Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 should be much more Advanced , with more Player control.More player involvement.

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Anyhow, I would like to re-direct the focus of this post. The sims 5 should be different and needs a strong selling feature. Open world is in huge demand and so is Create-A-Style. Create a style especially is essential. The loss of the ability to be creative and have total control over our designs was a really unfavorable choice. It feels more like we are not creators and rather, we are controlled by limitations.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I also think ts5 should not be made unless it brings new things to the table
    because in my eyes games have not changed enough from what they were when ts4 was made
    I can't really see anything that would be groundbreaking enough for me to want to buy ts5, start over with new game,
    wait for eps, get a new computer to run it... just no. the time just isn't here yet

It's common sense. Gaming is an expense. The sims is no different. And with a game like this, where its supposed to be a life simulator. I feel that its the kind of game where moving on to the next iteration only makes sense if there have been advances made and new ground broken that hadn't been before. There is no incentive to keep restarting from a new base game every 5-6 years just to not be able to experience the game in any different way than before.The objection to this game improving and not cheating players out of a more cutting edge experience are frankly silly @SimmingGal :|
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    If you find them more relate-able, perhaps those are the games you should be playing. Nobody requires you to play one game, or one series of game. If you don't like what one game brings to the table, try other games. And don't expect that you have a monopoly on what the future of the Sims series should be. We are all here together, and it is not right to say that some members of our community do not belong here. That includes Simmers who play games like Freeplay or Sims Mobile because maybe they do not have a computer at all, or prefer that style of gameplay. Trying to top the specs is a slippery slope. Who says how often someone has to buy a new computer, or how expensive a computer has to be to play? What if there was a game that required you to buy a new top of the line computer every SIX MONTHS? Would you be happy then? If so, how about every TWO MONTHS?

I think it's quite a bit of exaggeration to suggest that one might have to buy a completely brand new computer every two to six months to play a game. Considering that games take years to develop on tech that will have become outdated by the time of release, the system requirements should be around four to five years older than the game with bumps as needed if the game is a "live service" as TS4 is.

If TS5 were to release in 2022, it is not unreasonable to expect the game to be playable on computers built since 2017. Should TS5 debut in 2022, the earliest OS it should support should be Windows 8 (released 2012) if not Windows 10 (released 2015). Beyond that, processors, graphics cards and all other other components from around 2017 should be the minimum. Anything less than this, the developers will be shooting themselves in the foot trying to make yet another game with magic, pets, seasons, university, fame, nightlife, vacations, emotions, etc. while also trying to cater to a player base that is unwilling and hesitant to upgrade their equipment when the rest of the gaming world understands that it is necessary for both the developers and players alike.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really want open world back in Sims 5, it has been my favorite thing! There was always so much to explore, you didn‘t had to look at a loading screen when you visited your neighbor next door‘s house and everyone in town had a life on their own even if your Sim stayed at home (E.g. Neighbors going to work, meeting each other, having parties on their own, etc.)
    Open world is just so much more immersive and you could go everywhere!
    sims3-roaring-heights-036.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    I really want open world back in Sims 5, it has been my favorite thing! There was always so much to explore, you didn‘t had to look at a loading screen when you visited your neighbor next door‘s house and everyone in town had a life on their own even if your Sim stayed at home (E.g. Neighbors going to work, meeting each other, having parties on their own, etc.)
    Open world is just so much more immersive and you could go everywhere!
    sims3-roaring-heights-036.jpg

Yes open world is very immersive and would be NICE! to have back. Especially with the option to play without rabbit holes . For those who aren't interested in that level of realism, there could be a menu option to turn a simplistic mode on or turn rabbit hole lots on. Similar to laptop mode.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    Must say I simply like the angle of this topic. I don’t necessarily have to agree with everything and yes, the OP has a strong opinion about this, but who says someone can’t? Their opinion isn’t stronger than the people who expect me to do all kind of concessions I simply don’t benefit from myself. Feedback is often given from the perspective here that the game has to be playable on low end computers, personally I love a topic for once with a completely different angle. Selfish? Everybody here advocating the kind of game they want to play is and there’s nothing wrong with that (because it’s natural). Will it mean you won’t be part of the target group of such a game? Welcome to my world the last couple of years.

That doesn’t mean everybody should agree, but this indeed is the Feedback session and exchanging different views and opinions are allowed. It’s as if the “it has to be playable on low end computers” approach has become almost mandatory. What if it’s not? What if it’s all right to fantasize about a game that does need good and expensive rig? Because, what if that’s simply necessary to get a game a lot of people really want? With lively sims having complex personalities, emotions and reactions in an open, playable world that allows us to arrange and customize everything to our liking? I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t be allowed to dream about that. And I simply can’t imagine it’s impossible.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    because not everyone's computer not even GAMING computers can handle an open world?
    Do you have source to verify this carried over myth through out the years that's been proven time and time open world is partially the problem of not handling the open world. Especially when such words usually come from people who run TS4 on toasters and can't tell whether their "gaming" rig is 64bit or lower.
    Sims 3 was a big huge resource hog and if you added mods that were resource hogs to make the game run better it didn’t help. My game can run TS3 but it renders slowly and the its not the best experience. That was caused by open worlds.

Ive run more demanding Open world games before on my gaming laptops and play on the highest settings. Open world games CAN be optimized and run well. It just has to be managed correctly.

What exactly , is your own vision for sims 5 because it sounds like you would like a remake of Sims 4. Which literally doesnt benefit anyone at all. Not even EA.
    The Sims 3 is in no way optimized good is my point so you can sit there and say you have ran games with open worlds all you want. We are talking about the Sims 3 and the game has more problems then its worth playing. In no way am I a newbie to the game either but the appeal of Sims 4 was that it was different from the Sims 3 and if it was open world again I probably wouldn't have moved on to it.

JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Personally I don’t need to be able to play each and every detail in the game to call it a life simulation game. It’s a game, not life. That mainly applies to rabbitholes like careers and school though. Making restaurants and shops and prom and an ocean a rabbithole is something else, those need to be open. Movie theatres? Meh, I don’t really see the fun in watching a room full of sims sittig in a chair watching a screen. My sims hardly ever watch tv either.

I do agree with the part in this discussion however that advocates the game needing a good computer. I want the game to be as complex and in depth as possible, I do want that open world and I want to be able to customize as much as possible. I’ll never understand why for other games that’s not a problem, but as a simmer I’m supposed to be ‘casual’ and not care about that. I do.

For me, I do need to be able to see every detail. Having everything OPEN makes it seem less fake. Yes, at the end of the day its a game. That does not mean it should not be a good game or a convincing game. Its comments like the ones there, that make this game NOT do more than the absolute minimum . If they think most of their fans dont care about cutting edge features, like seamless gameplay and realistic graphics and immersive gameplay, then why should they provide it?

To be honest, other games look better and are more impressive because the fans of those games would never go for anything less. They want cutting edge graphics and they want stunning gameplay. Sims fans are all "I want a game that can run on my weak computer." They are probably the only fan base of people who dont want to push the boundaries and see what this "Life simulation" idea can truly be.

And if thats the case. If Im asking too much from this fanbase. And Maxis listens to them and makes Sims 5 another rehash and it seems outdated and behind the times in comparison to other popular video games when its released, then I just won't play or partake in this community anymore. Because it seems like any requests for this series to BE more and DO more than it has before is met with resistance. Or a sense of why do we need this fancy feature, or all that high falluting 'nonsense'? we dont care about that, we just want a simple, cartoony game, with closed off environments! :|

What if I don't want another cartoony Sims game, that looks like a child's dollhouse? What if I want a more contemporary Simming experience?

I’m sorry if you want less cartoony sims then play Second Life. I don’t want realistic looking sims that to me isn’t what the game is or ever has been. It’s cartoony hilarious sims that do crazy things you would never see in real life that is the appeal.

This argument makes little sense. The game before looked cartoony and had less satisfying gameplay because of technology. But as technology advances, so should video games. There is literally no reason to be stuck in the past. Video games are better when they are innovative, not STALE @pepperjax1230 And as someone who is by no means new to the sims, Im not sorry for wanting advancements. You might be fine with having 5 expensive versions of the same game with no improvements or growth visually and otherwise ,but I am not.

My point is that if you want the sims themselves to look realistic they never will. Do you really want to look at realistic looking sims and watch them age? I am sorry I rather have cartoony sims any day. So I was saying if you want realistic looking people in a game play Second Life. They don't have to change the sims like that the game is meant to be cartoony and fun to play.

"Fun to play". And not only are many, many games with realistic looking characters fun to play, most gamers prefer more realistic graphics. So I strongly disagree that The Sims needs that. I played open world games with characters that look a lot more realistic and not once was I bothered by that. In fact I find them more relate-able.

thank like @pepperjax1230 said go play Second Life or IMVU if you want "Realstic" sims. Or better yet get off your computer and head into Real Life deal with "Real Life"

What is wrong with wanting realistic sims.With the right style they can look stunning.
    There isn’t anything wrong with realistic in games that are meant to be and look that way I prefer the sims not to. I can make my sims stunning with CC.

But the sims were never meant to have a pacific style .In Sims 3 it look more realistic,and 4 more cartoony.In Medivil they look stunning.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    because not everyone's computer not even GAMING computers can handle an open world?
    Do you have source to verify this carried over myth through out the years that's been proven time and time open world is partially the problem of not handling the open world. Especially when such words usually come from people who run TS4 on toasters and can't tell whether their "gaming" rig is 64bit or lower.
    Sims 3 was a big huge resource hog and if you added mods that were resource hogs to make the game run better it didn’t help. My game can run TS3 but it renders slowly and the its not the best experience. That was caused by open worlds.

Ive run more demanding Open world games before on my gaming laptops and play on the highest settings. Open world games CAN be optimized and run well. It just has to be managed correctly.

What exactly , is your own vision for sims 5 because it sounds like you would like a remake of Sims 4. Which literally doesnt benefit anyone at all. Not even EA.
    The Sims 3 is in no way optimized good is my point so you can sit there and say you have ran games with open worlds all you want. We are talking about the Sims 3 and the game has more problems then its worth playing. In no way am I a newbie to the game either but the appeal of Sims 4 was that it was different from the Sims 3 and if it was open world again I probably wouldn't have moved on to it.

Personally I don’t need to be able to play each and every detail in the game to call it a life simulation game. It’s a game, not life. That mainly applies to rabbitholes like careers and school though. Making restaurants and shops and prom and an ocean a rabbithole is something else, those need to be open. Movie theatres? Meh, I don’t really see the fun in watching a room full of sims sittig in a chair watching a screen. My sims hardly ever watch tv either.

I do agree with the part in this discussion however that advocates the game needing a good computer. I want the game to be as complex and in depth as possible, I do want that open world and I want to be able to customize as much as possible. I’ll never understand why for other games that’s not a problem, but as a simmer I’m supposed to be ‘casual’ and not care about that. I do.

For me, I do need to be able to see every detail. Having everything OPEN makes it seem less fake. Yes, at the end of the day its a game. That does not mean it should not be a good game or a convincing game. Its comments like the ones there, that make this game NOT do more than the absolute minimum . If they think most of their fans dont care about cutting edge features, like seamless gameplay and realistic graphics and immersive gameplay, then why should they provide it?

To be honest, other games look better and are more impressive because the fans of those games would never go for anything less. They want cutting edge graphics and they want stunning gameplay. Sims fans are all "I want a game that can run on my weak computer." They are probably the only fan base of people who dont want to push the boundaries and see what this "Life simulation" idea can truly be.

And if thats the case. If Im asking too much from this fanbase. And Maxis listens to them and makes Sims 5 another rehash and it seems outdated and behind the times in comparison to other popular video games when its released, then I just won't play or partake in this community anymore. Because it seems like any requests for this series to BE more and DO more than it has before is met with resistance. Or a sense of why do we need this fancy feature, or all that high falluting 'nonsense'? we dont care about that, we just want a simple, cartoony game, with closed off environments! :|

What if I don't want another cartoony Sims game, that looks like a child's dollhouse? What if I want a more contemporary Simming experience?

I’m sorry if you want less cartoony sims then play Second Life. I don’t want realistic looking sims that to me isn’t what the game is or ever has been. It’s cartoony hilarious sims that do crazy things you would never see in real life that is the appeal.

This argument makes little sense. The game before looked cartoony and had less satisfying gameplay because of technology. But as technology advances, so should video games. There is literally no reason to be stuck in the past. Video games are better when they are innovative, not STALE @pepperjax1230 And as someone who is by no means new to the sims, Im not sorry for wanting advancements. You might be fine with having 5 expensive versions of the same game with no improvements or growth visually and otherwise ,but I am not.

My point is that if you want the sims themselves to look realistic they never will. Do you really want to look at realistic looking sims and watch them age? I am sorry I rather have cartoony sims any day. So I was saying if you want realistic looking people in a game play Second Life. They don't have to change the sims like that the game is meant to be cartoony and fun to play.

"Fun to play". And not only are many, many games with realistic looking characters fun to play, most gamers prefer more realistic graphics. So I strongly disagree that The Sims needs that. I played open world games with characters that look a lot more realistic and not once was I bothered by that. In fact I find them more relate-able.

thank like @pepperjax1230 said go play Second Life or IMVU if you want "Realstic" sims. Or better yet get off your computer and head into Real Life deal with "Real Life"

What is wrong with wanting realistic sims.With the right style they can look stunning.
    There isn’t anything wrong with realistic in games that are meant to be and look that way I prefer the sims not to. I can make my sims stunning with CC.

But the sims were never meant to have a pacific style .In Sims 3 it look more realistic,and 4 more cartoony.In Medivil they look stunning.

Sims Medieval‘s graphics looked AMAZING! These were the most realistic Sims we got to date.
    These are in-game screenshots and you don‘t need CC or skin overlays to have these graphics!
    DtX_KNFV4AAR_Y2.jpg
    74-medieval-create-a-sim.png
    a256aFi.gif

Sims Medieval‘s graphics looked AMAZING! These were the most realistic Sims we got to date.
    These are in-game screenshots and you don‘t need CC or skin overlays to have these graphics!
    DtX_KNFV4AAR_Y2.jpg

I like those. But a bit more polished would be nice. And that level of realism, I dont see how thats a bad thing. To me, its a bit sad how some in this "community" dont want anything to ever progress. Theres a lot more that could be done.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I agree that Sims Medieval Sims are stunning and Sims 3 Sims are to but mine always looked the same😂
    Anyhow, I would like to re-direct the focus of this post. The sims 5 should be different and needs a strong selling feature. Open world is in huge demand and so is Create-A-Style. Create a style especially is essential. The loss of the ability to be creative and have total control over our designs was a really unfavorable choice. It feels more like we are not creators and rather, we are controlled by limitations.
    Is that all you seriously care about not everyone can buy a new computer to run open world games the sims should not be one of those games that requires you to have the best computer to run it. I have a good computer and the sims 3 was terrible on it. I can play it but I rather have a game that is optimized really well for a better performance. For example I am playing Cities Skylines which isn’t optimized very well and they keep adding EP that’s fine but it’s not running good and it freezes. So telling people they have to buy a new computer for the Sims is insulting to some because it’s meant to run on computers that aren’t the best but can run the game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited June 2019

I agree that Sims Medieval Sims are stunning and Sims 3 Sims are to but mine always looked the same😂
    Is that all you seriously care about not everyone can buy a new computer to run open world games the sims should not be one of those games that requires you to have the best computer to run it. I have a good computer and the sims 3 was terrible on it. I can play it but I rather have a game that is optimized really well for a better performance. For example I am playing Cities Skylines which isn’t optimized very well and they keep adding EP that’s fine but it’s not running good and it freezes. So telling people they have to buy a new computer for the Sims is insulting to some because it’s meant to run on computers that aren’t the best but can run the game.

Is that all I seriously care about? No . I care about immersion. I care about realistic gameplay. I care about a game that becomes better and more advanced with each generation.Not remaining stagnant.

Your whole entire attitude needs to be thrown in the garbage. It stinks and its trash. Conduct your conversation in a manner, where you're not antagonizing me. Because seriously Im really not the one. If you are going to be a total schmuck about it, dont bother engaging in feedback threads. Because your whole entire approach is disrespectful and im not here for it.

Furthermore, is all you care about your weak computer and having the game be as childish and condensed as possible?

Says WHO? :/ You??? I strongly, very much disagree. Yet again. It SHOULD get better and it SHOULD be more advanced. Each sims game prior to Sims 4 , was an advancement over the previous one. So again, who are you to say this game should be simplified and not live up to its full potential?
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    because not everyone's computer not even GAMING computers can handle an open world? Not everyone wants to follow our sim to movie theatres-I mean when you can get off your bottom and GO to a real movie theatre? Why would I want to follow my sim into a dinner-it would just be the same as what we got w/ Dine Out sure its nice. Do you want to follow your children and teens to school I mean what could they do AT school ? Would you want to follow teens to their part-time jobs when you can go and get one of those part-time jobs for yourself in real life?

There's a time when technology is improving you have to follow it. It's life. You can stick up with previous games if you can't accept that.

and not everyone can buy a gaming computer? I don't even have a JOB because of disability income

Like I said it's life, I don't understand why us who follow the technology should be "bothered" by people like you who can't? Like I said, if you can't follow, stick up with previous things. It's life, there's elders who use mobile phones, others don't, that's life.

I agree, time moves on and tech gets better. If we had to stick with what low end computer can do we would still be back with sims1.
    So people are can only have old computers shouldn't be allowed to play newer Sim games just because you guys want every single thing to be opened up which would make some people's computers just crash? Jeeze and people think I'm self-centred. You guys are more self centred then I am

Be allowed , you are still allowed to play sims.Your not entitled for this game.I don't won't the whole world open up. I feel for those who have low end computers. The best thing to do is save, or get a part time job.

not possible on disability income not unless I want to decide between medication or roof over my head

And so the future of the Sims should be stunted because of your personal problems? I am astounded that some in this fan base think that is acceptable. No other game WORKS like that!!! Games need innovation and to deliver new advances in order to stay modern , current and interesting!

What they should do is make Sims 5 a very modern and impressive game, those who cant or wont keep up should not determine where this series goes.

I want a nice big mansion by the beach, but I can't afford that. That doesn't mean no one should build one if they can.

I like more realistic sims too. They already have cartoony with this game. Time for something new, we don't need another cartoony game.

There is nothing that says Sims is "meant" to be anything actually. The art style has changed several times. And times are definitely more advanced now. The sims can step into more realism. It can and in my opinion it should. The uncanny argument is a fail imo. Lots of games have realistic characters without being too uncanny.

Furthermore, it doesnt have to be photo-realistic, but it would be nice to have it much less cartoon looking than sims 4 is.

There are many games out there that are realistic. No one seems to have a problem with it. I think people are just not used to the idea for the sims. What would be the point of another cartoony game? We want new and innovative. They haven't done this yet.

DtX_KNFV4AAR_Y2.jpg

I really like that. It would be great not to have so many mods to make them look good.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

There is nothing that says Sims is "meant" to be anything actually. The art style has changed several times. And times are definitely more advanced now. The sims can step into more realism. It can and in my opinion it should. The uncanny argument is a fail imo. Lots of games have realistic characters without being too uncanny.

Furthermore, it doesnt have to be photo-realistic, but it would be nice to have it much less cartoon looking than sims 4 is.

There are many games out there that are realistic. No one seems to have a problem with it. I think people are just not used to the idea for the sims. What would be the point of another cartoony game? We want new and innovative. They haven't done this yet.

I do have a problem with it, but only for myself. I really don't like other games that look realistic either and only will play cartoony looking ones. I'm not a fan of the Sims Medieval look either. if I was to play another game they would have to have cartoony Graphics again similar to Sims 4 or something LOL. But I'm pretty sure everybody else would hate that and I'm fine with the next game not having it because I don't really plan to buy that next game anyways. I hope that one day you guys all get a game that you can enjoy too.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2019

Is that all I seriously care about? No . I care about immersion. I care about realistic gameplay. I care about a game that becomes better and more advanced with each generation.Not remaining stagnant.

Your whole entire attitude needs to be thrown in the garbage. It stinks and its trash. Conduct your conversation in a manner, where you're not antagonizing me. Because seriously Im really not the one. If you are going to be a total schmuck about it, dont bother engaging in feedback threads. Because your whole entire approach is disrespectful and im not here for it.

Furthermore, is all you care about your weak computer and having the game be as childish and condensed as possible?

I don’t have a weak computer it runs games I’m interested in fine. There is a line between realistic and cartoony. So you are saying you want to look st sims that look like Battlefront people that show the age and all the things that come with life? This game is an escape for most people from life making them as realistic as possible to look like actual people isn’t a game I want to use for escaping from life. Yes I want the game to improve but not in the way you want. I use the game as my platform for being creative and telling stories and just getting lost in my sims lives for awhile because it’s not life it’s a game. Also your attitude towards my opinions is uncalled for I’m stating my opinions in the post if you can’t handle them don’t respond back.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    OP, I agree with about 90% of your topic. It's not that I want everything, I really don't, but I don't like half baked simulation. Some rabbit holes don't bother me, such as Sims in TS2 walking off the lot or driving to go to work. But after TS3 there was this huge outcry from almost everyone who cares about simulation to have more hands on careers where the Sim actually had to do something instead of the player clicking a box. (whatever that 'box' might be, building, pc, invisibile portal etc.)

The longer this series continues the more I get disappointed. Because I see it all the time, players of today don't really want any simulation in my opinion. They have grown up on easy games where you click something and the task is done. Let's take for instance the new sunblock in the upcoming EP for TS4. Your Sim won't even have to get off it's lazy rear end go to a store to buy sunblock but the player can just click on the float out in the water to get sunblock. Are you kidding?

I can hear the arguments now, for even less simulation as follows, but it takes so long to eat, it takes so long to bathe, it takes away from player clicking even more stuff and instantly getting 'a lot done'.

Really, then what is the point of a life simulator if it doesn't simulate and I know the answers to that...again, but I want my Sim to talk to other Sims and 'have fun'. Doing what? Making the player click on an object and viola Sim is fullfilled, no hunger, no lack of energy, no need to bathe, no need to get up off their lazy rear ends and walk across the room but just click the object.

I won't be surprised at all if in the near future this series turns into exactly what I said and it's no one to blame but those who want easy peasy, click object and be done sort of game play. Examples to come, click fridge, full, click bed ,full, click Sim, fullfilled. End of gameplay. YAY we got it all done. :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Even if you want to claim that you dont want The Sims to be just like real life, thats cool and that isnt the point. That isnt really the argument im making here either. Its about just how little effort has been made to actually make the games an immersive and fun experience. In sims 3 there were imaginary movie theaters. And our sims would disappear inside to have popcorn and watch movies on the big screen while you waited outside. And Imaginary diners where sims would teleport to their booths and have all this pretend food and you would imagine them being inside and having this great time.There were also Imaginary spas, where your sims would go to treat themselves to saunas and back rubs, but you couldnt get a peek inside. And make believe sports arenas where sims sat back with hot dogs and refreshments and watched games you could never see. And even imaginary tombs at the graveyard where sims would go inside and become spooked by something scary. But you had to imagine what it might be.

I think that so far, the sims games have failed to be proper life simulations at all. And if Sims 5 is more of the same, what is the incentive to shell out the money for it? After I have already invested literally hundreds of dollars on Sims 4 and if you combine Sims 1,2,3 and 4 over the years thats well over $1000 of content just to be able to do the same stunted imaginary play in each new game.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think any game studio can achieve every imaginable life scenario or venue or object simulated into a game. Which is why The sims has little to no competition. It's incredibly difficult to program all these things and have a game still be stable to simulate it all. And then you have to focus on what's actually interesting, which isn't just watching your sims eat or watching a movie at the theatre, because these things can get boring, fast.

The 5th generation of sims should focus on a stable open world that loads intelligently and runs on a good engine, this will define the whole game. Being able to live in apartments on a busy street with cafes and stores on the ground floor, and being able to visit friends and family easily by just walking over to their houses, that would be great. Also, I'd like them to take objects from TS4 and TS3 instead of remaking everything from scratch all over again.

But I wouldn't mind rabbit holes for things like school and work,spas and theatres and grocery stores and libraries, since I don't think following sims there is that great and is very short-lived.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
    catitude5 wrote: »

Thats what Im saying. Give me a reason to buy Sims 5. I own every pack for The Sims 4 including SP's . So what reason would I have to move on to Sims 5. If the graphics are not much better and the gameplay is just a simple re-hash of the game I already own and play quite regularly?

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I agree that with each future iteration it should offer something better than the last. While sims 4 isn't open world it is way better graphically than 3 in my opinion (as we are commenting on our opinions here). And i'm not sure I understand exactly what it is you're looking for in this game other than for more of it to be open-ended, which by definition means having no determined limit or boundary. And if that's the case I don't think technology has reached that level even with the newest and greatest computer out on the market. Eventually I do think technology will get there but it just isn't right there now and may not be at that level when a Sims 5 (or even if a Sims 5) will come. As of right now I've had to replace my desktop about every 4 years to keep up with the latest and that's with upgrading over the years so yes, I will upgrade my computer if the game requires it but I'll do it when i'm financially able to and not when a new game that I want to play comes out. Till then i'll just keep playing what I currently have as I enjoy it just the way it is.

Personally I'm not even thinking of Sims 5. Still enjoying what we can do in this game. If I get frustrated with it then I just go play something else till I want to play the Sims again. And I do consider myself to be a long time patron of the game who I can assure you has spent way more than $1000 on it's entirety as I've been playing since summer of 2000.
    WbUrFQm.png
    edited June 2019
    Furthermore, I find it a bit strange how a few have tried to derail my thread . Come in here talking all aggressive and rude. For no reason. It hasnt been everybody, but the two or three that did, thats crazy. I am simply talking about the game not remaining stagnant and delivering a certain LEVEL of performance and EFFORT before asking people to invest all of these hundreds of dollars into a new base game.

The graphics thing was just a preference I have. And not the main component.

- New features that give players a LOT more control . Set relationships such as boyfriend+girlfriend, other family tie relationships etc. In CAS. Allow sims to start life out at different income levels average $20,000, Middle class $50,000 or Upper echelon $100,000 starting funds. Have

- Have traits become much stronger as far as how they impact the story and the sims lives.

- A more immersive gameplay experience. Cut out the activities and especially the places that are strictly rabbit hole. That doesnt mean no rabbit holes, it just means there is nothing that is "just" a rabbit hole as far as how players can interact with it. I just really dislike having to pretend a lot of stuff. And being 30 years old now, this game feels like a children's game whenever my sims disappear off somewhere and I have no option to interact . Let rabbit hole play be optional. Not the only option.

- Bring more systems to the game for realistic play. Such as banking and separate household funds. Mortgages. Loans. Again,an optional feature, for people who don't want to play the game in a dollhouse fashion.

- Create an engine that is capable of underwater activities and open waters everywhere and also items draggable in live mode. I want an engine that can handle whatever immersive gameplay Maxis can throw at it .

-More realistic aging .

-More realistic hair.

-The medieval sims were a good example of semi realistic graphics would enhance the sims .

There is really so much more I could go into. But Sims 5 needs to be better in a way that is expansive enough to justify yet another empty base game.
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on

I don’t have a weak computer it runs games I’m interested in fine. There is a line between realistic and cartoony. So you are saying you want to look st sims that look like Battlefront people that show the age and all the things that come with life? This game is an escape for most people from life making them as realistic as possible to look like actual people isn’t a game I want to use for escaping from life. Yes I want the game to improve but not in the way you want. I use the game as my platform for being creative and telling stories and just getting lost in my sims lives for awhile because it’s not life it’s a game. Also your attitude towards my opinions is uncalled for I’m stating my opinions in the post if you can’t handle them don’t respond back.

Im not sure where this "escape" thing is coming from. And why some people think the standards for "The Sims" should be set so much lower than every other game out there. Yeah the sims has been a cute little video game to play with virtual people. But it is 2019 and yes Sims 4 , while very charming, does have an overall feeling of being rather simple and a little "young" due in part to both the cartoony, unrealistic graphics and the much more simplified gameplay. Not knocking it because I play this game often and its fun. But Sims 3, was not as cartoony, in fact , it was trying for realism with its graphics and art style. Had they continued not only the graphics and visuals, but some of the gameplay mechanisms in a similar manner, Sims 4 would not only play as a very modern and powerful game, it would visually be very contemporary and that would have been super nice to have.

Video games are becoming more cutting edge every couple years and The sims has no good reason to fall behind and be outdaded and underwhelming, I agree @catitude5 .
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top