Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Island Living?

xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
State why you chose your answer in the comments.
image0.gif
Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
Come try a Mafia Game!

What do you think of Island Living? 269 votes

I love it! I’m going to buy it the day it releases.
55%
Akl500Pauroraael14KamioicmnfrshJaseLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatNighteyesIceyJxbecky685xmagooo63rudolphaPlayerSinger2010danacnbrettMi9shaoscarAlrynnmcruddIsb917TonjeHAlainar415 148 votes
I like it!
27%
catmom1987IcewolfJaline33alan650111BlkBarbiegalaelias24SabrosaEvilWitch83SimburianIrdiwenAnmirlaCherryrose_xMariefoxprice83SerraNolwenloubylouloualanmichael1goodcakebaker62barracuda1574BluelleMindofy 73 votes
I’m fine with it.
11%
Nh6650Bronwin2Cabelle1863lisamwittSimpatsyannCynnaaecollins21wamayeliJACKIEJOY12JEREMIACheekybitsBlueSeaWaveshalloweenchildMoonCrossWarrior22SiomneTrimothBrittanyChick22ChadSims2lyraBamajam 31 votes
Meh.
4%
CK213overonKniga_SitaraRIP-Troika-Gameskinot9229TechbiltAinedoedearshnailehAeren90EmmyGeeYouListentoToppDogg 13 votes
I don’t really like it that much.
0%
jaymancrazMizzSammii3 2 votes
I dislike it!
0%
I hate it! I don’t think I will ever buy it.
0%
Mikado-chanRae357 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I’m fine with it.
    I'm OK with, if I want my money back from them, now!
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Not actually since I will be traveling but you can bet the minute I get back on the 24th I’ll be downloading 😆. I’m very excited this looks like a fantastic pack full of new things to do with our sims.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Much better than I thought it would be!
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am liking what I have seen so far and been asking for a beach world and mermaids forever. If I don't pre-order it, I will try to get it on the release date or as soon as possible. I was worried it would be a vacation world and not one we could live in at first, so I am glad it isn't a vacation world.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m fine with it.
    Its a decent pack but just not enough group activities for me it would have been perfect had they just added beach volleyball and surfing instead of their great idea of picking up trash in a ever changing world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I like it!
    Disappointed a bit about stuff not there that even Sims 3 Island Paradise had. Like pool slides, bars, waterfalls, Kraken, hidden islands, house boats, underwater scuba diving, resorts, and more. But I had such low expectations I expected nothing but Sims 4 Oasis Springs with palm trees and 3 lots. That's how badly I was not expecting things. Then I saw the trailer and was shocked. SimsVIP has plenty of info go there to get news on Sims stuff by the way. Did preorder it.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited June 2019
    Meh.
    It looks okay. Edit: I meant to click "I'm fine with it" instead of "meh".
    Post edited by ListentoToppDogg on
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I won't buy it the day it releases, more likely as soon as I can. I'm leaving for three weeks on Friday, so I won't be able to on June 21st.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    While I had some mild disappointments (particularly the rabbit holes for diving and lifeguard career), I am still loving what I’ve been seeing in the video gameplay and screenshots. :smile:

I’m very excited to play mermaids and sirens, and see the dolphins! :smiley::love:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Meh.
    Map look great, fun with water is nice. But other? No divine, mermaids do not live underwater, no hotels... what is the wow efect? what is new?
    very, very recycle...
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    Disappointed a bit about stuff not there that even Sims 3 Island Paradise had. Like pool slides, bars, waterfalls, Kraken, hidden islands, house boats, underwater scuba diving, resorts, and more. But I had such low expectations I expected nothing but Sims 4 Oasis Springs with palm trees and 3 lots. That's how badly I was not expecting things. Then I saw the trailer and was shocked. SimsVIP has plenty of info go there to get news on Sims stuff by the way. Did preorder it.
    There is waterfalls though.

image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I like it!
    I really like the look of it at the moment. I am still not sure whether I will buy straight away. I will watch a review first.
    I had TS3 Island Paradise; the lagging and crashing has made me relunctant to 'dive' straight in with this one.
    If I can wait until a sale, I'll be proud, but I really just need to see what others think first.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Morning Simmers! i'm looking forward to making island living one of my new worlds to live in! then i can invite my family and friends to play and relax! Great job all of you at ea play :)<3
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I’m fine with it.
    I'm fine with it, I will buy it but I really wish there was some sort of hotel system. I really don't want my sims to live there. Or they need to implement a true rent or buy house/home system and maybe some minor pets like birds. I'm a bit disappointed about the lifeguard career being a rabbit hole but other then those 3 points I'm fine with everything else.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I'm really hoping for a farming pack next! with lots of gameplay, then an amusement park theme pack would be awesome :p
  • Options
    PeonymoonPeonymoon Posts: 17 Member
    I like it!
    > @Patrice said:
    > I'm really hoping for a farming pack next! with lots of gameplay, then an amusement park theme pack would be awesome ::pensive:

Ye! zoo or farm pack to us 2019!!!!! U have amazing ideas!!!!!!!! Amusement park theme pack is also very good idea! :) or circus or carnival.
  • Options
    I like it!
    > @Cheekybits said:
    > I'm fine with it, I will buy it but I really wish there was some sort of hotel system. I really don't want my sims to live there. Or they need to implement a true rent or buy house/home system and maybe some minor pets like birds. I'm a bit disappointed about the lifeguard career being a rabbit hole but other then those 3 points I'm fine with everything else.

I agree! where is the sharks!!! :-o also give us back view under the water!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I like it!
    > @Kniga_Sitara said:
    > Map look great, fun with water is nice. But other? No divine, mermaids do not live underwater, no hotels... what is the wow efect? what is new?
    > very, very recycle...

There is mermaids :) don't worry i wouldn't the packet, if there would not have mermaid. all the others... it's sad.. but i have to say is one of the better ones we have got, not like strangeville! i mean who had that idea :D ????
  • Options
    I like it!
    > @Peonymoon said:
    > > @Kniga_Sitara said:
    > > Map look great, fun with water is nice. But other? No divine, mermaids do not live underwater, no hotels... what is the wow efect? what is new?
    > > very, very recycle...
    >
    > There is mermaids :) don't worry i wouldn't buy the packet, if there would not have mermaid. all the others... it's sad.. but i have to say is one of the better ones we have got, not like strangeville! i mean who had that idea :D ????
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I loved it when the trailer first came out and on ea play, but I guess it just seems the excitement is wearing off after a while which is understandable. I’m sure I’ll be just as excited when the actual pack releases as I was when the trailer came out if not more excited. At least, I’m hoping to be...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Love it. This pack has a lot of things I've been asking for including swimming in the sea and the icing on the cake is the interactive waterfall.
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Meh.
    I'm just kind of meh about it. I'm waiting to see if there is anything more to do than what I've seen, so I'll wait to decide after LP's of the pack start being released on Youtube.
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I wasn't fussed about it when I heard about the rumours but my mind has been completely changed after watching the stream and seeing videos from E3, and I'm very excited for it. The world looks beautiful, CAS and build/buy looks stunning as well, and I love that you can be a conservationist. Not sure how much I'll use mermaids as I don't play vampires that much, but I've already thought of a few storylines I'd like to play.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I like it!
    I like it a lot. I just wish there was at least one lot rentable (just like in JA and OR). I am going to get it on a sale though since this game costs a fortune in my country.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I like it a lot. I just wish there was at least one lot rentable (just like in JA and OR). I am going to get it on a sale though since this game costs a fortune in my country.
    @DoloresGrey How much does it cost for you?
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!