelance or choose a career path... Hero or Villain, battle the forces of EVIL (or GOOD).
15%
JadeleineEvilWitch83MagdaleenaAngellulubloodydarkanglCheiriPixieJultan3Gecko420BobisbaetweedleZzMANzZfrantastic922RavenSpitxstxrrysequence 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Choose your Future: Step out of a time machine and into... Flying cars, floating houses and funny robot maids OR a Dark and dirty city controlled by a vast computer complex with eyes everywhere OR Ruins of decaying buildings, Hoards of Zombies and NO MODERN CONVENIENCES!!!
    Honestly, I just want more world space, lol.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Artist Colony: A beautiful coastal town that inpires sims to take up the harp, cello, maybe start an electro/retro/funkadelic band. OR pursue stone sculpting, ceramics and fashionista art couture.
    I want City Living Part 2.
    I want to be able to design my own multi-unit living complexes. I want to be able to own multiple residential lots. I want a new landlord career, and aspiration to be a dastardly Slumlord or a business savvy person with pristine properties.

Or Get to Work Part 2.
    More active careers, or maybe this time active internships, where sims can learn skills to get a boost in new careers. Or possibly, all of Get to Work Part 2 to take place at University. So like University should just follow the Get to Work model of actively working toward something, though for this it is only for a few weeks.

Or Get Famous Part 2.
    Instead of acting, the focus is on producing reality shows. Setting up cameras. Instead of fame, there's like critical success, or bad reviews. Lots of scandalous interactions.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simsneyland: build carousels and roller coasters, learn trapese skills and acrobatics, juggling and clowning. Pose for photos with Freezer Bunnies, llamas and bears, OH MY!
    @jadonbakes i want so bad to be able to build multi-unit living complexes, they could even provide us with the shells used in CIty Living + new ones with different themes, like Dubai, London, São Paulo architectures, etc... Like in Sims 3 where we could use the apartment shells to build new ones with different interiors... Maybe they could reintroduce the interior designer career, the architecture career, etc...
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    First Comes Love: Romance from teen parties to Bridezilla Bashes. Includes expanded breakups and divorces.
    I like a lot of these ideas, but I've wanted more/better romance options for a while, so I had to choose it.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Choose your future sounds interesting, but personally I'd prefer a back in time themed pack.
    Imagine if each map had a past version of itself. A 19teens/20's version of willow creek, a medieval version of windenburg, 1890's brindleton bay, 1870's oasis springs, 1950's strangerville, etc
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    @Karon Ok, that would be an ingenious way to introduce an interior design or architecture career! I want my sim to be an architect so badly!
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    GOS: Welcome to Northeros, a cold and snowy land. Inbetween contests to see who will rule the land you can go snowboarding, skiing and spelunking.
    I know the majority of people chose Disneyland in Sims & Romance packs but I don’t like either irl, so since that translates into sims I would never use those type of packs.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Choose your future sounds interesting, but personally I'd prefer a back in time themed pack.
    Imagine if each map had a past version of itself. A 19teens/20's version of willow creek, a medieval version of windenburg, 1890's brindleton bay, 1870's oasis springs, 1950's strangerville, etc
    Great Idea!
  • Options
    elvisjinkieelvisjinkie Posts: 6 New Member
    i agree with some of these. i just feel like the worlds are so small...and if they wanna release more packs they should work on it
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I would adore a theme park mini world, something the size of granite falls with various rides, games and a theme park vibe. With cost of entry, a hotel to stay in (even if it's a rabbit hole) and something similar to Universal.
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Tbh I just want more interactions between teens, couples and children, like those in TS2. I'm looking forward on how the love life pack adds some drama in the game.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Simicom Valley. Move to the techie city and get a entry level job sweeping factory floors. Choose which branch appeals the most and end up designing and making solar self-driving cars in the AUTO industry or go the other route and create Inteligent Robot Dogs that take each other out for walks.
    I’d absolutely love another city pack which adds more tech-y careers. San Myshuno is probably my favourite world, I’d love to see more like it. Although something artsy or even superheroes would be fantastic!
  • Options
    GosiaWKGosiaWK Posts: 56 Member
    GoT was cool, but then tanked, and the hype is dying down. I would love a pack inspired behind it, but in reality, the rights to such a title and location would be a hassle to get, from HBO and George RR Martin
  • Options
    DiamondPandaDPDiamondPandaDP Posts: 43 Member
    I want something where it's like a world full of a theme park, water park, and trampoline park. Some new traits like "rollercoaster lover",
    "anti-swimmer", and "bounce boss." I think the CAS and Build/Buy items could also be related. A rollercoaster maker would change building quite a bit as well.
    -DiamondPanda
    If I help you please note I do not work for EA. Have a nice day :smiley:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You have great ideas :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I like the idea of teens having more things to do.... maybe even children could have a "crush" on a friend and they can do very innocent interactions like holding hands. Teens could have prom again, which I always thought was fun. Dating apps/online dating, matchmaker/blind dates (which I know kind of exists already in TS4), speed dating maybe?? Like, when I am adopting a pet I choose three and "get to know" each of them three times, discovering their traits and basing my decision off that. Maybe you could do speed dating where, IRL, the premise is to get to know them on the surface - so being able to discover their traits and if you are "compatible" together would be cool... I find myself wasting a lot of time trying to find a suitor only to discover that they hate kids, are evil, and are slobs lol. Not my usual preference.

And like, slow dancing for the people on the forum who are dying for it. Let them breathe a little lol.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Would love more romantic interactions and more romance activities and depth. I really want couple dancing, like slow dancing, to come back.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Game of Sims please! I need more fantasy elements in my sims life! They could even add a new occult into that pack, and include some dragons to ride! Or at least the little shoulder dragons like Sims 3 Dragon Valley had.

I just really want more European culture and fantasy elements in my game <3
    Also, if the world is a snowy one set in any Northern-European inspired type world, then that could be a good opportunity to give us more cold-weather outfits, because Seasons didn't come with a whole lot of them, and there would be a world to travel to that always has snow year round, so it would make sense to give us new snow gear in a pack like that :smiley:
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I really like the simsneyland idea! I'm hoping the Realm of Magic pack is going to have a medieval/fantasy look to it; if not, I need a pack that gives me an old world feel to it.
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    SuperSims!!! Discover your superpowers, design your cosume. Freelance or choose a career path... Hero or Villain, battle the forces of EVIL (or GOOD).
    Superheroes hands down!!

Although I’d love an apocalyptic pack with zombies in it
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    I want City Living Part 2.
    I want to be able to design my own multi-unit living complexes. I want to be able to own multiple residential lots. I want a new landlord career, and aspiration to be a dastardly Slumlord or a business savvy person with pristine properties.

Or Get to Work Part 2.
    More active careers, or maybe this time active internships, where sims can learn skills to get a boost in new careers. Or possibly, all of Get to Work Part 2 to take place at University. So like University should just follow the Get to Work model of actively working toward something, though for this it is only for a few weeks.

Or Get Famous Part 2.
    Instead of acting, the focus is on producing reality shows. Setting up cameras. Instead of fame, there's like critical success, or bad reviews. Lots of scandalous interactions.

How about all of these? <3
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Out of these, the amusement park for sure. I also want to see Sim Olympics type pact with a whole lot of different sports, a hobby theme stuff pack, Elder stuff, and time travel but not to the future, I want my Sims to live with the dinosaurs
  • Options
    ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Honestly, some kind of active bakery/cake decorator or florist career would be fun, imo. I also really loved being a firefighter. More active careers would really make me happy c:
  • Options
    RosyPlumbobs03RosyPlumbobs03 Posts: 9 New Member
    I think the amusement park idea is perfect for story gameplay and it's definitely something we haven't seen before. The Sims 3 store pack with the boardwalk park doesn't count in my opinion since it wasn't really an expansion :p
  • Options
    frantastic922frantastic922 Posts: 23 Member
    > @CorkysPetals said:
    > While we wait for Island Living and Realm of Magic, I've reanimated my New Ideas poll. I'm not going to include Farm Life because I think the devs already know we want this. And I didn't include Sorcery School because Realm of Magic is already in development and it either already has something like that or it's too late to add a major element to the game.
    >
    > And of course, add your own ideas below.

Wait.. Realm of Magic?! Is this true?! And most importantly... WHEN?! :open_mouth: