Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your gameplay ideas/plans for IL?

Hi guys, I'm so excited for Island Living. What gameplay ideas do you have planned?

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Can finally play my old retired surfer dude who lives at the beach in a shack. Fishing and selling any junk he finds when he does making a mild living. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    One of my orphanage teens is going to run away from the home and live it rough on the island, where she will discover shes actually a mermaid.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    For the first time I'm not coming up with all sorts of stories but still excited to explore. I just want to make a sim and live on the beach vicariously through them.. do the jobs, collect shells, snorkle, get burnt, ect.. Probably rags to riches style.
    I do have some ideas for mermaids but going to wait to see them interact ect first so I can plan it better.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    I definitely want to try off the grid living now that we're going to have a lot trait specifically for that. I love your ideas so far!!
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Mermaid boy lives alone by the ocean for a long time, falls in love with a Sim who came to the island as a new resident of the island. He teaches them the way around the island and its secrets and they both fall in love, but he has to decide as they get closer whether or not to confess that he's a mermaid and he's stressed out because he always has to hide his identity and run to the sea at midnight like Cinderella, LOL.

cue dramatic music: Will their love survive!?
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    For the first time I'm not coming up with all sorts of stories but still excited to explore. I just want to make a sim and live on the beach vicariously through them.. do the jobs, collect shells, snorkle, get burnt, ect.. Probably rags to riches style.
    I do have some ideas for mermaids but going to wait to see them interact ect first so I can plan it better.

Make a beach bum. :D Don't give them a job and they don't EVER have any money. Just get free food from the locals and the like.

Or maybe tick off the elementals to bring down upon smoldering doom on your sim and others.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm going to have a rich family (extended family of the Landgraabs) move to Sulani to help their adopted daughter, Maya, learn about her culture (both her parents were natives), and this is where it changes. I'm debating between her father being horrible to her after her mother dies and her running away, or her discovering the legend of mermaids and going to find one. Either way, the ending will be the same. She finds out that she's a mermaid.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    So I didn't really have any plans until I started seeing all the really awesome screenshots and videos. The more I look the more I want to play it. So I made a family for the island that I will update with the new stuff when I eventually get the pack.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Turning the Island into a tropical paradise for my sims to spend their summer vacations. I want to add clothing stores, restaurants, hotels, and make sure every beach is set up to be perfect for family fun in the sun.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    1) two lots I want change on "park". They will by use first as hotel and second as camp. So my other sims can go on hollidays here!
    2) husbands Heckling goes here, they adoptes two children fromSuluni. But children are not mermaid.... And with husbands Heckling go on Island too their first "adopted" son, he is lover art and he want paint beuty Island...

3) Tay Bayless and Miraj Alvi wants go on Island and live here as fisherman and lifeguard!
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited June 2019
    Three college bound YA’s head to Sulani for their summer break to enjoy the sun & surf and party it up before life after High School really starts. I’m really just going to explore the island with them, sunbath, build castle, rip around the ocean on Aqua Zips and hope they run into my pod of mermaids.

In my game mermaids come ashore in the summer months to seduce male sims and return to the waves pregnant. Mermen can’t father children (in my mythology) so this is how they continue the species. Think more dark mermaids/sirens with merman acting as their protectors. Maybe even Amazonian culture?? The youngest mermaid in the pod is going to be just a little too curious about the people of the land to want to go home straight away :wink:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Brother and Sister who had to leave Sulani when they were young due to constant volcano eruptions and oil spills but as they aged up their inspired to return back to the island in hopes to help with forest and sea life restoration.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I may move my pirate family there in one lot. Also it'll be a world for most of my mermaids as Newcrest is for most of my aliens. I will use other lots for a vacation spot, bar or club, beach, harvestables, and perhaps something else. Mostly residence though.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    alimafionalimafion Posts: 81 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’ve created a new YA sim who is going to be a marine biologist. My story for her is that her work have moved her out to Sulani to be part of the team of marine biologists and conservationists on the island
    Post edited by alimafion on
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I finally know what to do with Moira Fyres. First she was a scientist, but it felt wrong. Then the gardening career came out and I tried the botanist branch, but again it did not feel completely right.
    Even not knowing much about it, conservationist sounds like a much better fit. So I guess she'll pack famous-composer-husband-in-need-of-inspiration-Dominic and youngest-daughter-teen-activist-Morgan in her bags and move to Sulani to help.

Mitch Kalani will probably get the urge to explore his roots at some point. And I hope there's a mermaid premade because I have no sim to test that gameplay, and if there's no one else, it will be on Mitch.
    I don't think he will like that very much.
  • Options
    IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    I want to do an extreme rags to riches challenge with the off the grid trait, explore the marine biologist branch of the conservationist career and play a black widow challenge with an evil mermaid.

@happyopi that sounds perfect for Moira! I also had her in the gardening career, but I wasn't satisfied either.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    I found in my gallery this surfer dude I saved long ago, I might finally add him as now he will have a beach to go to. Doubt I will play him, just a background character my sim can interact with.

Right now I have a sim that just solved the problem of Strangerville and made some money writing. I might move her into Sulani.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I think I'll get meself a pretty little lot (won't be hard to find in such a pretty place), plop down a few tents, a fire pit or two and perhaps an outdoor shower (do these exist now? Do they work?), and make myself a little commune of beach cleaners. Since they'll apparently need access to computers for this career I might also be plopping down a cute little island vibe library where they can go inform themselves about things and have an island drink or two.

Alternatively, I have this super cute family that needs a bit of drama. So I might be killing off the dad (they have a rat, should be easy enough to make him sick that way and she tragically she won't know that a vaccine could have saved him), and have her take the kids far away to Sulani to start a new life surrounded by friendly locals.

And mermaids. Not sure yet what but I want a mermaid.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I think I'll get meself a pretty little lot (won't be hard to find in such a pretty place), plop down a few tents, a fire pit or two and perhaps an outdoor shower (do these exist now? Do they work?), and make myself a little commune of beach cleaners. Since they'll apparently need access to computers for this career I might also be plopping down a cute little island vibe library where they can go inform themselves about things and have an island drink or two.

Alternatively, I have this super cute family that needs a bit of drama. So I might be killing off the dad (they have a rat, should be easy enough to make him sick that way and she tragically she won't know that a vaccine could have saved him), and have her take the kids far away to Sulani to start a new life surrounded by friendly locals.

Yes, I saw someone that went to EA play and they made a house with an outdoor shower. Also you are supposed to be able to shower in the water fall.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think I am mostly going to focus on Little Wolf and his Salvadorada wife Paula. He was created for JA to be a nature photographer and he takes a lot of photos when he goes to explore the jungles. He will do the same in Sulani. Possibly, they will set up a little shop to sell his photography to tourists.

He was browsing the web this morning and saw the island, then discussed moving out of the city with Paula...

tk7yog0.png

2zXenLh.png

I think she's amenable to it. She left Salvadorada to be with him, and she really doesn't like the city. Neither does he. Nature is in their blood.

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yes, I saw someone that went to EA play and they made a house with an outdoor shower. Also you are supposed to be able to shower in the water fall.

Right, also true! Guess the colony will just have to reside somewhere close to that waterfall should all else fail :D
  • Options
    lilouolu10lilouolu10 Posts: 4 New Member
    I will create 3 young adult sims, two of them are locals from Sulani. One of the local is a mermaid. The other one has a girlfriend who is half Sulanian and lived in Willow Creek all her life. They moved together and enjoy life in the islands
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @fullspiral your sims are hot! <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    I'll definitely try out the "living off the grid" lot-trait in combination with the new conservationist career.
    Plus, I'll be hunting for the new collection items aswell!
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    At first I will build a luxurious spa/hotel for the wealthy and rich with a pool side that sort of flows into the ocean water. Just for lazy spoiled sims that want to go on vacation, enjoy the sun, but do not care too much for the actual world they visit. You know, that typical type of vacationers.

Then I got a nice idea of the forum to create a (few) B&B family lots somewhere on the island with extra rooms for sims to come visit, stay over and have more social interaction with the locals if they like to. Not sure how I will do this and also be welcomed to eat/sleep over, cause it will be a residential lot where my sims will visit strangers in their B&B home.
    I will probably just rebuild some of the homes from the locals into a proper B&B residential lot.

I will have a look at some of the pre-made beach lots and see if there is enough place for sims to plop their tents down to camp in the wild along with some nightclub areas on them for some epic beach parties for the young vacationers.
    A little later in my story, I will let one of my teens go there on a holiday with his friends, camp, party, meet locals and fall in love with the island to eventually become a environmentalist.

Then I might also make a more regular hotel/bar that is more appealing to the environment and people of the island. Here I will let my regular sims stay for their holiday if they are not into camping or B&B. It will be a more family friendly place with water activities, a beach lounge area that comes to live at night with beanbags/comfort pillows and a bar.