Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    If you commune with the island spirits one of the buffs they give you is 'Island Abundance'. My Sim had a full hunger bar for hours!

bjepa1.png

Yes I love these little boosts xD So far I've had hunger, energy and a boost to learning new skills. Wonder if there are any others?
  • Options
    RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    Did you know, the volcanic area of the map sometimes has fish poachers who you can tell nicely to leave or confront their wrongdoings?! Not sure if only conservationists can do this/bump into them, but thought this was a cool addition!
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    When a fire breaks out on your homelot neighbours will come to the rescue and put out the fire.
    When you have cleaned up Sulani there is a chance that you will spot an albino dolphin.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Parents can "coach" kids in swimming.
    7FbsfVd.png
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    While your sims are suntanning, you can click directly on them to find the apply sunscreen action so they won't get a sunburn as long as they have the sunscreen moodlet!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If your sims go fishing, (in Sulani at least, but this could be for other worlds too idk) you'll eventually catch endangered species of fish that you can either keep or release again into the water which contributes to the healing of the island.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    Did you knoow that mermaids don't grow their tail in hottubs??? Little dissapointed😔
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Did you knoow that mermaids don't grow their tail in hottubs??? Little dissapointed😔

I'd imagine as so :p But where would their tail even go to while in a hot tub? It would clip through the other sims.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Zussage wrote: »
    Oh, also, there were rumours about a secret mermaid beach floating around before release. Any word on if its true?

The gurus mentioned it in their Q&A live stream this morning. It's on the same island as the volcano but it's an Easter egg lot that allows you to visit there once your mermaid reaches a certain skill level. I think it was at about the halfway mark in the stream.

A certain level for which skill?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    You can purchase Mermadic Kelp with aspiration points! It is available in the same menu as the mood potions and add-on traits - and it's not that expensive either :)
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Oh, also, there were rumours about a secret mermaid beach floating around before release. Any word on if its true?

The gurus mentioned it in their Q&A live stream this morning. It's on the same island as the volcano but it's an Easter egg lot that allows you to visit there once your mermaid reaches a certain skill level. I think it was at about the halfway mark in the stream.

You have to maximize the conservation level of the natural island and discover Mermaids by meeting a game created one and getting her to admit it. Some who have tried this are saying it is just a new spawner that unlocks Mermaids in the world, though, not an actual place you can travel to.
  • Options
    amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member

That swim kiss tho ♥♥♥

wtj0gm.jpg
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member

Check out the Q&A live stream with SimGuruJill. They explain it better than I did. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    That swim kiss tho ♥♥♥

wtj0gm.jpg

That's the Kiss In Water interaction and it's available in pools as well.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    When toddlers play in the sand they will occasionally find things like seashells.

Also, even if you don't have a waterfront beach area using the lot type for a pool venue works very well. Only difference is sims are more inclined to build sand castles if you have that terrain, use the pool floaties as well as the beach towels.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am so far behind you guys lol. I haven't even had a sim in the water or tan on the beach.....or anything yet! Not been on a boat or aquazip. Not started any careers....

Why am I so slow at this game? :s
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    Ok I'm guessing everyone already knows this, but here it comes: sandcastles crumble when it rains :love:
    AfzU4DA.png

@fullspiral as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters! :D
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    In first person mode while snorkeling I think you can here a distant whale call every once in awhile, its very relaxing.

Mermaids have an idle where they sing a little song when they're happy.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    Did you know that mermaids can actually drown humans?

They can also drown other mermaids as well.

Wait- mermaids can drown?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I am so far behind you guys lol. I haven't even had a sim in the water or tan on the beach.....or anything yet! Not been on a boat or aquazip. Not started any careers....

Hey no right or wrong way to play. :) I was stuck in CAS and build mode for the most part then explored how each island looked. I actually haven't put my sim on a aqua zip myself. They have tanned and just hung out at the beach as well as snorkelers. Haven't touched jobs yet myself.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did you know that mermaids can actually drown humans?

They can also drown other mermaids as well.

Wait- mermaids can drown?

Yes if their pulled under from another mermaid or a shark.
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Hey no right or wrong way to play. :) I was stuck in CAS and build mode for the most part then explored how each island looked. I actually haven't put my sim on a aqua zip myself. They have tanned and just hung out at the beach as well as snorkelers. Haven't touched jobs yet myself.

The aqua zips look good with lights on them at night.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Most people already know these two, but mermaids can only call the Azure Dolphin.

There’s a rare Albino Dolphin after you clean up the beach
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

Just enjoy it on your own pace.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I have discovered the real benefit of siren's call.
    It's an evil way to fill up mermaid's needs by pulling down a sim to lower their needs.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My mermaid sim already had the reward trait to never lose hygiene, and so far she never loses any hydration, she was turned by eating the kelp