Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Tofu tacos will give your sim the fresh catch moodlet! Perfect for children of the ocean who don't want to eat fish. :)

Now I'm curious where Sims go to "catch" their tofu hahaha
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Where do you find the jetskis?

There's a little kiosk you can buy it from that's in the community part of the island (bottom island on the map) which is like the ranger station in granite falls where you buy things. OR you can just buy the 'aqua zip's' in build/buy mode.

Or maybe if your sim is a klepto you can just steal it :naughty:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    This is the Mermaid Cove. Once you have maxed the Conservationist career you'll find mermaids spawning on the small beache there.

9ibszkw7ubke.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    This is the Mermaid Cove. Once you have maxed the Conservationist career you'll find mermaids spawning on the small beache there.

9ibszkw7ubke.png

Really. I didn't know this. I need to join that career then.
    LadyKyn wrote: »

There's a little kiosk you can buy it from that's in the community part of the island (bottom island on the map) which is like the ranger station in granite falls where you buy things. OR you can just buy the 'aqua zip's' in build/buy mode.

There are also free ones in the ocean you can put in your inventory.
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    Did you know that your sim can drown if your energy is low while your swimming?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    You can use the BBQ pit to make grand meals and it will complete the goal for things like Harvesetfest. Sulani recipes included.
    cb19lcj.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,652 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

MLgj4Vx.png
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Someone keeps stealing my canoe or it just disappears from my inventory. Is this happening to anyone? My guy is poor and he's trying to earn money in his Rags to Riches so I'm wondering where my canoe went. Third time this happened. I don't know if because I have those open windows and some kleptomaniac is coming by. :#
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    A question for those of you playing conservationist sims: how many spots for surveying wildlife on Mua Pel'am have you discovered? I know of five - it would be useful to know of more if they exist. The five I found are:
    Wild pineapple plant, wild coconut plant, wild taro plant, frogs in the waterfall, mysterious cave

I found two more in addition to yours which are--Medium Size Turtles when they swim by that island in middle (max I’ve seen is 4)—they swim by the three coral reefs, also by clicking on buoy in shallow water when fish or dolphins are swimming.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @Hearts4u is your sim a conservationist? if so, there currently seems to be a bug where each time your conservationist analyzes a sample in their inventory one random item in the inventory vanishes (i've started emptying my inventory fully before analyzing because of it)
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @Hearts4u is your sim a conservationist? if so, there currently seems to be a bug where each time your conservationist analyzes a sample in their inventory one random item in the inventory vanishes (i've started emptying my inventory fully before analyzing because of it)

Yes, he is. I'll try that. Thanks a bunches.
    edited July 2019
    If your on the beach at night other sims will still be there.

Sims can get bit by bugs in the water and they get a rash and negative moodlet. My sim got bit at the interactive waterfall.
    07-01-19_1-16-51nbspAM.png
    edited July 2019
    You can place the Granite Falls Vendor in Sulani for camping supplies. I did it cause I wanted to buy my sims a tent and a cooler. It works there. It can be found in Buydebug.
    07-01-19_12-38-11nbspAM.png
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I mentioned this in the other Did You Know Thread cause. If your Sim has the Child Of The Ocean trait, and they eat fish tacos, they'll get a negative moodlit
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    In addition to spawned townie poachers, the premade evil Siren mermaid will also poach fish from your Sims' fish traps. This particular Siren is also an anti-environmentalist.

TCaL8KS.png

Sharks can also appear around these traps too, which makes sense. My sim had a very close encounter when she went to check her traps. Luckily she had taken her canoe out there so she was able to get out of the water almost instantly.

qV24Bwh.png

The traps were located in deep water when these two things happened. I had her move the traps closer to shore in medium depth water after that. She's still trapping the same type of fish/objects as in deeper water and the Siren hasn't been back or the sharks. :)
    i wouldn't really call that mermaid an anti-enviromentalist. more like she just saw a free meal or twelve... much easier to take them out of someone's trap than chase them down herself, after all

she's also not really evil, with her traits being mean, loner and noncommittal (she's also got muser as her aspiration trait). she actually seems quite friendly when interacting with my sims, as long as there are no other sims nearby to make her tense from the loner trait...that then likes to kick her mean trait into high gear...

Did you know Sulani has 7 Exclusive Festivals & Events. I didn't because only been to one. So happy there are no pop-up notices because randomness and excitement of not knowing so much better.
    1. Fishing Competition
    2. Island Celebration
    3. Beach Bonfire
    4. Family Fun Day
    5. Flower and Music
    6. Town Barbeque
    7. Town Pot-Luck

I didn’t know there were this many events until I watched this 11 minute helpful video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zxxHmYy7aA&app=desktop
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    i wouldn't really call that mermaid an anti-enviromentalist. more like she just saw a free meal or twelve... much easier to take them out of someone's trap than chase them down herself, after all

she's also not really evil, with her traits being mean, loner and noncommittal (she's also got muser as her aspiration trait). she actually seems quite friendly when interacting with my sims, as long as there are no other sims nearby to make her tense from the loner trait...that then likes to kick her mean trait into high gear...

I've had that Siren show up with the red exclamation point above her head and the title, "Anti-Environmentalist." My Sim was able to click on her and "Ask nicely to leave." My Sim was paid 225 simoleons after the interaction when the Siren left. So yeah, in my game she was designated as such and I do believe she's evil.

Also, after she pilfered each of my Sim's traps, she gave out an evil laugh with an evil look on her face and threw up her hands with fingers in a claw formation. Very similar to the animation Scientist's do in the GTW career once they reach the "Mad Scientist" level. Plus, she had the title, "Fish Poacher" above her name when I hovered over her.

I've seen her around Sulani in other areas too and she always has a sour look on her face. I don't think I've ever seen her smile. Perhaps she was made to act randomly different in everybody's game, depending on your Sims' interaction with her? I don't know... *shrugs*
    i've had multiple sims be designated 'anti-environmentalists', 'litterbugs' and 'fish poachers', including sims that were actively in the environmentalist career. it just seems to randomly take island-related sims, no matter their profession and go 'here you go, this is you today'. and yes, when a sim is currently in that role, they will do the maniacal laugh that is one of my favorite things from the evil trait, even if they don't have the evil trait (same with the mad scientists you pointed out. and anybody that transforms another sim with a simray)

as for @Hearts4u i've actually been slowly going through and making a list of those events, myself, using a mod to check the roles everyone that shows up for them are in (like the island celebration seems to have at least 4 roles to it: 'town local' (which all the events have), 'table vendor' (they place seashells on the tables), 'island celebration stall vendor (which is different from the regular stall vendor, since the one manning the booth currently is a fisherman by trade, not a stall vendor) and 'firststage painter' (they paint on the easels that spawn). just because that last one lists 'first stage', there might be more later. hard to check when the event is in a thunderstorm)

also, the turtle hatching technically counts as another festival and unlike the regular ones, it has a brief little popup (and doesn't seem to go into effect if your sims aren't already on sulani when the popup happens. tested that twice with two different types of weather. even on a sunny day, my sims coming from san myshuno never had the turtle hatching spawn, despite the message saying it was happening)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »

I've had that Siren show up with the red exclamation point above her head and the title, "Anti-Environmentalist." My Sim was able to click on her and "Ask nicely to leave." My Sim was paid 225 simoleons after the interaction when the Siren left. So yeah, in my game she was designated as such and I do believe she's evil.

Also, after she pilfered each of my Sim's traps, she gave out an evil laugh with an evil look on her face and threw up her hands with fingers in a claw formation. Very similar to the animation Scientist's do in the GTW career once they reach the "Mad Scientist" level. Plus, she had the title, "Fish Poacher" above her name when I hovered over her.

I've seen her around Sulani in other areas too and she always has a sour look on her face. I don't think I've ever seen her smile. Perhaps she was made to act randomly different in everybody's game, depending on your Sims' interaction with her? I don't know... *shrugs*

She's behaving like this in my game, too, so I don't think it's random.
    @loubyloulou it is...and it isn't... only sims that are on the islands get picked for those roles, so all the existing sims that shipped with the pack (all 3 mermaids, all the premade households living on lots) as well as any sim you yourself place in lots seem to be picked. i've seen both members of my beach bums household, the conservationist guy used in the trailers, 'lava man' maxis upload (i moved him into the chieftain's house as a bodyguard type to the two sims in it), my selvadoradan mermaid and her two roommates all in those roles. other sims spawned with the islander hidden trait can be picked for those roles, but they seem a lot less frequent than any of the premades and those you move in yourself (even if you evict the premades from their houses). i haven't personally seen any of the three premade mermaids in any of those roles yet, but i did kind of populate my islands pretty fast
    Sims who recieve a mermaid kiss get an aquatic breath kiss positive moodlet.
  • pauliuspaulius Posts: 8 New Member
    Do mermaids get a special tombstone/urn like aliens and vampires when they die?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    paulius wrote: »
    Do mermaids get a special tombstone/urn like aliens and vampires when they die?

no they don't @paulius
    more for sim kids and more drama please