Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is it so difficult for EA to sort the problem with sitting?!

AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
It is pretty clear that EA cannot control sitting in the game. It looks like there's some gap or something in the engine. Sims sit when you start a conversation. They sit before giving a bath to toddler or pet, sit just to talk to them for whatever reason. They sit literally everywhere it is possible during conversations.
Why? I would like to have a nice conversation in a park without my sims running to sit on a bench..

What is more annoying when you want them to sit they stand!
During live performances they stand really closely instead of sitting. So basically trailers were just faked.

ixvT7JS.png

Same with weddings. On trailer we can see beautiful wedding with sims sitting watching a wedding. In my game they gather around and stand.
I would love sitting to be no autonomous. Maybe when you grab a food but not when you start a conversation with sim.

Well. It's been 5 years. It's pretty clear that this issue will never get sorted.
I just hope that with new generation they won't make the same mistakes.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think I remember the sitting is by design and not a flaw. One of them mentioned when asked about it that it was built (my words) to work that way as Sims will search for a place to sit to have a conversation or interacting and prefer to sit. But sometime after the first EP weddings broke in my opinion because the first one they did sit the next one they didn't bother in my game, they were too busy drinking and standing around yaking to watch.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Book case is 2 squares away, chair is in the OTHER ROOM. Tell Jane to put the book away and watch Jane sit.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Someone at Maxis really enjoys musical chairs.

I've had instances where Sims have been sat talking, only to move to a different nearby seat before continuing to speak, sometimes several times in the same conversation. Just now I was in the manor in Forgotten Hollow, where the lounge has two sofas, and Sims kept moving between them.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    They won't sit and have a conversation. They always jump up abruptly and stand across the room :D
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Weddings, Speeches, the hospital waiting area, watching performances whether it be comedy or what not THEY WILL NOT SIT! its freaking annoying...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    MizzSammii3MizzSammii3 Posts: 26 Member
    And yet when you want them to sit down with a plate of food across from their kid to ask them how their day at school was, they STAND next to the chair with their plate of food in their hands and converse.

It's real weird.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2019
    Honestly I think they spend the big part of their time to think about dlcs and dlcs and at this point with so many dlcs, the base game is just forgotten in a certain way.
    Post edited by Renato10 on
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think I remember the sitting is by design and not a flaw. One of them mentioned when asked about it that it was built (my words) to work that way as Sims will search for a place to sit to have a conversation or interacting and prefer to sit. But sometime after the first EP weddings broke in my opinion because the first one they did sit the next one they didn't bother in my game, they were too busy drinking and standing around yaking to watch.

Weddings were fixed. Guests will now sit to hear the vows and see them exchange the wedding rings.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah sifting is horrible in TS4. Can't they just stuck them while sitting?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    It's not even an unfixable issue. This mod http://modthesims.info/d/627316/chat-still.html forces the sims to stand still during conversations.
    I assume the jumping around is done on purpose, to make the sims appear more alive, more realistic or whatever. And maybe in real life we DO sit down more often than we keep standing, but my sims used to unerringly choose the swimming pool's edge during sales conversations, when yelling at their enemies and even at weddings (Told groom to kiss bride, groom kissed bride, groom removed his wedding suit and sat down at the swimming pool.)
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

Weddings were fixed. Guests will now sit to hear the vows and see them exchange the wedding rings.

I guess my game didn't get the memo lol. The last time I played only two or three of the max amount of guests actually sat down the rest were dancing to nothing (the venue doesn't even have a radio!), And doing other things instead of watching the wedding. It was a hot freaking mess. They can say they fixed it all they want but until I see it in my game it ain't fixed. 🤷
    Post edited by Noree_Doree on
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    It's not even an unfixable issue. This mod http://modthesims.info/d/627316/chat-still.html forces the sims to stand still during conversations.
    I assume the jumping around is done on purpose, to make the sims appear more alive, more realistic or whatever. And maybe in real life we DO sit down more often than we keep standing, but my sims used to unerringly choose the swimming pool's edge during sales conversations, when yelling at their enemies and even at weddings (Told groom to kiss bride, groom kissed bride, groom removed his wedding suit and sat down at the swimming pool.)

WOW, Thank you! I didn't know about this mod. Hope it works alright.