Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope?

Comments

• xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    There is always room to improve no matter what it is.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    As long as it is being made and people are buying it irregardless of what the few say here - that determines it will continue to being made - as EA said - " as long as it is feasible to do so " - and they said that way back in 2014. Keep that in mind. So people make it feasible to do so.... and many of us are obviously happy it is still feasible and hope is far from being gone.

There is always room to improve. No matter what it is tbh.
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    No it’s to late
    You make me a little jealous if you think that the game is perfect the way it is. I wish I could say the same thing. I love the game, but I get tired of playing it and lose the interest very fast.

5 or more years since the game was released? My sims still haven't learned how to eat at a table and drink from their glass when eating. I mean, they do that... Umm time to time. Mine have an absolutely gorgeous patio. I wanted my married couple to eat and drink there together. The girl took a plate, stood by the wall and started to eat. The boy ate at the table. I tried to make her sit down, but she only did it when she ate 90% of her food. Next time she didn't take her food, it was on the line, but she was sitting with just a glass in order to drink the whole drink before she takes her plate. And when I canceled drinking to try again at the same time, she only put her glass when she drank the drink.

They simply don't listen to me and that stinks.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    MrSpaceman wrote: »
    You make me a little jealous if you think that the game is perfect the way it is. I wish I could say the same thing. I love the game, but I get tired of playing it and lose the interest very fast.

5 or more years since the game was released? My sims still haven't learned how to eat at a table and drink from their glass when eating. I mean, they do that... Umm time to time. Mine have an absolutely gorgeous patio. I wanted my married couple to eat and drink there together. The girl took a plate, stood by the wall and started to eat. The boy ate at the table. I tried to make her sit down, but she only did it when she ate 90% of her food. Next time she didn't take her food, it was on the line, but she was sitting with just a glass in order to drink the whole drink before she takes her plate. And when I canceled drinking to try again at the same time, she only put her glass when she drank the drink.

They simply don't listen to me and that stinks.

That how it was for me, no stay power for me as with Sims 2 and 3 (more for Sims 2) I would get out of the game and I was still thinking about the game and the fun I was having and a minute later I was back and I would play all day. Sims 4 I just can't do it as I see the limitations it has and for me there is no connection. Even with an upcoming pack I do not even get peps and for me that is good because If I want to get the pack I can patiently wait for an good sale as I could not with previvious versions as I know what I love. Being Sims 2 was the first 3D version, one could not say what it limitations was until the next version came out and it goes like that with any series. For me it was more noticeable after Sims 4 came out as to what it could do and not do.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I'll start off my saying for the most part I love this game and can get many many hours of enjoyment out of it.

HOWEVER. The emotions system annoys me because without mods it's unstable and all over the place. Yeah, I wish they would go in an improve it but I don't have total faith in that happening any time soon. It took them 5 years to add more door swatches and yet again with the newest pack you can't get everything to match up with other packs. Honestly sims team please just implement a set of basic swatches and wood tones for every asset then add the funky stuff. We would appreciate it! My solution to the emotions system is RoBurky Meaningful Stories and is an absolute must in my game. My other major problem is with sims lacking personality, it's improving over time with new traits which make sims feel different and I hope they can improve this aspect of the game. Also PolarBearSims Have Some Personality Please is another must for me.
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    i say no its too late cause sims 4 feels like its all about appearances, backgrounds and objects and not enough about actual gameplay. strangerville was a nice change for once, but what else is their really that we havent already had in sims 4. mermaids are pretty much water aliens with fish tails. now we get rebranding. again worrying about appearance and not gameplay. what good is a new look on a same old boring game. hey lets put lipstick on this pig. well, sorry to break it to ya, but its still a... nvm, you know the rest. funny thing is to me this appearance is a downgrade. the cover art is something i would expect for a grade school book cover designed to make little kids want to open the book and actually read. ok children, please pullout your get to work books and open up to page 10. if they havent done anything with emotions and traits by now (original main selling points for base game) i dont see why they would even bother at this point. ive been wishing for witches for ages, but im sure its gonna be another 2 days of oh boy this is fun! flash forward to day 3.... ok im bored, de ja vu.. this game still s**ks

its awesome all of the free content they have been giving via updates this year, but it all the content in the world will never make up for the lack of even somewhat interesting gameplay / customization options.

I'm sorry Maxis, you gave me some of the best years of my life with past generations of the series, and i really appreciate it, but sims 4 is a total letdown. i hope with sims 5 you can add the best of 2+3 to make it.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    No it’s to late
    The delusion is strong with some. The core problems are never going to be fixed because if they haven't by now, they won't be. All the company cares about, apparently, is appealing to a dumbed-down customer base that is easily distracted by shiny objects.
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I really appreciate the build/buy updates because I love building, but I would like to see some of the core mechanics of the game work better, like butlers, restaurants and toddlers. I also understand that as the game gets bigger it will grow more unwieldy in its functioning, and would look forward to fixes in this area.

I have a storyteller's imagination, so I have no problem with the emotions system, because a great deal of their emotional motivation is in my head anyway.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I don’t think anything needs to be fixed
    The game is what it is. Obviously, they want to fix bugs. But I don't expect - have never expected - them to drastically re-engineer base-game core functions.

Honestly, I think most things work just fine, with more subtlety and depth than many people credit.

I observe the interaction between personalities and traits, and how households play out totally differently based on the personalities in play. My "mildly disfunctional" household treat each other differently than my "criminals and delinquents" household, and both are very different from my "two good dads" household.

What I have lost hope in? This community of relentless nay-sayers. You all need to work on your appreciation skills, if you don't want a lifetime of disappointment. Not to mention loneliness.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Honestly, I don't think I've been playing the game for long enough to feel like emotions are lackluster. And having never played a previous iteration, I haven't felt once that Sims need more personality.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    No it’s to late
    https://youtu.be/cMTAUr3Nm6I?t=31
    Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    No it’s to late
    I believe its too late because its been so long. EA is known to not truly care about what us consumers want, they will do the opposite of what we want.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    No it’s to late
    Caelem wrote: »
    I believe its too late because its been so long. EA is known to not truly care about what us consumers want, they will do the opposite of what we want.

EA does whar EA wants. People need to stop giving money to this company.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    No it’s to late
    Renato10 wrote: »
    Caelem wrote: »

EA does whar EA wants. People need to stop giving money to this company.

Yeah, I think it's the only way they'll pay attention. It's such a shame too. Other publishers/game studios understand the kind of players each genre draws and develop their games accordingly. It's not rocket science. Why is the new leadership at EA so out of touch with us simmers??? Even their pretense of polling shows they're not reading the data produced from that.

I still buy stuff for TS3 and some other EA games that are good, but I won't put a penny into TS4. I really hope they will do a great job on TS5 and release it even if they are still producing packs for TS4. I've been waiting for almost 5 years!

• DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Hope about what? The game is great the way it is. :)
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    From all I've read, the game engine is part of the problem. EA's making plenty of money milking this particular cow (along with TS3, still), so there's no economic incentive to even try to fix the core issues. They've clearly budgeted all they're likely to towards beta-testing & bug-fixes, giving us a band-aid after every patch/pack, but somehow bringing back old bugs time and time again (plus new ones). That's not going to change.

Question is, would it change for a future TS5? ... I can hope, as it's my nature to do so, but I expect it'll be the same, next go-'round. I won't be buying anything from EA as soon as it comes out. I'll wait, not only for reviews by people who've played the game for some time, not only for sales, but also 'til after the bug reports have revealed how flawed the next game/engine is, & whether EA is devoting a more reasonable amount of resources towards fixing the bugs. Not expecting to see that...are you? :smile: Why would they bother, after all, when they're making millions/billions operating as they do now?

edit: typo
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    No it’s to late
    EA needs competition. The sims is the only successful life simulator out there. Since theres no competition they can do whatever they want without consequences because we have no other options. lack of competition has made them become lazy and careless.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    Honestly, I don't think I've been playing the game for long enough to feel like emotions are lackluster. And having never played a previous iteration, I haven't felt once that Sims need more personality.

It's because you don't know there is was steak when all you have been fed is cake. ETA: This is a joke, enjoy your game. But I feel emotionz are the worst thing about this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    https://youtu.be/cMTAUr3Nm6I?t=31
    Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jffl-ceZ2b4

Lol. Reminded me of this.

(also I clicked the wrong option in the survey, I meant to click the "no, it's too late")
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »

It's because you don't know there is was steak when all you have been fed is cake.

I would go pooh - I don't eat flesh. Never have and never would. So give me cake. But anyway as far as I am concerned I am quite content with the direction things are going - I love Island living, Witches/magic is coming - both big wants I had hoped for - now all I am hoping for is Uni and maybe other supernaturals we don't have yet and maybe a Into the future kind of pack with bots and servos. So yes - this is good cake - I am enjoying it a lot.

I am also not a brand dropper. I find a good brand that I like and stick with it. For me to change brands of anything it would have to be far above anything else I'd ever tried as i know the capabilities of the present brand after all many of this team has been working on Sims 2, 3 and 4 - but a new unknown - not likely. I trust the tried and true not to give me a rash or allergy attack - when it comes to brands. A brand new Indie game for their first trip out of the gate is almost never a good race to bet on. I have been gaming for a long, long time even before consoles - so I am not new to gaming for sure. I trust my own experience.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late

It's because you don't know there is was steak when all you have been fed is cake.

I would go pooh - I don't eat flesh. So give me cake. But anyway as far as I am concerned I am quite content with the direction things are going - I love Island living, Witches/magic is coming - both big wants I had hoped for - now all I am hoping for is Uni and maybe other supernaturals we don't have yet and maybe a Into the future kind of pack with bots and servos. So yes - this is good cake - I am enjoying it a lot.

It's hard for me to think you don't think anything at all needs fixed about TS4 as long as you and I have been buying and playing these games. That's fine but I have bucket full of things that should be changed. And one was the white, bright, loading screen, so yay for me I guess. :D
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    No it’s to late
    i do like a lot of what they have done recently and i think they are making progress, but no i don't think this issue will ever be fixed. it doesn't seem possible tbh.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

edited July 2019
    Tiarella wrote: »
    From all I've read, the game engine is part of the problem. EA's making plenty of money milking this particular cow (along with TS3, still), so there's no economic incentive to even try to fix the core issues. They've clearly budgeted all they're likely to towards beta-testing & bug-fixes, giving us a band-aid after every patch/pack, but somehow bringing back old bugs time and time again (plus new ones). That's not going to change.

Question is, would it change for a future TS5? ... I can hope, as it's my nature to do so, but I expect it'll be the same, next go-'round. I won't be buying anything from EA as soon as it comes out. I'll wait, not only for reviews by people who've played the game for some time, not only for sales, but also 'til after the bug reports have revealed how flawed the next game/engine is, & whether EA is devoting a more reasonable amount of resources towards fixing the bugs. Not expecting to see that...are you? :smile: Why would they bother, after all, when they're making millions/billions operating as they do now?

edit: typo

I'd like to know where you have read all this information on that game engine because i have searched the web since 2014 on the Smart Technology Game Engine to find info about this game engine - high and low and believe me there is very little information about that game engine to be found - outside of players coming down on it all the time - technical info and true info is nil. I know Popular Mechanics did a small review on the game engine back in 2014 before the game came out and gave it raving reviews - but other than that - no one knows much about it. So if you have technical info would love to read it as I am quite technical and well informed when it comes to game engines.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    No it’s to late
    @Writin_Reg - oddly, I'm fairly sure it was some of your posts (particularly after GF) that taught me about the game engine. It could've been someone else, but they were talking about info rec'd from investors' meetings or some such, about how the engine was supposed to be sort of capable of 'learning,' & then more about how it was designed for online games, not ...this. Sorry to disappoint you about having a source--you're my source! :lol: Apologies if I remembered your comments incorrectly...& if I ascribed someone else's posts to you. :smile:
    edited July 2019
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg - oddly, I'm fairly sure it was some of your posts (particularly after GF) that taught me about the game engine. It could've been someone else, but they were talking about info rec'd from investors' meetings or some such, about how the engine was supposed to be sort of capable of 'learning,' & then more about how it was designed for online games, not ...this. Sorry to disappoint you about having a source--you're my source! :lol: Apologies if I remembered your comments incorrectly...& if I ascribed someone else's posts to you. :smile:

Okay - I am ever hoping there is more info out there about that engine. I also learned it was not the same engine used in the online game from posts of the team that worked on the online version. They said that engine was striped and basically just the interface from that engine was added to this one - so even that old info changed since I first read about it.

I still feel the biggest problem of this engine was the learning curve involved in using it - but that is just a thought I have and nothing anyone has said directly.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2019

I would go pooh - I don't eat flesh. So give me cake. But anyway as far as I am concerned I am quite content with the direction things are going - I love Island living, Witches/magic is coming - both big wants I had hoped for - now all I am hoping for is Uni and maybe other supernaturals we don't have yet and maybe a Into the future kind of pack with bots and servos. So yes - this is good cake - I am enjoying it a lot.

It's hard for me to think you don't think anything at all needs fixed about TS4 as long as you and I have been buying and playing these games. That's fine but I have bucket full of things that should be changed. And one was the white, bright, loading screen, so yay for me I guess. :D

I don't like the white loading screens but they take 12 seconds at most for my machine - hardly more than a blink and has little to do with losing hope over game play. I enjoy the game play NOW and look forward to what's to come in Realm of Magic. I wish the heck they'd reduced the whiteness of this forum more than anything that's in the game -

In dreams - I LIVE!