Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOMEBODY TO LOVE ~ BACHELOR IN PARADISE- ON HIATUS

Comments

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @PrincessNevaMor5, @pammiechick, @Blaze_Bard, @Nerdfashion, @Irishsong, @HillyBeth, @VanPelt81, @ItsYukiMe, @SummerStreak, @Eliveva, @aussiekarima, @Scarlly29, @kittymeow, @lisabee2, @Tirananiel, @Karababy52, @GGgkkg @AdamsEve1231@Glimmer50 @MonaSolstraale @LegacySims2017

Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank everyone for sticking with me for this challenge. There are 2 more dates to go, and then there is a Reader Elimination Vote, where 3 contestants will be heading home. I figure that this should all be wrapped up with the Finale at the end of January. Sorry, can't do it any sooner with the holidays approaching. But that means, that when they head off on their overnight get-aways, I will have the Snowy Escape Pack (I'm getting it for Christmas). Woot! So, the final 3 contestants will have get-aways with Rick, with one heading to Granite Falls, one to Selvadorada and one to Mt. Komorebi. I am pretty excited about that. :)

This sounds like a cool way to have the final 3. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @VanPelt81 - Thank you for reading and commenting. I am looking forward to this as well :)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @SoulGal7
    Hmm, have you checked EA Answers HQ to see if there's a bug report for that? Perhaps you're not the only one with the relationship status getting stuck. If so, hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch coming on December 8th. 🤞

Sooo many gorgeous builds on the Gallery made with Snowy Escape assets! If you do decide to send all three to Mt. Komorebi, I'm sure there are enough activities to do there to make each date unique. Granite Falls gets a bad rep in my opinion, OR is one of my favorite packs! Plus, I think Selvadorada is the second most beautiful world in the game, next to Sulani. Whatever you ultimately decide, I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time wherever they may go. Being with the one you love is all that matters. <3
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @SoulGal7
    Hmm, have you checked EA Answers HQ to see if there's a bug report for that? Perhaps you're not the only one with the relationship status getting stuck. If so, hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch coming on December 8th. 🤞

Sooo many gorgeous builds on the Gallery made with Snowy Escape assets! If you do decide to send all three to Mt. Komorebi, I'm sure there are enough activities to do there to make each date unique. Granite Falls gets a bad rep in my opinion, OR is one of my favorite packs! Plus, I think Selvadorada is the second most beautiful world in the game, next to Sulani. Whatever you ultimately decide, I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time wherever they may go. Being with the one you love is all that matters. <3

@Karababy52 - Hi, thanks for the help with the glitch, and yes, checked for bugs reported, deleted files, and repaired my game, and nothing worked. She is just stuck in the past, I guess. lol And I totally agree with all the gorgeous builds for Mt. Komorebi on the gallery. Downloading new ones everyday to look at when the pack is released. Both Granite Falls and Selvadorada have gorgeous scenery. I love all the packs really, except maybe a bit disappointed with Del Sol Valley as there aren't enough lots to build on.
  • Options
    @PrincessNevaMor5, @pammiechick, @Blaze_Bard, @Nerdfashion, @Irishsong, @HillyBeth, @VanPelt81, @ItsYukiMe, @SummerStreak, @Eliveva, @aussiekarima, @Scarlly29, @kittymeow, @lisabee2, @Tirananiel, @Karababy52, @GGgkkg @AdamsEve1231@Glimmer50 @MonaSolstraale @LegacySims2017

Good morning simmers! A new chapter is up! Today, Rick heads out on his Solo Date with Nami Chuu. And believe me, when I say, this is some date! Comments and suggestions are always appreciated. Enjoy!

Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Solo Date-A-Thon - Date With Nami

heading-off-on-their-adventure.png
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Well, darn. Have you tried doing a reset of your TS4 folder? It might help. Here's instructions on how to do that if you don't know how.

Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling

Agreed about Del Sol Valley. It 'looks' huge, but the useable areas are so small. I rarely ever have Sims live there, only one Sim and one family, ever.

Comments on Nami's Solo Date:
    Wow! Another 'hot' date, eh? :D What a fun coincidence you get your first volcanic eruption when Rick & Nami are on their date. Loved the story Nami told of peering through a telescope to see her home planet when she was a child. So sweet how she showed Rick how to find it. And, we got to see that heavenly look again when Rick kissed her. Great chapter and I love the Volcano Observatory, very cool! Only one more solo date now! Sitting on pins and needles waiting to see how Coral's date with Rick goes. I hope it goes well. o.O

Have a great week ahead! <3
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @Karababy52 - Thanks for trying to help me with this, but I am not very computer literate and don't have an external hard drive or anything. I will just have to deal with it. As long as Octavia got her first kiss in and they are able to do romantic actions together, that is all that counts. I am currently working on Coral's date and hope to have it up by this coming weekend! I am pretty excited about it myself :)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Looking forward to Coral's date!

Since she's one of my sim's mamas, I can't help but root for her! B)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Rick's date with Nami was definitely some date.
    I do like the foreboding feeling Rick had towards the blood moon photograph. Perhaps some foreshadowing maybe?
  • Options
    @pammiechick - Coral is one of your sim's mamas? Is she in one of your stories? So cool!

@VanPelt81 -
    Yes, foreshadowing it is! lol The blood moon is coming soon...it's like that song..."Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2020
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @pammiechick - Coral is one of your sim's mamas? Is she in one of your stories? So cool!

Coral is the mom of Kove who is in Queenerella's bachelorette challenge atm! Kove is my sim mer-baby. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 You don't need an external hard drive or anything, just drag the entire Sims 4 folder to your desktop. But no matter, I understand. I know just enough techie stuff to be dangerous myself. :D One reason why I play vanilla. Had loads of Mods/CC, even made some of my own since it was so easy in TS2. But, they ruined my game because I didn't know what I was doing. o.O Anyway, as long as it doesn't seem to matter, then I guess I wouldn't worry about it either. :) So, so excited too for Coral's date! *dances a jig* <3

@pammiechick Still makes me smile so big whenever I remember about how you used Coral for Kove's Mom! Kove is such a sweet Sim mer-baby! And handsome! Good luck, I hope he (and Tom, of course) goes far in Queenie's contest! 🤞

• Options

Good evening simmers!
    Sorry this is a bit late, as I was busy shopping and wrapping packages to mail this past weekend. However, a new chapter is up. It's Rick's final Solo Date, and this morning it's with Coral Reeves. Let's see what's planned for this date!

This will mark the final Solo Date from the Solo Date Challenge, and the afternoon will feature a Group Outing. As Brianna's date was before the patch and Sentiments were introduced, I will have Rick spend an hour one-on-one time with her prior to the Group Outing. But for now, let's see what happens on Rick and Coral's date!

Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Solo Date-A-Thon - Solo Date With Coral

rick-and-coral-travel-in-water-together.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Coral's solo date with Rick is giving me vibes of The Little Mermaid. Perhaps it's the cavern of discarded human treasures. Now all that is left is for Coral to use a fork to brush her hair because a birdbrained seagull told her to.
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 So worth the wait!!! Oh my gosh... Okay, I'm going to give you the biggest compliment that in my opinion a writer can ever receive, you made me cry!
    Yes, I'm silly, yes, I'm a hopeful romantic, but that was just the perfect date for Rick and Coral! She took him home! The way he trusted her to help him breath underwater, holding hands that way, the TWO kisses, all those treasures in her underwater cave home, her bed, the pictures! I need that lot now. :D It makes the lot I decorated for her look pathetic next to that! Incredible!

I love that she swam in her mermaid form to both destinations too. The pure joy on their faces when they were swinging was so sweet to see as well. I also love that she's helping him design the new guest bathroom because it needs a bathtub. Rick was so cute with his cheeky question about it too. :p

All that teared me up, but the part that made the tears spill for real was her telling Rick the story of how she wanted to be human, and then realizing after she'd talked to Rick how the fact she's a mermaid is very special and she didn't need to change herself to be loved. I apologize for gushing so much, but I just absolutely loved their date, it was so, so Coral and how I've imagined her. I love the voice you've given her. I can't thank you enough. Even if in the end she doesn't win, it's all been wonderful and helped me get to know my own Sim even better. Thank you!

You saved the best for last! \o/ Okay, okay, I'm biased, of course, but oh well. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Have a great rest of your week! <3
  • Options
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Coral's solo date with Rick is giving me vibes of The Little Mermaid. Perhaps it's the cavern of discarded human treasures. Now all that is left is for Coral to use a fork to brush her hair because a birdbrained seagull told her to.

@VanPelt81 - When I saw that build, it was perfect for this chapter, and the funny thing is, on the floor where Rick is looking, there is a huge wooden fork that came with the build. I am glad you enjoyed this!
    I wanted all the dates to be on Mua Pel'am, and I had already covered the secret cave in another chapter. I actually re-read Coral's bio that was submitted, and read the lines "She swam and swam thousands of miles away, trying to put distance between the traitorous Merfolk and herself until she was exhausted. She'd crawled up on the island where she now lived and vowed never to return to the Ocean again." Coral also likes to explore underwater caves. So, I thought...what if she lives on an island surrounding Sulani? So, I started to look for underwater builds in the gallery and saw this one, and it just clicked. Coral's new home would be an underwater cave. It does have The Little Mermaid vibes, and that's why I loved it so much :)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    BATHTUB-CORAL.png

Karababy52 wrote: »
    @SoulGal7 So worth the wait!!! Oh my gosh... Okay, I'm going to give you the biggest compliment that in my opinion a writer can ever receive, you made me cry!
    Yes, I'm silly, yes, I'm a hopeful romantic, but that was just the perfect date for Rick and Coral! She took him home! The way he trusted her to help him breath underwater, holding hands that way, the TWO kisses, all those treasures in her underwater cave home, her bed, the pictures! I need that lot now. :D It makes the lot I decorated for her look pathetic next to that! Incredible!

I love that she swam in her mermaid form to both destinations too. The pure joy on their faces when they were swinging was so sweet to see as well. I also love that she's helping him design the new guest bathroom because it needs a bathtub. Rick was so cute with his cheeky question about it too. :p

All that teared me up, but the part that made the tears spill for real was her telling Rick the story of how she wanted to be human, and then realizing after she'd talked to Rick how the fact she's a mermaid is very special and she didn't need to change herself to be loved. I apologize for gushing so much, but I just absolutely loved their date, it was so, so Coral and how I've imagined her. I love the voice you've given her. I can't thank you enough. Even if in the end she doesn't win, it's all been wonderful and helped me get to know my own Sim even better. Thank you!

You saved the best for last! \o/ Okay, okay, I'm biased, of course, but oh well. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Have a great rest of your week! <3

@Karababy52 - I am so very happy that you enjoyed this chapter. Being the last Solo Date actually made it harder. I wanted all the dates to be on Mua Pel'am and thought long and hard on where they would go for their date.
    Because Coral had used her 'mermaid' powers on another date, and does unpredictable things, I felt that she would want to take Rick to her underwater home. She would turn things around and ask HIM on a date. lol The first human sim she would bring there...because, hey...she's in love with the guy. Right? And, so using more 'mermaid' powers, she helped him to swim underwater. That shot of them is on the water above the cave, and it was pure luck that I got that shot. It almost looks like they are holding hands in that screenie, and it reminded me of the movie Splash, at the end, when Allen decides to be with Madison, and they hold hands swimming underwater together. The whole part of her collecting things because she wanted to be human, came from the bio, too, because she had vowed to never return to the ocean. She wanted to be so accepted in Sulani that she even went on a search for the mythical mermadic kelp. But, alas, she couldn't find it, and so she remains a mermaid. I think Coral doesn't want to be different anymore because she was different is her home world and look what happened there. So, a new start on a new island, she so desperately wanted to fit in there. But she was still stuck in the past, as a mermaid, and then realizes, (finally) after Rick tells her how amazing she is, that she understands that he would accept her whether she was a human or a mermaid. It didn't matter to him, because he still cared for her. That was kind of deep! lol As you may have guessed, I had each contestant give suggestions for a different room in the beach house that Rick is designing, based on their traits, background, etc. The idea of Coral giving suggestions for the bathroom came quite unexpectedly, as when she and Rick were in her cave, she autonomously decided to take a bath! I am really happy how this chapter turned out because they get along so well together. I am glad you enjoyed it, gushing and waterworks and all :) *Hugs to you*
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Good evening simmers! A new chapter is up. Rick takes the contestants on a Group Outing. There is also a very important READER VOTE at the end of this chapter. Vote for the 3 contestants who you want to STAY in the competition. This is going to be a tough vote! Deadline is December 24, 2020 at midnight. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Enjoy & VOTE!

The reason I am doing this Reader Vote is because I have really grown attached to these contestants. It is really hard to think of any of them leaving and I wish they could all stay. So that is why I have to leave the decision in the hands of the readers. This is a really hard vote.

AND-THEY-HAVE-ARRIVED-AT-ADMIRALS-POINT.png

Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Group Outing & READER VOTE
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited December 2020
    @SoulGal7
    Raven slapping Rick was priceless. Has these girls ever watched a show of Bachelor or Bachelorette? :lol: There's one who will purposely do something to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off the other contestants, even if it's doing that something with the bachelor(ette). Sims are more forgiving. Reality is the others would get their sweet revenge. :grimace:

bk-desktop-100-vote-v1_mid.jpg?w=500
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It's been a while since I've commented, but I do want to say that looking at the relationships between all the sims, it was very easy for me to choose.
    There shall be no competition.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ItsYukiMeItsYukiMe Posts: 71 Member
    AHHHHHH I cannot believe how close this is getting! I look forward to every chapter and can't wait to see where these Sims relationships take them....even if I'm a teensy bit biased on one sim in particular :D
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I voted.

As for the latest chapter...
    Was afraid that the jealousy caused by some kissing on this group date would lead to a moment like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AphxyjrH4SE :D Didn't expect Rick to get this treatment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbzfzfcuV2k
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Voted!
    That last chapter was a doozy! Wow! I'm floored Rick kissed Coral autonomously in front of Naomi! :o Then she yelled at Coral about it? Why not Rick? Oh well, I'm just glad Rick tried to get them to start talking to each other again. I can't believe Coral's the only one that missed Nami kissing Rick, that's a good thing though and it's good none of the relationships between Rick and the ladies were affected. Very surprising considering Raven slapped Rick's face. o.O I think this was one of the most dramatic chapters ever in the challenge.

Great idea having them have a group outing to clean up the island. It worked too! Fantastic! I'm sad that so many have to leave this time. :( I actually struggled voting. I thought it would be a clear choice for me, but in the end it wasn't. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    @Karababy52 - Yes, the last chapter was a doozy! All those autonomous actions going on, it was wild.
    And, yes, I thought it was funny that Naomi got upset with Coral, or maybe it was really Rick and it was lag in the game and it looked like she was mad at Coral, however when she saw Nami kiss Rick, that horrible Doomed Relationship moodlet came up. Ugh! lol And Raven slapping Rick...oh my gosh...I thought for sure their relationship was headed downwards. Luckily, they had a high relationship but I think she lost a bit of pink. I am almost afraid to put this group together for the Rose Ceremony because I don't know what's going to happen with these autonomous actions. There seems to be more autonomous romantic actions now than before, so it's rather crazy. Yes, Coral was doing her own thing chasing birds so never saw what happened. At least one sim was safe from the drifting love or other moodlets that came up, aside from Nami. There was actually no interaction that came up to "apologize", I just had Rick do friendly interactions with a particular sim. But, oh my gosh, all those sad faces.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @VanPelt81 - Raven surprised me in the last chapter.
    I didn't know she was going to slap poor Rick...and look at Rick's face...poor guy looked like he was in shock. lol And afterward, Raven had this huge smile on her face - that was wild! I think Raven has a hidden mischief trait. And here everyone was upset with Nami giving Rick a kiss on the cheek, and then I remembered what happened at the last Rose Ceremony when Raven autonomously kissed Rick's hands and all the other contestants were upset. Crazy group times now. I was actually worried about how this would affect the sentiments, but it looks like everything is okay between them- thank goodness.