Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you put “rules” on yourself?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I have few “rules” in my game
    I don't have many rules in The Sims 4. I'm still a frequent Sims 2 player and that one is full of rules for me. I did take over some. I don't alter my sims appearances. I don't touch their facial features at all and mostly I let them keep whatever they grow up in since in my mind they 'chose' the outfits (and hairstyle, if the colour matches what it was before) themselves.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have a few main rules:

1. No cheats, except if I need it to fix a bug, etc.
    2. No changing physical appearance of a Sim.
    3. No creating spouses yourself, they must be a game generated.
    4. All traits must be randomized.
    5. No making money by selling gems, rocks, fossils, etc. (makes the game too easy).
    6. Sims can move, but the lot must be 64 x 64 in size.
    7. When moving, only collectibles, objects gained from careers or created by your Sims (e.g. paintings) can be taken with you.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Only sims that pass a certain criteria shall go to university. What that criteria is, I've no idea at the moment but I'm working on it. I'm thinking, perhaps the traits that create emotional moodlets like active, genius, creative...?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    My few rules would be how I do the university rotationally.
    When I first enroll my sims to university, they have to go through 3 classes. Then they reenroll into 1 class and I rotate away for a week or more. When I come back, they'll have to do 4 classes. After that, 1 and I rotate away. When I rotate back, they finally have to go through 3 (or 4) courses.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I play legacies and I have just one "rule" that says that I need to make every sim kind of different. So... different aspiration, different job, different... made up backstory because there is no story elements in TS4. My rule is to try to make sims different.. if that makes sense. TS4 sims have no personalities so it's hard to make them stand out from each other.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have lots of “rules” for myself
    I feel as though my game play rules are constantly changing and evolving and I like that I like that the game can inspire that kind of creativity for me :)

One rule I desperately need to change is my "favorite colour" rule. I always always make Sims wear one colour as it reflects their taste but I'm like... I love orange but I don't only wear orange shirts or pants xD. I need to branch out more with design and colour choices
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I have no “rules” in my game, duh!
    I probably shouldve chose the last option the more I think about it, lol.

But no, I dont really have any rules. The only time I would is when Im trying to recreate or play out a scene for myself from short stories/fanfiction I write.

Other than that my sims are free to do as they wish and considering some of the mods I have installed it gets pretty interesting at times. I enjoy seeing how they pair up with others or what roads they choose to go down.
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    Well, most of the time I don't allow myself to do certain things about making money, ex. if I give my sim a career, it has to be their source of income. I don't use collectibles for making money, I don't make them sell paintings or do gardening which are the easiest ways to make money.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Other: specify in comments
    No I don't put rules on myself, the devs do that so well already 😬🤣
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I don't cheat romantic relationships or jobs.
  • Options
    ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    I have an average amount of “rules” in my games
    I use specific rules if doing a challenge, but i never cheat money on a main family, or anything else but move objects ad cas fulledit mode
    VbXPSzu.png
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    My rules I play with are just not using any cheat to put my sims ahead. All money, all skills.
    As well as any home, or furniture. They must earn.
  • Options
    FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    Other: specify in comments
    Maybe? I don't think it's a rule but i don't age any life stages up unless it's time, I did that once but I don't do it now. That includes the little screaming objects called babies, I don't age them up because i want my sims to to be right age. Also every child in every family is a gift even if accidental.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I have no “rules” in my game, duh!
    I don't really have any rules in my regular games, only in challenge type games. I might have particular goals I want to achieve though.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    I use the move-objects, edit-households and I've used bb-object a few times. But I turn off aging because I just don't want my Sims to die before they've experienced the whole world. I get attached to small families rather than lengthy legacies.

I've thrown in 'Rosebud' a few times in the past.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I have lots of “rules” for myself
    I have lots of rules but they all depend and change depending on the save and what I'm working on or doing a challenge. With little consequences in the game itself, I had to do something or I would have been bored years ago.
    Origin ID: Peapod79