Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The mystery of the scared towelrunners

There is something really mysterious going on in the city at night.
I am here looking for others who have had these weird encounters too and maybe we can solve the mystery together?
It happend to my sims a few times on their walks through the city, out of the darkness a sim appears, running, scared, dressed in a towel!
D9HEVFvWkAE5bsu.jpg
D9HE6OsWwAE61fN.jpg
D9HDcrlWwAAewqD.jpg
And I wonder what scared them so? Who dressed them in a towel? Is there maybe a bathroom ghost roaming the city, scaring sims straight out of their baths/showers and homes onto the streets?
Who knows?
The moment I talk to these clearly traumatised sims, they change into their normal outfit and act as if nothing is wrong....
but I KNOW something is happening!
Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Comments

• Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    It’s probably just an easter egg. It’s pretty funny.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    IfIdieyoungIfIdieyoung Posts: 45 Member
    They're escaping a weird towel-cult
    Origin id:
    lisimpson93
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hm interesting. Are they doing this often? I mean EA, throwing out these little hints for maybe an upcoming pack or update? It would be cool though! I would love it!

I can not think of anything here other than something from strangerville?? I do know that these sims living in the city are WEIRD. I see them dressed up terribly and sleeping on benches a lot in nothing but their underwear while it is snowing.
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    The one I used to see was the raccoon costume asleep on a bench
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’ve seen this too! Not sure what reason there is behind it. Just a quirk of City Living, I think.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    They just couldn't handle the raise in prices at their favorite Spa.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    LOL I don't know what is going on; but it's funny. My sim is currently living in San Myshuno now; but have yet to see anything like that.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I am just glad this doesn't only happen in my game..
    and just to be clear, I don't think there is actually any legit reason for it, I don't believe it's intentional, rather just one of those weird things the game does sometimes but it's just too funny ^^

Also I am liking the cult Idea....maybe I should open a towellovers club, yes!
    That's probly what the game is trying to tell me with it!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    California is the epicentre of wierdness (was stationed there 3 times so have lots of experience), EA is in California, therefore EA will do wierd things for no logical reason whatever. It's the frightened look that's the puzzle. There are at least 2 threads on how ludicrous townie outfits are, so the towels fit right in. It's the expressions, the running, the denials. What is going on to initiate that? Is there any timing connection between the appearance of this and the introduction of a pack?
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    People in the city are crazy. Just look at the Sims in bathing suits who are wearing luchador masks :D I think they are all just meant to add flavor.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Perhaps they are running away from phantam lava and felt their towels would combat any burning rocks! Or they've escaped from the hospital, traumatized after the birth of their child and are pre parent panicking their way back to the Honey Pop Bar.
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2019
    Could they be running from a vampire or a possessed Sim from Strangerville? I know that doesn’t explain the towels, but it’s the only logical thing I could think of. Maybe this is from a piece of code regarding burglars or the upcoming Magic game pack. Maybe it accidentally got released into our games early. I know that’s highly unlikely, but it’s just a thought.

Perhaps these Sims have the Erratic or Paranoid traits.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    They have been in the game since City Living was released. Not sure what they are supposed to represent, but they've been there!
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2019
    They have definitely been around since the pack was released. Sometimes I like to imagine they are Sims who were having an affair with a married Sim. Then the married Sims spouse shows up and and all they have time to do is grab a towel and run away before they get caught. This is why they look so scared. :wink:
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I sometimes wonder if it's a nod to Psycho, but that might be a bit too dark for a Sims game lol.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The only times they run like that are when there are fire around or spouse is in labor.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    This is hilarious! I haven't had it happen in my game -- yet. I think I might start spending more playing time in the city.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I says they probably got caught by their lover's spouse :naughty:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    They are trying to make a clean getaway. (Sorry, couldn't resist. )
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I caught this piece of work a few months back.....

cpJ1cNM.png

I've also no idea what they are running FROM, if anything.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited June 2019
    I saw one of these! I had a teenager living in a city apartment with his toddler sister and someone ran through the street in a towel. I actually paused my game to zoom in on that nonsense. I do love the nonsense.

Edit: This was way before Strangerville, when City Living was still new. Pretty sure it's a City Living thing.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I caught this piece of work a few months back.....

cpJ1cNM.png

I've also no idea what they are running FROM, if anything.

Is this guy not only scared and towel-clad, but smiling? Weird, weird stuff...
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Perhaps there is a Bates Motel nearby and they're escaping a close call.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Darnit - I keep telling my Sims, "Not in the PUBLIC sauna!" Sorry, guys. ;)
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    They've escaped from Buffalo Bill's well. lol

yT4reZE.gif
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!