Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope?

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    this answer is not a 100%
    but regarding the emotions system, I don't really care about it tbh, funny though, the first thing a friend of mine noticed when she got sims 4 was "they got emotions now!" (and she love that) and I (already playing the game for some month) was just like "um, yeah I guess..", idk the emotions thing was never that impressive to begin with and sometimes they annoy me more than anything, so I am fine with how it is.

now the personality part is another thing...although there are some minor consequences to some traits it mostly doesn't seem to matter much.
    Personally I really miss likes and dislikes.
    Emotions have been always there, also in the other games. The only difference is they never were part of gameplay, not something they could use to achieve something, nor there all the time and you never got this jingle or icon down below to tell you when they had one (I actually have a mod that silences that jingle), just a result of what happened to your sims. Basically how emotions work irl. They’re there and they’re always caused by something.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    I want to believe it will, but I doubt it. Every time someone makes a suggestion, they either get ignored or are given an excuse why their suggestion wouldn't be possible. Not to mention they work on all sorts of other things no one asks for, like the rebranding for example. I love the team and the things they do, but this is unfortunately how it is.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    awe plum... i saw someone say the sims 4 will go on indefinitely? I love the sims team, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 i hope some competiton comes along soon. if this is what we're stuck with, there wont be a sims 5 and we wont see a return of older missed features, i'm so done with this franchise and ready to move on. i miss the old days when i couldnt wait for a new pack to come along and take my money. somebody please step up and rescue us.

i figured some day the sims would grow so much it would be hard to come up with new ideas, i was even fine with it, as long as the game kept up with technological advancements and atleast improved graphically. i never expected to see a day where they would throw away old ideas and become so generic and become content with staying that way.

There are tons of games / game types that i love out there, but the sims franchise is the one i miss the most.

#SadlyDisappointed
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    5 years in and we finally got a trait randomiser in CAS. If anything else in TS4 is going to be improved upon/fixed, it'll be another 5 more years down the road.

You forgot 5 years for a white shelf.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    No it’s to late
    I don't believe they will do anything about it and the core game play will remain the same. (Boring for me)
    Nothing happens until you make it happen and most game play is a linear path of instructions that you follow.
    This will sell more packs and most people are fine with it.

We will jump from pack to pack to continue our interest in the game.
    If feels like we are being strung along, being drip fed features. The longer this series is stretched out, the more we pay for it to get features we should have had by now.

I am just waiting for University, so I can play my game as I usually play a Sims game.
    The game has become too Doll House for me though. I'll see how I feel about it after Uni and playing multiple generations.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I voted on this poll long time ago and I wish I could change my vote now because I do not believe anything will change for the best anymore.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    No it’s to late
    Give them something else to look at and they will never notice the mess. Fixing the game at this point cost time and money,
  • pegasusventricepegasusventrice Posts: 56 Member
    I don’t think anything needs to be fixed
    I don't have a problem with the emotions or their personalities.
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    No it’s to late
    I somehow still have a tiny bit of hope that they might fix/add things like better emotions, story progression, CAW etc. but I'm afraid that, after five years, it's most probably not going to happen anymore. It's sad, as I do think this is the prettiest Sims game yet.
  • barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    No it’s to late
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    this answer is not a 100%
    but regarding the emotions system, I don't really care about it tbh, funny though, the first thing a friend of mine noticed when she got sims 4 was "they got emotions now!" (and she love that) and I (already playing the game for some month) was just like "um, yeah I guess..", idk the emotions thing was never that impressive to begin with and sometimes they annoy me more than anything, so I am fine with how it is.

now the personality part is another thing...although there are some minor consequences to some traits it mostly doesn't seem to matter much.
    Personally I really miss likes and dislikes.
    Emotions have been always there, also in the other games. The only difference is they never were part of gameplay, not something they could use to achieve something, nor there all the time and you never got this jingle or icon down below to tell you when they had one (I actually have a mod that silences that jingle), just a result of what happened to your sims. Basically how emotions work irl. They’re there and they’re always caused by something.

There is hope for us. PARALIVES. That's it.
  • HollowMo0nHollowMo0n Posts: 5 New Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    My true answer is in between 'No it's too late' and 'I don't know, I hope so.' I don't think it's too late...however, it's been 5 years. It will probably take another 3 years to fix -anything- in the game. I appreciate that they're updating swatches and such, but that doesn't fix any of the other problems in the game. Also, I don't believe they care about their consumers. I'm sure some players can give you a laundry list of what they want fixed and what they want added from previous Sims games. Some were requested since the beginning and have yet to even be mentioned in an update or pack. If they do updated moodlets, household, careers and all that...it will be a miracle.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    No it’s to late
    Nothing going to change the core of this game.
    giphy.gif

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    As somebody once put it, that I feel eager to quote it word by word:
    The Sims 4 isn't selling gameplay, it's selling hope.
    Let's think about that for a moment. Like, let it sink it. It's clear what some people (which I feel large majority do and deep down know it) are buying and purchasing this iteration for. I feel that outlook pretty fitting to the title of threads and poll, that I feel sharing this bit. This doesn't apply for everyone, isn't directed to everyone, but for certain group that deep down know it that are suffering on this awful impulse.

ETA: And yes, most of us are guilty of that.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    I do lost hope about the changes or revamp in core features such as emotion,traits and personality, So I'd change my vote if i could
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    No it’s to late
    Heck to the no. They'll be too busy trying to fix bugs and creating more of them, to be able to work on a better emotion system, etc. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I hate to say this because it's well a big surprise. They fixed it while we were not looking, and what about the new code to get the cars and everything that EA build within the game, we now have access to all of it that's a wow, Its like 20 stuff packs of fun things to build or do whatever we want with, how cool is that.

But the new Story mode, Now we can make any type of avatar they even ask you question so they know what type of avatar to make for you. I think it is just so cool.

<3 NEW STORY MODE TO CREATE A SIM | Sims 4 Huge Free Update <3 Just go check it all out.

Sorry, everyone, it is just true they fixed it. please do not everyone throw your shoes at me. It is just true and a big wow.

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    I have given up hope of the main bugs ever being fixed or the annoyances like
    sims constantly standing up at meal times to hug each other
    Dj's and bar staff in clubs stopping to gawk and fawn over celebrities
    Taking toddlers out of high chairs then putting them back in to ask if they want a bath or anything else
    Sims dropping everything in their queue because a sim with a pristine reputation appeared and they have to wave to them
    All your Sims changing into outdoor clothes because you changed someones outfit at a dresser
    Sims not changing out of outdoor clothes when they go inside
    Every action outdoors dropping because they have to put up an umbrella
    Your sims coming home from school and work tense -- every single day
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    I am kinda in the middle ( surprise) of yes and I don't know so I guess Maybe? I like to keep hopeful and in response to another comment on here I do not play with any mods I'm strictly a vanilla girl and though of course there are things I wish added/changed I rarely have had any problem with issues others do. So no I don't need to heavily mod my game to enjoy it. Doesn't mean I don't see room for improvement.
    Sims 2 *Hint Hint. o:)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Did you know you don't need a mod to turn off the "jingles" with emotions? Turn off "Enable Mood Sting" in the settings (audio).

But back to the original topic - It's not too late, it's more whether the devs will adopt a particular mindset for future updates. SimGuruGrant said "anything is *possible*" in the game and I believe that - it's more a matter what they choose to do... it's all software and software can be always be changed. Yes some things are more difficult/unlikely to be changed than others (open world, CAST, etc.)

Part of the issue is everyone plays the game differently. What I want most in the game is not necessarily what others would want. I want more in-depth, potentially challenging and consequential gameplay the most. So this would mean revamping whims, adding fears, adding an attraction system, more "uncertainty" (like burglars, more random events, etc.)

It is certainly possible to do that; not all of these things are tied to the "core" of the game engine. However, many others would resist these kinds of changes and I do think there's a different target demographic than there used to be for previous games.

So I guess I'm saying is that it's not the core of the game engine that's limiting (the kind of) gameplay (I prefer), it's the upper management and choices that the development team is making and who they are defining as their "target consumer."
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    I know many people have criticism for the game when it comes to features but I actually don't. The only criticism I have is bugs and glitches :open_mouth: For me The Sims is just something I turn on after a hard day, play, enjoy my time, shut off, go make dinner, tidy the home, go to bed.. and well repeat.. it is just something relaxing and I don't actually have any certain expectations for the franchise. I just never think about "what if this feature was here" or "this seems bad" I have been this way ever since The Sims 2 in 2009 haha. I just always feel very grateful for everything I am getting in the game and always find the positives if I dislike a part of the game.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    I wish people were as upset about this as they were about the new loading screen...the things the community tends to complain about still add nothing to gameplay (not saying the super saturated blue wasn't a problem since people were getting migraines) but you always see the want for cars and university and supernaturals. That stuff is nice, but it's not going to fix the base game. It'll feel empty before long because you have to keep yourself entertained. It's a game, it should be entertaining you.

TS4 doesn't need a color wheel or open world or more stuff to be better, the base game's Live Mode needs to be fixed. They can put the game out for free and give it discounts and rebrand all they want, but they're not going to keep new players if the game isn't fun.

Of course, I'm talking about the individuality of the actual sims. The personality, the unexpected reactions, the different relations, the consequences...I don't want my sims that were just in a fight to immediately start joking with each other. I don't want my teen to treat their toddler sibling like their own child. I don't want every sim to be 'tense' during a thunderstorm without the reward trait. I don't want every sim to play on the computer or play on their phone or dance for fun. Because every sim does the same thing, they lose their individuality. That's what needs to be fixed. Even when not comparing this game to 2 or 3, it's very hard to make unique characters when they're limited to the same actions and have no influence from traits.

And when people go around screaming about how we still don't have this and that, it makes it very hard for others to voice the problems with the game and we all go unheard and brushed off as 'they can't make everyone happy, people play the game differently, just be grateful for what they give us, stop complaining and being negative'. I want to have hope, but I think it's time for another break away from the game. I bought it at launch and was so disappointed, I didn't start playing again until toddlers were added 2 years later. I wonder how long I need to stay away this time...

Sorry for the rant, but in the end, there are a ton of people who have no problem with the lack of personality. I wonder if I were younger (I'm 25) if I would care as much. It does seem like they've narrowed their target audience and I guess I don't fit in it anymore.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    @Pegasys Thanks! No, I didn’t know that.

It’s true by the way (in general, not just reacting to you) that simmers want different things. Which is why some favour Sims 2, some favour Sims 3 and some favour Sims 4. That given alone reveals that more than anything else. But I still think an expensive AAA game should have some basic quality that should lift it beyond turning it on after a busy day to be entertained for an hour or so. That for me describes the free app games I play (totally addicted to Best Fiends atm, love to play that with my cup of coffee within reach). Even if you enjoy the game like that, it’s just not living up to the standard it should have for that status and price ticket. We really may expect more of it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    Honestly, I just want them to start paying more attention to the things people asked for. Rather than doing stuff like, changing the covers of everyone's games in origin, and giving us stories that we can't customize.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I had almost completely given up on the idea of them adding toddlers and then they surprised us so I don't know... a tiny part of me holds on to hope.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    No it’s to late
    As somebody once put it, that I feel eager to quote it word by word:
    The Sims 4 isn't selling gameplay, it's selling hope.
    Let's think about that for a moment. Like, let it sink it. It's clear what some people (which I feel large majority do and deep down know it) are buying and purchasing this iteration for. I feel that outlook pretty fitting to the title of threads and poll, that I feel sharing this bit. This doesn't apply for everyone, isn't directed to everyone, but for certain group that deep down know it that are suffering on this awful impulse.

ETA: And yes, most of us are guilty of that.

This!