Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOMEBODY TO LOVE ~ BACHELOR IN PARADISE- ON HIATUS

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Here's my contestant for the contest. I apologize for taking so long to get her submitted. I'll PM you with the additional questions later today. Good luck to everyone, this is going to be so fun! <3
    Coral Reeves

- Erratic
    - Playful
    - Loves Outdoors

fXKaoDl.png

Background:

Coral claimed a tiny island near Sulani as a sanctuary after her entire pod was wiped out by a rogue whale. It happened during a routine hunt for fish. Most of the other creatures of the deep around where Coral was born knew the area they were hunting was ancestral grounds for her family and respectfully avoided hunting there themselves.

Most Merfolk don't eat fish. Coral's family was believed to be the last of a long line of Merfolk who did. One whale felt it wasn't fair for these upstart Merfolk to have exclusive rights to such a choice area and decided to forcefully claim it for himself.

She and her family had fought valiantly, but it was no use. The only reason Coral survived is because the whale thought she was already dead. He'd flung her against a coral reef and she'd been knocked unconscious. She later awoke to find her entire family; Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, her Mother, Father, twin sisters and little brother had all been killed.

Coral went crazy afterward when the whale wasn't punished by Poseidon, who is The Supreme Leader and head Authority of the Ocean. Poseidon ruled Coral's family shouldn't have been hunting for fish anyway since, realistically, fish are friends, relatives, not food for Merfolk.

She had questioned his judgement asking why only now after HER family was killed, why didn't he disallow it centuries ago? Rather than argue with her, Poseidon decided to leave the final judgement up to the other Merfolk. Did they feel the whale should be punished? Did they believe it was permissible to eat fish? Did they agree to let Coral and any of her future family hunt for fish?

One by one every Merfolk, including her best friend, Lailani, betrayed Coral and agreed with Poseidon. Poseidon ordered the whale would not be punished and Coral could not eat fish anymore. If she was caught doing so, she would be banished from the area, forever.

Incredibly hurt and sick at heart that her own kind would turn on her so easily, Coral screamed out calling them all cowards and left in tears. She swam and swam thousands of miles away, trying to put distance between the traitorous Merfolk and herself until she was exhausted. She'd crawled up on the island where she now lived and vowed never to return to the Ocean again.

It had proved to be an exercise in futility. She was born in the ocean, lived, breathed and loved in the Ocean. It was her true home and always would be. She couldn't deny or ever forget her heritage. She's mostly acclimated to terra firma though and the humans who live there.

She DOES still fish, defying Poseidon's orders, but these days she uses what human's call a fishing pole, spears and traps. Coral doesn't eat fish though, she sells her catch along with seashells and treasure to survive. She's made a few friends, a couple closer than others. None of them know her true being. These humans attribute her odd & erratic behavior to loneliness.

Coral has had a couple relationships with human men, but nothing serious. Thinking they were doing her a great favor since they had grown to love Coral and wanted her to be happy, two of her closest human friends entered her in The Bachelor contest in hopes she'd finally find someone to love and perhaps her odd, erratic behavior would stop. At first, Coral thought the acceptance letter was a joke. But when she learned it was real, she decided, meh, could be good for a laugh or two. He Heeeee Eeeeee Eeeee
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Karababy52 - Oh, I just love Coral Reeves (lol love the pun there), and her backstory. I just hope there's no whale wallpaper in that house!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I updated my submission page to include missing content. Let me know if you need anything else!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    Updated Octavia's bio with what you needed as well as expanded on a few parts I already had in there.
    Lemme know if I need to go more in depth! :>
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Karababy52 - Oh, I just love Coral Reeves (lol love the pun there), and her backstory. I just hope there's no whale wallpaper in that house!

Thank you, I had a lot of fun creating her and her story. I don't think the whale wallpaper, if there is any, would bother her. She knows most humans like whales. They're just clueless beings that have no idea of their true nature. lol I think she'd probably be disappointed more than anything that The Bachelor would seemingly like whales. Being 'erratic' though she 'might' lose her cool and start ranting at the wall, who knows! *shrugs* ;)
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I updated Merinda's details with the new Questions & answers!
    ~ Wow it is getting close & we have so many interesting ladies for the Bachelor! And they are all so pretty too!♥ <3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I'm worried that we have so many contestants. The likelyhood that any one sim will get in is less than half.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Irishsong wrote: »
    I'm worried that we have so many contestants. The likelyhood that any one sim will get in is less than half.

This is true! :#:'(:scream:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

OH NO.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Ah yes .... there are many contestants. But by sharing here we can bring attention to our Sims. :)
    I know I now have a new batch of lovely ladies to add to my game :wink:
    Right ^^ I'm always looking for sims to put in my worlds that are actually dressed well haha
    Some of these lovely gals I've already downloaded!
    edited July 2019
    I'm worried that we have so many contestants. The likelihood that any one sim will get in is less than half.

@irishsong - no worries there...you know the producers told me that it's been known to happen, but....shhhh....sometimes there are "computer glitches" and somehow instead of just seven contestants, all the contestants are eligible. I guess that would mean that the producers would need to get another house so everyone has somewhere to stay. But you know, that's just what I heard.... :):wink:
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Addendum: Sorry, should have tagged everyone for this.

Good morning simmers. For those who have submitted a sim for the Casting Call, if you have not already done so, please add the following for background info. I really use the background info you provide for my story. Please send me a private message on these answers, if not already in their bio.

[*] Raven Xang @VanPelt81
    [*] Naomi Mahina @Nerdfashion
    [*] Dolores Braithwaite @KatNip (need her uploaded in the gallery, please)
    [*] Tabitha Waldron @GGgkkg
    [*] Brianna Hammond @pammiechick
    [*] Lara McGowan @Irishsong
    [*] Isla Waters @HillyBeth
    [*] Miriam Epp @lisabee2
    [*] Kyra Kealohi @Tirananiel
    [*] Merinda Paewai @aussiekarima
    [*] Desiree Avalon @lulu4229
    [*] Janay Willians @Scarlly29
    [*] Octavia Dillon @SummerStreak
    [*] Naomi (Nami) Chuu @ItsYukiMe
    [*] Hokulani Kalua @Blaze_Bard
    [*] Cinnamon Apple @EuphorialQueen - already done-thanks :)
    [*] Coral Reeves @Karababy52 [*]

- Where in the sim world are you from? Could be any world in Sims 4, Sims 3, made-up world, etc. to fit with your character
    - Does your sim have a family? Brothers, sisters, raised by wolves...that sort of thing.
    - Does your sim have any likes/dislikes?
    - What is one question you would like to ask our bachelor?

Thanks so much :)

Updated Raven's bio to include answers to the questions >:)
    @VanPelt81 - thanks so much! She has a great background and saw you had updated. :)
    edited July 2019
    Good morning simmers! Thought I would post this today for more intrigue. Enjoy! Comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

Somebody To Love: Bachelor In Paradise - Interview With The Bachelor ~ Part 3

catch-the-fish.png
    @EuphorialQueen - thank you. I thought it was a nice shot myself :)
    Ooo,
    a sea witch! How intriguing. And beautiful. A bit of outside competition and an evil twist.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    That plot twist!! I’m so excited for more already haha. Especially with the fact that a lot of the contestants are mermaids, I wonder how they’ll react to this sea witch/siren?

That plot twist!! I’m so excited for more already haha. Especially with the fact that a lot of the contestants are mermaids, I wonder how they’ll react to this sea witch/siren?
    it would be funny if they were all her henchmen and got him to the cause, leaving the mundanes to fight them off
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    it would be funny if they were all her henchmen and got him to the cause, leaving the mundanes to fight them off
    You know, I almost made Naomi a siren. But she didn't look good with green or pink skin, so I just left her a mermaid.
    funny-gifs20.gif

You know, I almost made Naomi a siren. But she didn't look good with green or pink skin, so I just left her a mermaid.
    LOL yeah. Plot twist: all the mermaids siren-ed themselves into the cast in order to help this one siren. Gotta help a sister out sometimes, y'know? Ultimate wing-women. (Would it be tail-women?? hm)

Pshh, she could totally still be a siren without pink or green skin. They're supposed to be attractive initially to lure people in, right? I would be more freaked out than allured if I saw a pink/green lady chilling in the water haha.
    edited July 2019
    Oh, I was looking at all the spoilers and am laughing here in rl. Too funny. I was playtesting Rick and some of the contestants in another save and thought I would share this with you.

So, Rick has 17 lovely contestants vying for his affection, a sea witch, and then this happened! I almost fell off my chair laughing. Rick is in demand EVERYWHERE! lol Luckily he was in a full house, or else... Oh, my word! This is a first-person view pic. I have only had one other alien abduction in all the years I have been playing Sims 4, so this was so unexpected.

omg-someone-just-got-abducted.png