Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 should be much more Advanced , with more Player control.More player involvement.

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Rabbit-Holes are there to prevent crashes and allow a maximum amount of people to play the game. I don't think they can turn rabbit-holes off without changing everyones game. If everything in ts4 was active then I wouldn't be able to play.

Almost everything in TS4 is active.

Yes, it is. But we still have stuff like rabbit hole diving/snorkeling. And some careers are locked to rabbit holes. Thats why in Sims 5 I want to take it even further and have active careers as the norm. People who don't want to go to the career with their sim dont have to but I dont want cool jobs like "Secret Agent" as rabbit holes ONLY anymore. It limits player control and fun . Rabbit holes should be optional only. Not mandatory!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    because not everyone's computer not even GAMING computers can handle an open world?
    Do you have source to verify this carried over myth through out the years that's been proven time and time open world is partially the problem of not handling the open world. Especially when such words usually come from people who run TS4 on toasters and can't tell whether their "gaming" rig is 64bit or lower.
    Sims 3 was a big huge resource hog and if you added mods that were resource hogs to make the game run better it didn’t help. My game can run TS3 but it renders slowly and the its not the best experience. That was caused by open worlds.

Ive run more demanding Open world games before on my gaming laptops and play on the highest settings. Open world games CAN be optimized and run well. It just has to be managed correctly.

What exactly , is your own vision for sims 5 because it sounds like you would like a remake of Sims 4. Which literally doesnt benefit anyone at all. Not even EA.
    The Sims 3 is in no way optimized good is my point so you can sit there and say you have ran games with open worlds all you want. We are talking about the Sims 3 and the game has more problems then its worth playing. In no way am I a newbie to the game either but the appeal of Sims 4 was that it was different from the Sims 3 and if it was open world again I probably wouldn't have moved on to it.

JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Personally I don’t need to be able to play each and every detail in the game to call it a life simulation game. It’s a game, not life. That mainly applies to rabbitholes like careers and school though. Making restaurants and shops and prom and an ocean a rabbithole is something else, those need to be open. Movie theatres? Meh, I don’t really see the fun in watching a room full of sims sittig in a chair watching a screen. My sims hardly ever watch tv either.

I do agree with the part in this discussion however that advocates the game needing a good computer. I want the game to be as complex and in depth as possible, I do want that open world and I want to be able to customize as much as possible. I’ll never understand why for other games that’s not a problem, but as a simmer I’m supposed to be ‘casual’ and not care about that. I do.

For me, I do need to be able to see every detail. Having everything OPEN makes it seem less fake. Yes, at the end of the day its a game. That does not mean it should not be a good game or a convincing game. Its comments like the ones there, that make this game NOT do more than the absolute minimum . If they think most of their fans dont care about cutting edge features, like seamless gameplay and realistic graphics and immersive gameplay, then why should they provide it?

To be honest, other games look better and are more impressive because the fans of those games would never go for anything less. They want cutting edge graphics and they want stunning gameplay. Sims fans are all "I want a game that can run on my weak computer." They are probably the only fan base of people who dont want to push the boundaries and see what this "Life simulation" idea can truly be.

And if thats the case. If Im asking too much from this fanbase. And Maxis listens to them and makes Sims 5 another rehash and it seems outdated and behind the times in comparison to other popular video games when its released, then I just won't play or partake in this community anymore. Because it seems like any requests for this series to BE more and DO more than it has before is met with resistance. Or a sense of why do we need this fancy feature, or all that high falluting 'nonsense'? we dont care about that, we just want a simple, cartoony game, with closed off environments! :|

What if I don't want another cartoony Sims game, that looks like a child's dollhouse? What if I want a more contemporary Simming experience?

I’m sorry if you want less cartoony sims then play Second Life. I don’t want realistic looking sims that to me isn’t what the game is or ever has been. It’s cartoony hilarious sims that do crazy things you would never see in real life that is the appeal.

This argument makes little sense. The game before looked cartoony and had less satisfying gameplay because of technology. But as technology advances, so should video games. There is literally no reason to be stuck in the past. Video games are better when they are innovative, not STALE @pepperjax1230 And as someone who is by no means new to the sims, Im not sorry for wanting advancements. You might be fine with having 5 expensive versions of the same game with no improvements or growth visually and otherwise ,but I am not.

My point is that if you want the sims themselves to look realistic they never will. Do you really want to look at realistic looking sims and watch them age? I am sorry I rather have cartoony sims any day. So I was saying if you want realistic looking people in a game play Second Life. They don't have to change the sims like that the game is meant to be cartoony and fun to play.

"Fun to play". And not only are many, many games with realistic looking characters fun to play, most gamers prefer more realistic graphics. So I strongly disagree that The Sims needs that. I played open world games with characters that look a lot more realistic and not once was I bothered by that. In fact I find them more relate-able.

thank like @pepperjax1230 said go play Second Life or IMVU if you want "Realstic" sims. Or better yet get off your computer and head into Real Life deal with "Real Life"

What is wrong with wanting realistic sims.With the right style they can look stunning.
    There isn’t anything wrong with realistic in games that are meant to be and look that way I prefer the sims not to. I can make my sims stunning with CC.

But the sims were never meant to have a pacific style .In Sims 3 it look more realistic,and 4 more cartoony.In Medivil they look stunning.

Sims Medieval‘s graphics looked AMAZING! These were the most realistic Sims we got to date.
    These are in-game screenshots and you don‘t need CC or skin overlays to have these graphics!
    DtX_KNFV4AAR_Y2.jpg
    74-medieval-create-a-sim.png

Sure, amazingly realistic, but that isn't why I play the Sims. I much prefer the more cartoony style of the Sims 4. It's much more to my style of play. I don't know if I would have bought Sims 4 if they looked as realistic as this because it isn't what is visually appealing to me.
    For me, Sims 4 is realistic enough without being too extremely realistic and that is what I like: in games, comic books, graphic novels, movies. I like them to be somewhat realistic, but to still have that nice cartoony feel to them.
    edited June 2019
    because not everyone's computer not even GAMING computers can handle an open world?
    Do you have source to verify this carried over myth through out the years that's been proven time and time open world is partially the problem of not handling the open world. Especially when such words usually come from people who run TS4 on toasters and can't tell whether their "gaming" rig is 64bit or lower.
    Sims 3 was a big huge resource hog and if you added mods that were resource hogs to make the game run better it didn’t help. My game can run TS3 but it renders slowly and the its not the best experience. That was caused by open worlds.

Ive run more demanding Open world games before on my gaming laptops and play on the highest settings. Open world games CAN be optimized and run well. It just has to be managed correctly.

What exactly , is your own vision for sims 5 because it sounds like you would like a remake of Sims 4. Which literally doesnt benefit anyone at all. Not even EA.
    The Sims 3 is in no way optimized good is my point so you can sit there and say you have ran games with open worlds all you want. We are talking about the Sims 3 and the game has more problems then its worth playing. In no way am I a newbie to the game either but the appeal of Sims 4 was that it was different from the Sims 3 and if it was open world again I probably wouldn't have moved on to it.

JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Personally I don’t need to be able to play each and every detail in the game to call it a life simulation game. It’s a game, not life. That mainly applies to rabbitholes like careers and school though. Making restaurants and shops and prom and an ocean a rabbithole is something else, those need to be open. Movie theatres? Meh, I don’t really see the fun in watching a room full of sims sittig in a chair watching a screen. My sims hardly ever watch tv either.

I do agree with the part in this discussion however that advocates the game needing a good computer. I want the game to be as complex and in depth as possible, I do want that open world and I want to be able to customize as much as possible. I’ll never understand why for other games that’s not a problem, but as a simmer I’m supposed to be ‘casual’ and not care about that. I do.

For me, I do need to be able to see every detail. Having everything OPEN makes it seem less fake. Yes, at the end of the day its a game. That does not mean it should not be a good game or a convincing game. Its comments like the ones there, that make this game NOT do more than the absolute minimum . If they think most of their fans dont care about cutting edge features, like seamless gameplay and realistic graphics and immersive gameplay, then why should they provide it?

To be honest, other games look better and are more impressive because the fans of those games would never go for anything less. They want cutting edge graphics and they want stunning gameplay. Sims fans are all "I want a game that can run on my weak computer." They are probably the only fan base of people who dont want to push the boundaries and see what this "Life simulation" idea can truly be.

And if thats the case. If Im asking too much from this fanbase. And Maxis listens to them and makes Sims 5 another rehash and it seems outdated and behind the times in comparison to other popular video games when its released, then I just won't play or partake in this community anymore. Because it seems like any requests for this series to BE more and DO more than it has before is met with resistance. Or a sense of why do we need this fancy feature, or all that high falluting 'nonsense'? we dont care about that, we just want a simple, cartoony game, with closed off environments! :|

What if I don't want another cartoony Sims game, that looks like a child's dollhouse? What if I want a more contemporary Simming experience?

I’m sorry if you want less cartoony sims then play Second Life. I don’t want realistic looking sims that to me isn’t what the game is or ever has been. It’s cartoony hilarious sims that do crazy things you would never see in real life that is the appeal.

This argument makes little sense. The game before looked cartoony and had less satisfying gameplay because of technology. But as technology advances, so should video games. There is literally no reason to be stuck in the past. Video games are better when they are innovative, not STALE @pepperjax1230 And as someone who is by no means new to the sims, Im not sorry for wanting advancements. You might be fine with having 5 expensive versions of the same game with no improvements or growth visually and otherwise ,but I am not.

My point is that if you want the sims themselves to look realistic they never will. Do you really want to look at realistic looking sims and watch them age? I am sorry I rather have cartoony sims any day. So I was saying if you want realistic looking people in a game play Second Life. They don't have to change the sims like that the game is meant to be cartoony and fun to play.

"Fun to play". And not only are many, many games with realistic looking characters fun to play, most gamers prefer more realistic graphics. So I strongly disagree that The Sims needs that. I played open world games with characters that look a lot more realistic and not once was I bothered by that. In fact I find them more relate-able.

thank like @pepperjax1230 said go play Second Life or IMVU if you want "Realstic" sims. Or better yet get off your computer and head into Real Life deal with "Real Life"

What is wrong with wanting realistic sims.With the right style they can look stunning.
    There isn’t anything wrong with realistic in games that are meant to be and look that way I prefer the sims not to. I can make my sims stunning with CC.

But the sims were never meant to have a pacific style .In Sims 3 it look more realistic,and 4 more cartoony.In Medivil they look stunning.

Sims Medieval‘s graphics looked AMAZING! These were the most realistic Sims we got to date.
    These are in-game screenshots and you don‘t need CC or skin overlays to have these graphics!
    DtX_KNFV4AAR_Y2.jpg
    74-medieval-create-a-sim.png

Sure, amazingly realistic, but that isn't why I play the Sims. I much prefer the more cartoony style of the Sims 4. It's much more to my style of play. I don't know if I would have bought Sims 4 if they looked as realistic as this because it isn't what is visually appealing to me.
    For me, Sims 4 is realistic enough without being too extremely realistic and that is what I like: in games, comic books, graphic novels, movies. I like them to be somewhat realistic, but to still have that nice cartoony feel to them.

Its great that you like the cartoony look. But many players hate it. And sims 3 was not cartoony , so the game does not, in fact , have to be cartoony. Actually, I see many players who praise the Sims medieval look also. My point is, there's people on both sides and I personally prefer modern games with modern graphics.

As a side note, this topic isnt primarily about the graphics. The OP touches on the actual gameplay being too shallow, empty and surface levels for players who actually want more depth and realistic gameplay.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited June 2019
    So here's how we could have more realistic stuff without needing open world/lots (outside of restaurants);

babies-change diapers, put in play pen, have them crawl , teens+ can sing lullabies
    Toddlers-copy from Sims 4 version
    children- cops&robbers, patta-cake, tag, a play kitchen, lots of costumes, sleepovers, projects after school actitives AT school (ie drama club, sports). (Should we choose which subjects the kids/teen take?)
    teens- romance/dating, more advanced projects then what for kids, pranks at School similar to what was in Sims 3 but in this case there would be school punishments from getting detention to being Expelled (boarding school would be good for story-telling).

YA-romance/dating, jobs, for pregnancy food craving like from the Sims 3. Also the option to give up a baby for story-telling purposes,
    Adult-mid life crisis?
    Elder- knitting/crocheting (but Teens+ can do it as well), bingo/Euchre/domino, retirement homes?

any other ideas?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So here's how we could have more realistic stuff without needing open world/lots (outside of restaurants);

babies-change diapers, put in play pen, have them crawl , teens+ can sing lullabies
    children- cops&robbers, patta-cake, tag, a play kitchen, lots of costumes, sleepovers, projects after school actitives AT school (ie drama club, sports). (Should we choose which subjects the kids/teen take?)
    teens- romance/dating, more advanced projects then what for kids, pranks at School similar to what was in Sims 3 but in this case there would be school punishments from getting detention to being Expelled (boarding school would be good for story-telling).

YA-romance/dating, jobs, for pregnancy food craving like from the Sims 3. Also the option to give up a baby for story-telling purposes,
    Adult-mid life crisis?
    Elder- knitting/crocheting (but Teens+ can do it as well), bingo/Euchre/domino, retirement homes?

any other ideas?

Wow I love your ideas.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    EdithV wrote: »
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    > EdithV wrote: »
    >
    > > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    > > pepperjax1230 wrote: »
    > >
    > > EnjoyfulSimmer wrote: »
    > >
    > > @pepperjax1230
    > >
    > > I guess agree to disagree somehow is hard to understand all of a sudden. To you less is more. And I want more. Realize this. I have a certain standard I want from this game and no amount of throwing a fit or trying to catch an attitude is going to change that. Your entire approach when you talk to me is way too flippant for me to take you seriously.
    > >
    > > I want to follow my sims because they are my "sim" im supposed to be involved with the gameplay in the game. Common sense. Now, if you keep coming at me with the same "tude" your posts from now on will just be ignored. I have already blocked you :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > This is a forums you are on you know and you are taking everything I say personally you shouldn’t. If you played families which judging from your comments you don’t then you would know how hard that is to juggle sims.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Your attitude is garbage. Bye.
    > >
    > > Ps. I won't be responding to anymore smart-alecky people from here forward. If you wish to disagree and like a simplistic , more pretend game, thats fine, but do so in a manner thats not too slick of the mouth. That I do not deal with.
    >
    > If anyones attitude on here is garbage it's yours, you don't have to be so aggressive and over dramatic with people that disagree with you.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > She had the smart aleck attitude first. Don't be a latecomer and then not only that , but put your self in between a conversation that didnt include you. Anyway, I gave her an out the first time. I said I disagree with her fundamentally.
    >
    > Once that has been established, theres really nothing more to say. Become a member first dear, before you try to get wrapped up in whats going on between me and another user. Because you cant properly quote yet. If you have anymore argumentative responses that will go ignored as well :) Toodaloo!!! <3@EdithV

Should I become a member so I can spend all my time forcing my opinions down people's throats like a certain someone? Have you noticed that you are the main commenter in this thread by far, people don't care as much as you do lol.

Also they in no way came at you, you're just an immature child who wants everyone to agree with your opinion.
    Is my inability to quite annoying you, oh no I'm SO sorry.

Actually , multiple other people have commented in agreement and want to see sims 5 become a more contemporary sims game, with less limitation on the player. Many of my comments were quoting those people and sharing that I also agree and want to see a more leading-edge game for the Sims 5 :)

Did you want to talk about that? And focus on the thread topic? Or is this just your big shot to be a keyboard warrior >:) ?

I am willing to discuss a potential sims 5. But anymore posts that are posted just for the sake of arguing and NOT about Sims 5 are just attempts at instigating and dont deserve a response.
    EdithV wrote: »
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    > EdithV wrote: »
    >
    > > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    > > pepperjax1230 wrote: »
    > >
    > > EnjoyfulSimmer wrote: »
    > >
    > > @pepperjax1230
    > >
    > > I guess agree to disagree somehow is hard to understand all of a sudden. To you less is more. And I want more. Realize this. I have a certain standard I want from this game and no amount of throwing a fit or trying to catch an attitude is going to change that. Your entire approach when you talk to me is way too flippant for me to take you seriously.
    > >
    > > I want to follow my sims because they are my "sim" im supposed to be involved with the gameplay in the game. Common sense. Now, if you keep coming at me with the same "tude" your posts from now on will just be ignored. I have already blocked you :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > This is a forums you are on you know and you are taking everything I say personally you shouldn’t. If you played families which judging from your comments you don’t then you would know how hard that is to juggle sims.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Your attitude is garbage. Bye.
    > >
    > > Ps. I won't be responding to anymore smart-alecky people from here forward. If you wish to disagree and like a simplistic , more pretend game, thats fine, but do so in a manner thats not too slick of the mouth. That I do not deal with.
    >
    > If anyones attitude on here is garbage it's yours, you don't have to be so aggressive and over dramatic with people that disagree with you.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > She had the smart aleck attitude first. Don't be a latecomer and then not only that , but put your self in between a conversation that didnt include you. Anyway, I gave her an out the first time. I said I disagree with her fundamentally.
    >
    > Once that has been established, theres really nothing more to say. Become a member first dear, before you try to get wrapped up in whats going on between me and another user. Because you cant properly quote yet. If you have anymore argumentative responses that will go ignored as well :) Toodaloo!!! <3@EdithV

Should I become a member so I can spend all my time forcing my opinions down people's throats like a certain someone? Have you noticed that you are the main commenter in this thread by far, people don't care as much as you do lol.

Also they in no way came at you, you're just an immature child who wants everyone to agree with your opinion.
    Is my inability to quite annoying you, oh no I'm SO sorry.

Actually , multiple other people have commented in agreement and want to see sims 5 become a more contemporary sims game, with less limitation on the player. Many of my comments were quoting those people and sharing that I also agree and want to see a more leading-edge game for the Sims 5 :)

Did you want to talk about that? And focus on the thread topic? Or is this just your big shot to be a keyboard warrior >:) ?

I am willing to discuss a potential sims 5. But anymore posts that are posted just for the sake of arguing and NOT about Sims 5 are just attempts at instigating and dont deserve a response.

I don't want realistic sims I don't want open world and quit tagging me in your responses and I won't respond. I want nothing like what you want from Sims 5 I am my own person I don't want it shoved down my throat what I should like and what I shouldn't.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited June 2019

children- cops&robbers, pat a-cake, tag, a play kitchen, lots of costumes, sleepovers, projects after school actitives AT school (ie drama club, sports). (Should we choose which subjects the kids/teen take?)

Adult-mid life crisis?

any other ideas?

Wow I love your ideas.

I spend too much time over on the Ideas section-but the baby ideas is taken from whats in the Sims Mobile version-there's a video somewhere which shows that. Plus mixing up ideas from the past 2 generations of the Sims+this version.

Some other ideas:

Amusement parks the closet thing we had to an amusement park was both Making' Magic EP's "other world" and the Sims 3 store "20s style town" roller coaster.
    Zoos?

(teens can get job as either a food employee at either zoos and the Amusement parks or for the latter they can also operate rides or operate the games, If they still stay on as adults they can become a Supervisor.)

What I want open:
    restaurants- sort of a mix of Sims 2 and current but if our sims are able to own a resturant make sure that the Sim can also cook or serve in their own restaurant

grocery stores-like in Sims 2

6adMCGP.gif
    maybe instead of arguing we could figure out ways (like my ideas) where we could sort of realistic game play (within teen rating) and without needing to open a lot of lots (open Restaurants, and some stores)?
    6adMCGP.gif
    maybe instead of arguing we could figure out ways (like my ideas) where we could sort of realistic game play (within teen rating) and without needing to open a lot of lots (open Restaurants, and some stores)?
    I wasn't arguing I was disagree that sims in the sims 5 have to be realistic or that everything in the game has to be open. It doesn't work when you are a family player.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I wasn't arguing I was disagree that sims in the sims 5 have to be realistic or that everything in the game has to be open. It doesn't work when you are a family player.

I like to be a family player but we need more stuff like what was in Sims 2
    6adMCGP.gif

I like to be a family player but we need more stuff like what was in Sims 2

No I totally agree about that there isn't enough to do.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Open world has nothing to do with limiting family play .
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Perhaps not choosing the subjects for kids, but certainly for the teens, as the subject choices in school should alter their options when it comes to Uni. They could have subjects like Simlish, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Art, Drama, Music, Literature, History... But only be able to pick 5 or 6 subjects, thus restricting what they can study at uni, unless they take a bridging course.

Adult-mid life crisis?
    Since the adults are still having babies, I think that maybe the mid-life crisis should come after that age, but before elder...
    Come to think of it, there should be more transition before they reach elder.
    Adult should be up to about 40, then midlife crisis/middle age.
    Then senior citizen, the age of retirement around the age of 55-60.
    Elder-hood is more of a 75+ age range. They've done it all, they're now Venerable Elders.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    Perhaps not choosing the subjects for kids, but certainly for the teens, as the subject choices in school should alter their options when it comes to Uni. They could have subjects like Simlish, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Art, Drama, Music, Literature, History... But only be able to pick 5 or 6 subjects, thus restricting what they can study at uni, unless they take a bridging course.

Adult-mid life crisis?
    Since the adults are still having babies, I think that maybe the mid-life crisis should come after that age, but before elder...
    Come to think of it, there should be more transition before they reach elder.
    Adult should be up to about 40, then midlife crisis/middle age.
    Then senior citizen, the age of retirement around the age of 55-60.
    Elder-hood is more of a 75+ age range. They've done it all, they're now Venerable Elders.

@Movotti love your ideas that would be awesome.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Lexx223Lexx223 Posts: 27 Member
    I totally agree with your point about the Sims 5 needing to be better than previous iterations. What would be the point of buying it if it doesn't do anything new?

I think that in today's world, we pretty much have the technology. I could be wrong, but I kind of get the feeling that the business side of things is also why some content and fresh ideas are held back. Electronic Art's primary goal is to sell as little as they can for as much money as possible. If they can get away with not spending the money and resources on certain animations, making it a rabbit hole, and have it still sell, that's what they're going to do. So that's why I worry that the Sims 5 might not meet expectations.
    Lexx223 wrote: »
    I totally agree with your point about the Sims 5 needing to be better than previous iterations. What would be the point of buying it if it doesn't do anything new?

I think that in today's world, we pretty much have the technology. I could be wrong, but I kind of get the feeling that the business side of things is also why some content and fresh ideas are held back. Electronic Art's primary goal is to sell as little as they can for as much money as possible. If they can get away with not spending the money and resources on certain animations, making it a rabbit hole, and have it still sell, that's what they're going to do. So that's why I worry that the Sims 5 might not meet expectations.

Im not buying Sims 5 if
    - if it has the same look as sims 4
    - if there is no create a style. players should have freedom to play as we wish
    - the worlds aren't more open and accessible
    - the engine cant handle leading-edge features
    - its outdated in comparison to other new games in 2020/2021/2022 or whenever it's released
    - its not more advanced than sims 3. sims 4 isnt very advanced so thats not hard to beat.

About them doing as little as they can and selling it for the most they can get away with. thats very obvious . EA is so money hungry that even in the sims game they have a potty for toddlers, that costs $200. And other non luxury items that are also priced ridiculously.They dont even try to hide their obsession with upcharging and having things being unreasonably priced.

And if enough of their fans dont care about the game becoming more and more advanced, rather than being a downgrade of the previous version (sims 4 is LESS advanced than sims 3 and has LESS freedom and player involved choices) then they will deliver a lackluster game because they CAN @Lexx223
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I personally like the way the sims 4 handled it's worlds (in it's easily chunkable nature they can expand without major lag issues like TS3) but it would have been nice if there was an option in the menu, where those with better computers could load entire neighborhoods at least (so you don't need a loading screen to visit your direct neighbour) and potentially an entire map.

To me that's the only way of pleasing both sides of the main argument over open world
    caitytrina.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I personally like the way the sims 4 handled it's worlds (in it's easily chunkable nature they can expand without major lag issues like TS3) but it would have been nice if there was an option in the menu, where those with better computers could load entire neighborhoods at least (so you don't need a loading screen to visit your direct neighbour) and potentially an entire map.

To me that's the only way of pleasing both sides of the main argument over open world

I am a fan of the idea of an open neighbourhood, over an open world. Or as other games do it, the next section of the map is loaded, and ready for you to enter, as you get close to it, without needing the whole map to be loaded at all times.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I think that so far, the sims games have failed to be proper life simulations at all. And if Sims 5 is more of the same, what is the incentive to shell out the money for it? After I have already invested literally hundreds of dollars on Sims 4 and if you combine Sims 1,2,3 and 4 over the years thats well over $1000 of content just to be able to do the same stunted imaginary play in each new game.

I need more for Sims 5 in order for me to actually buy it, because im not buying a 5th title for the same tired and rehashed experience. There is honestly no reason to even create a new title , if you're not going to innovate and expand to new heights you've never before reached. Us original simmers are getting older now. Sims 5 should be a new sims experience.Allow us to have more openness and more gameplay abilities than we ever had before.

I definitely agree. I'm not saying the game has to be 100% reflective of real life but I'd like touches of real like like being able to select bridesmaids/made of honor or groomsmen/best man for weddings. Or being able to shop at a grocery store, then go to the cafe and buy new clothes at the boutique that's on the same lot and they actually work independently from each other. More involvement with pregnancy and newborns. Stuff like that is what I'd like to see as far as realism.

I'm a part of the original simmers group and I just feel like it's time we got more realistic gameplay.

I agree. I think shopping for clothes should make a huge return in The Sims 5. Going shopping for clothing would add so much more of a personalized feeling. -

And it would make sense to have in the base game the option to control and play as only 1 member of a household and have the other roommates or household members to be intelligent NPC's. NPC's that can be made non-NPC at the players will and control, but NPC's if we wish.

And apartments should really not wait on an expansion, that is a basic real life type of home.Should be available in base game and the player should be allowed to build one with "Apartment" being a lot type.

And I definitely am on the same page about the community lots working independently and being more useful.

I agree with everything. At first I didn't understand if this was only about technological advancements or more weirdness like, "we've done university, so TS4 doesn't need it." I'm only okay with the first part. :) We obviously need to bring back awesome and actually BETTER, more ADVANCED things from the past, as well; TS2 memories, open world but better, etc.

I wanted to specifically reply about apartments. Especially in our current culture/economy, but somewhat for a while before that, apartments are the REAL starter homes. A YA Sim buying a 16k semi-small house (hard to find) doesn't seem like the common/best starter option to me, and could be a foreign concept to the younger players of TS5. It'll be beyond time.

Apartments being base game will make more sense, because they should be a MUCH more common choice for YAs moving out and even new CAS families. Apartments should be be plentiful and integrated better and more fully into the game. TS2 apartments were great, but still not fully integrated or plentiful in most hoods (I mean building/editing my own is slow but what I prefer, so even when they exist, it's less).

Also, apartments aren't just city/tall buildings. TS4 and TS3 pose problems by leaning that way. (I can't build a small town apartment in TS3 or I'll bork pizza delivery and that makes me sad. I won't plop a city shell into a TOWN to save pizza.) The TS4 issues are obvious.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I think that so far, the sims games have failed to be proper life simulations at all. And if Sims 5 is more of the same, what is the incentive to shell out the money for it? After I have already invested literally hundreds of dollars on Sims 4 and if you combine Sims 1,2,3 and 4 over the years thats well over $1000 of content just to be able to do the same stunted imaginary play in each new game.

I need more for Sims 5 in order for me to actually buy it, because im not buying a 5th title for the same tired and rehashed experience. There is honestly no reason to even create a new title , if you're not going to innovate and expand to new heights you've never before reached. Us original simmers are getting older now. Sims 5 should be a new sims experience.Allow us to have more openness and more gameplay abilities than we ever had before.

I definitely agree. I'm not saying the game has to be 100% reflective of real life but I'd like touches of real like like being able to select bridesmaids/made of honor or groomsmen/best man for weddings. Or being able to shop at a grocery store, then go to the cafe and buy new clothes at the boutique that's on the same lot and they actually work independently from each other. More involvement with pregnancy and newborns. Stuff like that is what I'd like to see as far as realism.

I'm a part of the original simmers group and I just feel like it's time we got more realistic gameplay.

I agree. I think shopping for clothes should make a huge return in The Sims 5. Going shopping for clothing would add so much more of a personalized feeling. -

And it would make sense to have in the base game the option to control and play as only 1 member of a household and have the other roommates or household members to be intelligent NPC's. NPC's that can be made non-NPC at the players will and control, but NPC's if we wish.

And apartments should really not wait on an expansion, that is a basic real life type of home.Should be available in base game and the player should be allowed to build one with "Apartment" being a lot type.

And I definitely am on the same page about the community lots working independently and being more useful.

I agree with everything. At first I didn't understand if this was only about technological advancements or more weirdness like, "we've done university, so TS4 doesn't need it." I'm only okay with the first part. :) We obviously need to bring back awesome and actually BETTER, more ADVANCED things from the past, as well; TS2 memories, open world but better, etc.

I wanted to specifically reply about apartments. Especially in our current culture/economy, but somewhat for a while before that, apartments are the REAL starter homes. A YA Sim buying a 16k semi-small house (hard to find) doesn't seem like the common/best starter option to me, and could be a foreign concept to the younger players of TS5. It'll be beyond time.

Apartments being base game will make more sense, because they should be a MUCH more common choice for YAs moving out and even new CAS families. Apartments should be be plentiful and integrated better and more fully into the game. TS2 apartments were great, but still not fully integrated or plentiful in most hoods (I mean building/editing my own is slow but what I prefer, so even when they exist, it's less).

Also, apartments aren't just city/tall buildings. TS4 and TS3 pose problems by leaning that way. (I can't build a small town apartment in TS3 or I'll bork pizza delivery and that makes me sad. I won't plop a city shell into a TOWN to save pizza.) The TS4 issues are obvious.

20k starter homes aren't actually a thing in real life :D so I'm with you on that.

And we should be able just have a lot type and create whatever kind we want.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    CaityTrina wrote: »

I am a fan of the idea of an open neighbourhood, over an open world. Or as other games do it, the next section of the map is loaded, and ready for you to enter, as you get close to it, without needing the whole map to be loaded at all times.

That would be great if we could keep expanding the area and build more, but even if not, if done WELL, it could be nice.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Personally, I don't want to go to the movie theatre with my Sims, and I hate active careers. As another poster pointed out, rabbit holes are quite useful when you've got several Sims in the household, especially if you want to control all of them. I also find it rather boring to 'do' things with my Sim - I'm more interested in what my Sim can accomplish. (It's sort of like swimming in the ocean - I have no desire to watch my Sim do this. I would like to swim in the ocean (which is extremely difficult in a land-locked state that thinks puddles are 'lakes'). Watching my Sim do it is about as fulfilling as watching people do it on YouTube.

I'd rather see better AI in the next iteration: Sims who can learn from their experiences and who remember what has happened before (without the bloat that 'memories' often caused). I want Sims who make choices based on more than what their most pressing need is at the time, or what item in the room holds the most attraction. And I want them to behave differently depending on their personalities. We've come to the point at which cars can, in most cases, make better choices than human drivers, so there is no reason our Sims can't be smarter in the next iteration.

That doesn't mean we won't tell them what to do, sometimes, because we might want them to make a 'bad' decision, only that we won't have to cancel the 'play Blicbloc' interaction every two minutes or have to tell them to eat dinner at the dinner table (and then watch them try every chair in the house before finally sitting where they were supposed to sit...after the rest of the family has finished eating).
    I just want things to match. :'(
    Okay, so here's something. Just because you have no desire to see sims swim, or work, or do anything at all, does not mean that is acceptable for the next player. For me, its absolutely crucial. What each player desires and considers of importance will be different. However, the thing is, it's 2019. Rabbit holes should be OPTIONAL . NOT mandatory. And I stand firm by that.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I think the team dropped the ball on the diving element in Island Living. We had the underwater experience in Sims 3 and it was reasonable to expect the same but improved experience in Sims 4. They could have created a mind-blowing sequel to it but chose the easy way out. No more compromises in my book. Sims 5 would need to expand not contract if I am to continue to respond with simoleons.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top