Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your creative outlets (if any) when not playing The Sims?

13...Next

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I enjoy Sims and... (insert your creative outlets in a comment)
    Writing. Mostly poetry and short stories, but I find that the Sims actually fits nicely into that outlet as well. It gives me a visual manifestation of my short stories to work from.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm a writer. Sometimes, I write about my Sims (blog) other times I'm actually working on a novel. Lately, I've been revising/editing my latest book. It's an historical novel based on the lives of my 6th (6X) great-grandparents who lived through the French and Indian War, Pontiac's War, and the Revolutionary War. (And we thought we had hard times! :open_mouth: ) The 18th century was a fascinating time, I've come to discover. I shall now be turning myself over to creating a proper cover for the work. Self-publication. I haven't really drawn since my head exploded. (Ruptured brain aneurysm.) I'm almost afraid that drawing is a talent for which I may lack, now. It's been close to ten years since I attempted a portrait. I'm scared, really. I'm afraid I can't do it anymore.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019
    Ultimately I Daydream, because quite frankly, life can be a big joke sometimes, So I created another world where I can escape to where only the people I like are imagined in this world.
    and if people I don't like somehow worm their way into my dreamworld, their fate in this world is worse than death.
    My dream isn't a perfect world what it's sunshine, and everyone is happy. No ma'am, Even the sound Heavenly Paradise is a boring fate worse than Death, I need good entertaining drama.
    there's a Lot of tragedy in my Dreams, but there's a lot of good times, Comedic, Romantic, Very Risqué, and Magic and supernaturals are heavily present.

So I write and I sketch.
    I would Say everything I'm about to list contributed to my creativity.
    Video Games: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Legend of Zelda, Minecraft, Sims 4, and SimCity.
    Netflix and Youtube: Once Upon a Time, Teen Wolf, The Crown, Reign, Victoria, Merlin, The Borgias, Versailles, Game of Thrones.

I'd say my Main Wealthiest Family in my game, The Jordans, a Family of werewolves are inspired by: The Hale Family, from Teen Wolf, The Carrington Family from The Dynasty on the CW, and the Vanderbilt Family in real Life History. But technically this family was started by reverse Generational creation. It started with Tyron Jordan who is inspired by a real life High School friend of mine. and then I just sort of made him and his family rich for no reason at all. I built them a Mansion and everything and when I started to learn history, I developed those reasons, and then The Jordans became an Aristocratic family, that are the 1 of 5 founding fathers of my Fictional town of Briarwood.

Taking History courses also really helped spur my creativity, it really helps with character building and World creation. because it gives your characters and builds a rich historical value, and delved into how my characters each contributed to the foundation of my worlds, over generations. and then Watching TV shows and real life helped inspire characters, and Playing Video games helped me really create a Detailed and complex Plotline.

I would say the sims is just one of many outlets I utilize, It's definitely not my main outlet. My Stories Have existed long before I got into this game. When they announced the Sims 4, I said "I think this would be a good game to see my characters and Stories unfold, Outside of my imagination." And It sort of achieved my imagination. there are some tiny and Major details missing.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I write short stories for magazines. I also write novels, but none published yet. I do graphic design for my on line POD store. And I try to do some acting (minor roles/extra) most weeks.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • jaymancrazjaymancraz Posts: 92 Member
    I’ve been on a Cities Skylines binge lately.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Writing, Graphic Design, and Sims (usually building) are my top outlets. They swap places for whatever I need. Sometimes I'll spend a couple weeks reading and write short stories that have nothing to do with Sims. I've also made fake magazines to amuse my friends (gotta do something with my college degree!) and spent weeks working on a single build in Sims 4. It goes in cycles.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Other games, tabletop role-playing (specifically fleshing out my homegrown campaign setting), and writing stories to amuse myself, mostly.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Music, photography... being retired gives me time :wink:

DSC_0002.JPG
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm an author, so writing is my other main creative outlet. I also enjoy knitting, cross stitch, drawing, making candles.
  • DiamondPandaDPDiamondPandaDP Posts: 43 Member
    Personally I like art, writing, playing other video games, texting my friends, hanging out with my friends, and overall doing random stuff that's in my city.
    -DiamondPanda
    If I help you please note I do not work for EA. Have a nice day :smiley:
  • mrma49mrma49 Posts: 14 New Member
    Making music
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Writing, singing.