September 20 - Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.

Do you still have hope?

Comments

  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 524 Member
    No it’s to late
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

    Weren’t you just saying lots of Summers are enjoying Sims 4? Now you’re saying you wished people talked more positively about it? :neutral:

    You're sooooo jealous of TS4 success. It's perfect game, without a doubt. Like Logan Paul, because he gets so much attention because everybody loves him. It's such a great role model for children. Attention equals favorism, right?

    Lol! Eww....
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,004 Member
    edited July 27
    You're sooooo jealous of TS4 success. It's perfect game, without a doubt despite the controversy. Like Logan Paul, because he gets so much attention because everybody loves him. I think those who make headlines of him are obsessed with him or something along the lines what Stormsview meant. It's such a great role model for children. Attention equals favorism, always.

    And you're here, flame-baiting in a feedback forum, because people have different opinions from your own. It's okay, we can all think differently and have legitimate points! :smile:
    It's perfect game, without a doubt despite the controversy.

    I disagree, 100%. If it were a perfect game, there would be less controversy, but like a magnet, controversy finds its way to The Sims 4 every time. Whether that's from its online failure of a start, its lack of communication from development until this very point in time, its extended amounts of bugs and glitches, its reversal of open world, its omission of CASt and advanced creative tools, its faulty emotion system, its aspirations system, its scaled down trait system, its lack of gameplay in packs, or even its recent rebranding. I could go on and on.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 335 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    At least Sims 4 doesn't freeze up & your not force to uninstall certain number of the gameplays/stuff games like Sims 3.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,736 Member
    No it’s to late
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

    Weren’t you just saying lots of Summers are enjoying Sims 4? Now you’re saying you wished people talked more positively about it? :neutral:

    You're sooooo jealous of TS4 success. It's perfect game, without a doubt. Like Logan Paul, because he gets so much attention because everybody loves him. It's such a great role model for children. Attention equals favorism, right?

    Lol! Eww....

    You sure do like it. He has over 19m. and a more half viewers. You must definitely like said perfect being. We all do, no exception.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    You're sooooo jealous of TS4 success. It's perfect game, without a doubt despite the controversy. Like Logan Paul, because he gets so much attention because everybody loves him. I think those who make headlines of him are obsessed with him or something along the lines what Stormsview meant. It's such a great role model for children. Attention equals favorism, always.

    And you're here, flame-baiting in a feedback forum, because people have different opinions from your own. It's okay, we can all think differently and have legitimate points! :smile:
    It's perfect game, without a doubt despite the controversy.

    I disagree, 100%. If it were a perfect game, there would be less controversy, but like a magnet, controversy finds its way to The Sims 4 every time. Whether that's from its online failure of a start, its lack of communication from development until this very point in time, its extended amounts of bugs and glitches, its reversal of open world, its omission of CASt and advanced creative tools, its faulty emotion system, its aspirations system, its scaled down trait system, its lack of gameplay in packs, or even its recent rebranding. I could go on and on.

    I'll have to rehash my point (edit my comment), because I was trying to point out that the publicity reaction doesn't equate to people liking said game or person. That's why I wittingly brought up Jake Paul, the most loathed person in the internet realm / you tube (uncomparable subjects, but felt like it was still fittingly in the analogy scheme). Lol I shouldn't worded in ways thinking people would get the memo between my written lines. I agree with you and were on the same thought boat.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,004 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

    Weren’t you just saying lots of Summers are enjoying Sims 4? Now you’re saying you wished people talked more positively about it? :neutral:

    You're sooooo jealous of TS4 success. It's perfect game, without a doubt. Like Logan Paul, because he gets so much attention because everybody loves him. It's such a great role model for children. Attention equals favorism, right?

    Lol! Eww....

    You sure do like it. He has over 19m. and a more half viewers. You must definitely like said perfect being. We all do, no exception.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    You're sooooo jealous of TS4 success. It's perfect game, without a doubt despite the controversy. Like Logan Paul, because he gets so much attention because everybody loves him. I think those who make headlines of him are obsessed with him or something along the lines what Stormsview meant. It's such a great role model for children. Attention equals favorism, always.

    And you're here, flame-baiting in a feedback forum, because people have different opinions from your own. It's okay, we can all think differently and have legitimate points! :smile:
    It's perfect game, without a doubt despite the controversy.

    I disagree, 100%. If it were a perfect game, there would be less controversy, but like a magnet, controversy finds its way to The Sims 4 every time. Whether that's from its online failure of a start, its lack of communication from development until this very point in time, its extended amounts of bugs and glitches, its reversal of open world, its omission of CASt and advanced creative tools, its faulty emotion system, its aspirations system, its scaled down trait system, its lack of gameplay in packs, or even its recent rebranding. I could go on and on.

    I'll have to rehash my point (edit my comment), because I was trying to point out that the publicity reaction doesn't equate to people liking said game or person. That's why I wittingly brought up Jake Paul, the most loathed person in the internet realm / you tube (uncomparable subjects, but felt like it was still fittingly in the analogy scheme). Lol I shouldn't worded in ways thinking people would get the memo between my written lines. I agree with you and were on the same thought boat.

    Ah, I didn't read through your sarcasm, lol. Your last sentence makes sense now.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,588 Member
    edited July 27
    I don’t think anything needs to be fixed
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Sims 4 is perfect as it is. Would you change a game that gets this much attention, negative or positive, it still makes record sales. People love Sims 4, not even most of the naysayers can stop thinking and talking about it, even wanting it. They are also hooked on Sims 4 even if they do not think so its what they think on every day?. You have to admit sometimes a person can hate a celebrity so much to they become obsessed with them.
    Did people stop buying Island Living even when it was not included in the Origin sale? Nope? People want what they want and they want and love the Sims 4, they love all the Sims games. If the old Sims on-line was still playable they would be there as well.


    Sims 4 even have people dreaming of replacing it, and from what I have seen that's all it is, it's a dream! because it's in no way even at the game level.

    Then we have people wanting them to Fix this or that in Sims 4. Talking about fixing Sims 4, wait, what? a perfect money maker.Have you ever wondered why Moding the Sims game is allowed they can block them any time they want, So it must be a reason why they allow Mods maybe to give us most of what we want in Sims 4? Its almost a Mod for every wish we simmers have. And don't feel sorry for the Vanilla Simmers, they actually like their game vanilla.

    If someone says its something new in the Sims 4, what do they do? run fast to check it out, that's heavy interest or just simply love. <3

    So your logic is "If it's popular, there is no need to fix it or make it better". I don't understand.

    Your right you don't understand. But did that matter? Your efforts to explain my logic was futile.
    Maybe its not always about trying to fix something broken.
    Sometimes its about starting over and creating something better.
    WGYfB8n.png
    But whatever happens Don't panic
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 3,593 Member
    I don’t think anything needs to be fixed
    I'm not saying the game is perfect or anything, it still needs a lot of improvement, but I was taught to be thankful for the little things. So I'm glad that we at least have emotions, and I find it hard to choose more than 2 traits most of the time, so lack of many trait options (I think that was what you meant by lack of personalities) doesn't bother me much. But then again, that's just me.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 1,011 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    The Sims 4 keeps pushing the whole emotions system as a major feature, which it is, but it also says on it's packaging that Sims experience emotions "for the first time" which isn't strictly true. The Sims in Sims 3 had emotions, they were just tied to the mood bar, which meant not a lot of them were seen most of the time - but they were still there. Furthermore, traits actually impacted what emotions your Sim would feel. It's absolutely by no means a perfect system at all, but it should have been the starting point for the system used in The Sims 4.
    Emotions.png

    Sims 3's traits are such well made feature ever introduced in the sims game imo, here in sims 4 i could randomize all traits and it wont matter since they all act just the same.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,311 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    The Sims 4 keeps pushing the whole emotions system as a major feature, which it is, but it also says on it's packaging that Sims experience emotions "for the first time" which isn't strictly true. The Sims in Sims 3 had emotions, they were just tied to the mood bar, which meant not a lot of them were seen most of the time - but they were still there. Furthermore, traits actually impacted what emotions your Sim would feel. It's absolutely by no means a perfect system at all, but it should have been the starting point for the system used in The Sims 4.

    Emotions.png

    You just killed TS4 with those images.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,725 Member
    No it’s to late
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    At least Sims 4 doesn't freeze up & your [sic] not force {sic] to uninstall certain number of the gameplays/stuff games like Sims 3.

    Not in my Sims 3 game. Runs great and always has. Invalid argument for why so many of us hate TS4.
  • familysimsfamilysims Posts: 116 Member
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    I always have faith in the team!
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 236 Member
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    Seeing as I still enjoy playing this game, yes I have hopes that the things I wish were fixed or added will be. If I was disappointed in the core game play then I wouldn't, because that is not going to change.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,736 Member
    No it’s to late
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    At least Sims 4 doesn't freeze up & your [sic] not force {sic] to uninstall certain number of the gameplays/stuff games like Sims 3.

    Not in my Sims 3 game. Runs great and always has. Invalid argument for why so many of us hate TS4.

    It doesn't for me too, strangely enough (my computer isn't geared for gaming). Though what I do get is Simulation lag in TS4, which I wish it didn't
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 164 Member
    No it’s to late
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    At least Sims 4 doesn't freeze up & your [sic] not force {sic] to uninstall certain number of the gameplays/stuff games like Sims 3.

    Not in my Sims 3 game. Runs great and always has. Invalid argument for why so many of us hate TS4.

    Sometimes I feel like people just over exaggerate about The Sims 3. I mean... unless they are trying to run the game on a patato.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,326 Member
    edited July 27
    No it’s to late
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    At least Sims 4 doesn't freeze up & your [sic] not force {sic] to uninstall certain number of the gameplays/stuff games like Sims 3.

    Not in my Sims 3 game. Runs great and always has. Invalid argument for why so many of us hate TS4.

    It doesn't for me too, strangely enough (my computer isn't geared for gaming). Though what I do get is Simulation lag in TS4, which I wish it didn't
    Me 3. The thing is, I appreciate Sims 3 didn't run well for many people, for whatever reason (their computer or too much CC). It's just not an objective reason why the game would be inferior to a smoothly running Sims 4, because for me Sims 3 runs just as fine as Sims 4. Performance has never been an issue for me with Sims 3. Bugs, sure. Performance? Nope.
  • ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 16 Member
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    I largely skipped TS3 and I think 4 is in a pretty good place. I can't wait for more bugs to be fixed, but I don't think there's anything particularly bad with the emotions system...?

    It sounds like people's complaints are about the trait system not affecting emotions more deeply? No nearly-permanently sad or angry Sims?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,326 Member
    No it’s to late
    ElDimentio wrote: »
    I largely skipped TS3 and I think 4 is in a pretty good place. I can't wait for more bugs to be fixed, but I don't think there's anything particularly bad with the emotions system...?

    It sounds like people's complaints are about the trait system not affecting emotions more deeply? No nearly-permanently sad or angry Sims?
    No.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,311 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    Renato10 wrote: »
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    At least Sims 4 doesn't freeze up & your [sic] not force {sic] to uninstall certain number of the gameplays/stuff games like Sims 3.

    Not in my Sims 3 game. Runs great and always has. Invalid argument for why so many of us hate TS4.

    Sometimes I feel like people just over exaggerate about The Sims 3. I mean... unless they are trying to run the game on a patato.

    Oh so I'm not the only one thinking people exxagerate about TS3. I mean maybe Isla Paradiso is buggy (I fixed the Scott family and now I play in this island without any major bugs since maybe one year) but except this, I don't know how TS3 can be ''unplayable'' because of bugs...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,311 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    ElDimentio wrote: »
    I largely skipped TS3 and I think 4 is in a pretty good place. I can't wait for more bugs to be fixed, but I don't think there's anything particularly bad with the emotions system...?

    It sounds like people's complaints are about the trait system not affecting emotions more deeply? No nearly-permanently sad or angry Sims?

    A whole bunch of other things. Lack of gameplay, NPCs, cars, consequences, personalities etc. And these are mostly things unlikely to be fixed.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,649 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Seeing as I still enjoy playing this game, yes I have hopes that the things I wish were fixed or added will be. If I was disappointed in the core game play then I wouldn't, because that is not going to change.

    I wouldn't worry about it. You have entered the no hope zone. :)
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,351 Member
    No it’s to late
    I hope Paralives will actually become a full game and a competitor to The Sims (although I suspect it'll be more like how Cities Skylines competed with SimCity 2013, IE it blew it away utterly)... Does that count?
    raw
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 30,798 Member
    edited July 28
    No it’s to late
    If the game is perfect, then we can end it right here, right? No bug fixes, no new free content nor any new packs. You can't improve upon perfection. Hope others think it's 'perfect' then we can go on to a possible better game like TS5 that might interest me more than this one does. Maybe it won't, but perfection can't be added to, nor improved.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,736 Member
    No it’s to late
    "TS3 runs badly" notion I think comes from those who don't bother upgrading the computer and doing a few setups (installing error trap and over-watch). Here's an idea: If you're gonna post said critiques, back it up by posting your computer specs :) We can help (although not in this thread obviously) you with that so it can run it perfectly.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top