Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Will You Be Playing With Mermaids?

Everybody at this point has to know mermaids are coming with The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Pack. If you don't, now you do. But how will you be playing them? Because lets be real, we know that at least one of us (me) is going to be making all the mermaids demons that drown sims. But what about you?
funny-gifs20.gif

How Will You Be Playing With Mermaids? 266 votes

I'll be playing with stereotypical Little Mermaid type mermaids.
17%
Akl500PJasexbecky685xjeLlyBeAn1573rudolphamcruddSimQueenie9RawlaCherryrose_xcchant86okesterldmarkoalbertabrncMinty1992WinterKhirinBriel24Glimmer50Foxrox77mikawagBabykittyjade 47 votes
I'l be playing with demonic serial killing mermaids.
8%
icmnfrshJeanWrenrykeekee53BloosmooAnmirlaAlexizedetermigJennyggalexis3142ParmaViolet87Loves2draw1812MizzSammii3leo3487FreezerBunnyCowplantPotterheadSimlinkinsenpaiLivinityMondayTS1299 22 votes
I'll be playing with evil-looking mermaids that are actually really nice.
1%
KscSimmerSheepilingloutredorGeckogamesrinre33 5 votes
I'll be playing with nice-looking mermaids that are actually really mean.
8%
IcewolfStrangerthanalanmichael1fallenxjewelAngelluluHimRumiyuppstehlampepapertongueXxAirixXCrownSimspuertoricanthangEvaliynInternal_Chaossillyangel0906Xavy_CatdreamprisonerJediMuppetSiimbleAnyaPatrice 23 votes
I won't be playing with mermaids.
9%
auroraael14EvalenGoldmoldarGoth583JCStormy1invisiblgirlfriendlysimmerssekojranajaymancrazmisscbongkellzaDoloresGreylexus20Destin2016BabySquareFurSimsOfficialPlumDiddyPlainevilbirdonawireIfIdieyoung 25 votes
I might look at mermaids once or twice, but I don't really care about them that much.
20%
Stace1234566Kita5399storyyHowGreatThouArtoveronSimpatsyannAlrynnIsb917SusanaLeotePaigeisin5Nivyxloubyloulousnootypatootybarracuda1574SxcDannii202zagboorulesSimplyJenpajamajam07Bugginbabs78PlumbobCrossing 55 votes
Other...
33%
KamioLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatIceyJfalserhapsodyAyradyssPlayerSinger2010BrokenChaos69happysimmer2007Beardedgeeksimgirl1010JestTruAjaGioRoboSpongiecatloverplayerwrenstalesRinskashcrash19davina1221bluelighting 89 votes

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Other...
    I'll be doing both. Mostly evil mermaids though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Other...
    I plan to mostly play nice-looking mermaids who are nice. I don't have a lot of evil/mean sims, and that's not likely to change.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Other...
    Both. Probably in the same family, the way I play vampires.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Other...
    All of the mermaid choices? I'm going to play mermaids like humans: Some are good, some are bad, but many are pretty neutral and human-like, with flaws and all.

They will look varied and diverse, just like humans. You don't always know if a mermaid is evil, just from outward appearances.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I won't be playing with mermaids.
    I could not care less about this. I am not a fan of all these kind of creatures that are hyped up lately. Unicorns, mermaids etc. No thank you. But have fun playing ;)
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I want to make a siren type of mermaid that will seduce sims and drown them.

I also wanna make a household with different kinds of occult sims that will become room mates and best friends :smiley:
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I might look at mermaids once or twice, but I don't really care about them that much.
    I'm not usually a fan of occult play but I do like mermaids. I'll probably play them in one household of my rotational file but not often as my online time is limited and I always return to my realistic family saves in the end.
  • nikkibuglovenikkibuglove Posts: 15 Member
    I think it depends...I'm more of a realistic player so I don't know how much I'll use mermaids. However I'm excited about it and it will most certainly try it. I just don't know how often it will make it into my regular game play. I feel like I will create a save specifically to play with that feature and I just don't think it'll hold my interest too long.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    Other...
    Haven't decided yet. But I am sure to give mermaids a try, already thinking up storylines in my head.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Sea hags be ruling this island >:)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited June 2019
    Other...
    I'll be doing all of those.
    Perhaps there'll be a mermaid war- nice mermaids vs. serial killing mermaids.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I'll be doing all of those.
    Perhaps there'll be a mermaid war- nice mermaids vs. serial killing mermaids.

Peace With Humans vs. Kill All Humans. :)
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I wanna play with pretty,fantasy mermaids who are super nice and befriend the townsfolk as humans during the day but during the night they have the secret that they're a mermaid and return to the water. c:
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Other...
    All of the above? lol
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Other...
    I’m gonna play mermaids just like human sims, with completely diversity where everybody has a different personality.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Other...
    I’m gonna play mermaids just like human sims, with completely diversity where everybody has a different personality.

Same here.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    I plan on making a mermaid that lives in the shipwreck lot and is scared of humans. Then she will fall in love with a human girl. Sounds very cliché lol.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Other...
    I plan on making a mermaid that lives in the shipwreck lot and is scared of humans. Then she will fall in love with a human girl. Sounds very cliché lol.

Opposite here. Very stereotypical too. Lena will be a newcomer to the islands, live in one of the starter homes (maybe the shipwreck) and fall in love with a native girl that turns out to be even more adapted to nature than she thinks at first...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Other...
    How bout all of the above?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    then again I don't know what counts as nice because im sure my evil looking evil mermaid killers will also be picking up some human trash while at it and helping the island keep healthy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Probably a mix of different mermaids depending on their personality traits and stories.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I can’t wait to make a mermaid club where they meet up at pools and beaches and swim to their hearts content 🤗
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Other...
    I'll do as I always do, play the occult state until I've gone through everything then go back to my regular sim family. As of right now the only world they can truly or makes the most sense for them to live in is Sulani as it's the only place they can swim openly, unless you build a pool/pond in other worlds. And while Sulani looks amazing I don't think it's somewhere I'll continue my legacy play living only a place to visit or vacation for a bit.

However if they are amazingly fun enough to carry into my legacy play I will continue it into my story line.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Has anyone watched the tv show Siren? I’ll be using a similar storyline. I might switch out their traits a few times to resemble being scared when she/he discovers they can walk on land.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Other...
    I'm thinking of having a merchild with one :)