Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I now know that happy moodlets plus island radio can kill a Sim with the child of the islands trait. Nalani in my case. Died of hysteria.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    You can communicate with the nature spirits. I wonder just how far that communication will take you. My sim looked very happy afterwards.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    My sim who lives in Sulani went on a jog with her dog and they jogged along the shoreline, with graphics corresponding to both her and the dog splashing along the coast in the shallow water as they ran. Very cute and unexpected that they could do that
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    Mermaids who are a couple have both the mermaid kiss option and the kiss in water option that sims have.

Mermaids kiss can be giving to aquaitence sims and other mermaids and doesn't cause sims or mermaids to fall in love. Also it won't be rejected and mermaids have salty breath with a touch of spearment according to the moodlet sims get when their kissed by a mermaid.

The flirty mermaid song doesn't seem to make sims or other mermaids fall in love. Their relationship doesn't move up but sims or mermaids like it if they get that song sung to them. They'll sometimes flirt back.
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2019
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    You can use the BBQ pit to make grand meals and it will complete the goal for things like Harvesetfest. Sulani recipes included.
    cb19lcj.png

Thank you for that hint, it solved a problem I had with off the grid!
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »
    I hope dolphins can be modded to look like manatees and belugas! I love those so much and skeleton wise itll be basically the same, except maybe face a bit different. I really want my chonky sea potato manatee 😫🤩

That would probably be possible!
  • PhoenixphrenzyPhoenixphrenzy Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know or figured out what that weird light in the water that pops up in different places is? Its driving me nuts wondering what it is heh
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I haven't purchased this EP yet, but I saw on a YouTube video that Sims with the "Child of the Islands" trait can die of hysteria when they listen to the new radio channel. It's both morbid and hilarious!
    Does anyone know or figured out what that weird light in the water that pops up in different places is? Its driving me nuts wondering what it is heh

It's a type of algie I believe.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

If it's blue, it's bioluminescence. If green, it's algae.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I believe it's bioluminiscent algae.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    Guys they’re called Aqua Zips 🤦‍♀️🙉

What is an aqua zip?
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @VenusABatson 'aqua zip' is a noncopyrighted name, since 'jet ski' is copyrighted
    Mermaids can have pointy teeth like they did in Harry Potter! This is heaven for me! I need my demonic sirens.

Uh I like Mermaids but I prefer to think of them as just as good or bad as human sims. I made my merfamily good mermaids. 😊 If there are others in the game not so nice I guess I will find out. My Teen girl sim is going steady with a merboy. Her brother on the other hand has his eyes on a pretty half Alien Teen. Well, her mother is alien. She just inherited her alien skin.
    I did give my merfamily pointy teeth and mermaid eyes. 😊
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @VenusABatson 'aqua zip' is a noncopyrighted name, since 'jet ski' is copyrighted

Thanks. 😊
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Where do you find the jetskis?

To buy?
    Easiest way: Go into build / buy mode and filter "outdoor activities" for Island Living stuff.
    "Gamey" way: Go to the bar or beach, go up across the street and to the vendor machine. You can buy one there.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well I have decided to let Nalani join the environmentalist career as well. So both of them will have the same career.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    February11 wrote: »
    Where do you find the jetskis?

To buy?
    Easiest way: Go into build / buy mode and filter "outdoor activities" for Island Living stuff.
    "Gamey" way: Go to the bar or beach, go up across the street and to the vendor machine. You can buy one there.

I've got the jetskis now, next question, where are the mermaids?
    MLgj4Vx.png
    look, a thread about the three premade mermaids, almost as if others have asked the same question previously: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/961852/mermaid-premades
    edited July 2019
    Ahh, thanks for that, I've seen Ukupanipo at one of my resorts, and wondered who he was. So, they have legs! I was expecting to find them sitting among the rocks.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    their version of ursula must have been much, much kinder than ariel's. and yeah, much of the time, the mermaids, premades or not, will be swimming with human legs (unless they're at the mermaid cove in mua pel'am) until another sim gets them to admit that they are, indeed mermaids (tends to take either really high friendship rating or using an 'ordinary' conch shell while a mermaid is nearby)
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Do you know that parent sims can "coach swimming" when they are in the ocean with their children, provided their fitness levels are high enough? I found this out by accident when I had my sim family all swimming at the same time. While I had my parent selected I just happened to click on one of the kids, and lo and behold, the option popped up! It was cute: it involved a lot of cheering from the parent while the child swam about in different directions. She only had motor skill but it appeared to increase noticeably during the coaching.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Eating mermaidic kelp twice while a mermaid makes you human.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Eating mermaidic kelp twice while a mermaid makes you human.

Better not do that with Nalani then. I like her being a mermaid.