Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood Names?

fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
Was watching a Sim Supply video where he was taking sims quizzes. He got to a question that asked what the name of a neighborhood in Willow Creek was called. The answer was Foundry Cove, but I, and several people in the comments, realized that we had known the answer but none of us could figure out how we knew it. We had heard the name before, but when James went looking in game for the name, he couldn't find it appearing anywhere on the map or world description. Does anyone know where, in game, you find the names of the neighborhoods? Some in the comments thought it might have been on the map before it was changed to color, but going back to older videos have found that's not the case. Others thought it might appear at the top when you load in to a house in that neighborhood but I think that might just be the lot name and not the neighborhood? Did the devs announce the names at some point and we all just subconsciously remember them with out realizing it? It's really strange. Any ideas?
Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn

Comments

• Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I don't think there is anything in the game itself. I have an old gamebook from Prima Games that has maps of the neighborhoods and the original lot names for Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. They didn't publish any books for the other neighborhoods, so I don't think that it would help with them. If my memory is correct I think "Jenbar" or "Silrosse" on the Gallery did maps with their names. They were old so they might not include more recent worlds. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    I think the devs should update the map ui for the base game worlds Willow Creek and Oasis Springs to include new ui that when hovered we can see the name and descriptions of the neighborhoods like how they did for Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @mebagl15 I have that book! I haven't looked at it for ages so had forgotten I had it. Thank you! It was really bugging me that I couldn't remember where I had seen/heard it before. Mystery solved I guess, for me at least. Don't know about for everyone else in the comments. :D

@Scarbo27 Yeah that would be helpful.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I too have that book. Very dated now but it did give me vital information when I started playing.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I never saw hood names in any of the older worlds. I think they were introduced with San Myshuno. So - I've made up my own hood names for Willow, Oasis Springs and Newcrest.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited June 2019
    Apparently the wiki at least got them from The Sims 3 Collectors edition's Creator Guide that was released in Europe/Australia. Some also have said they can be found within game files.
  • Options
    QueenSnapdragonQueenSnapdragon Posts: 34 Member
    I love SimSupply! James/Semaj is hilarious. I find his content to be so relaxing.