Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gravestones never appear?

So I have a lot of families that I take turns with playing, with auto age on, because I like it to be realistic. I have a lot that's a graveyard too. Every now and then, when a sim dies that is not on my current family (but is very much a played family), look for the gravestone/urn everywhere, and I can't ever find one.

Does anyone know anything about this? My understanding that if it was on a played family, a urn or a gravestone should appear when you go back to play in that family?
tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Have you checked the household inventory?
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    That’s why I don’t turn on auto age while I am doing a rotational play.
    If they didn’t die on the same lot where your current sim was being, you aren’t able to find their urns.
    It was default setting as long as I know.
    I don’t know if the gurus have done something to fix it or not in last year. ( I’ve been playing with auto age off for a long time.)
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    @EgonVM Yes, I always check the household inventory and the sim inventory. But I never find anything, unfortunately.

@kinot9229 Do you let your sims go with cheats then? Because I don't think there is one for just dying of old age, if I remember correctly?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I had this problem, too. I guess stones get lost if I wait too long, but even in houses I played frequently, stones could not be found.

Then I figured something that helped me in two of those cases, but will probably not always help: If there is another grave on the lot, a new stone or urn might be placed by the game on the exact same position! When I moved existing stones/urns, I found the missing ones hidden. I too use graveyards, but they are less fun if the dead sims' names are not there.

If you had no old stones/urns on your lots, I 'd keep an eye on ghosts at night, trying to locate where they return to in the morning. The grave won't necessarily be at the exact position, but if there is a ghost at least you will know for sure that the stone is hidden somewhere.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Far as I know, graves only spawn if they die in front of you, the few times I found a gravestone that I didn't witness the death of, i had moved someone into their old home and the tombs were randomly in the house somewhere.

If you use mods I've made use of summoning back ghosts, reviving them and killing them again just to get their tomb with mcc
    caitytrina.png
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2019
    @CaityTrina did you manage to get urns of sims that died by old age? All other deaths I tried so far work, Grim appears and leaves a gravestone/urn. But if I choose "old age" the sim is moved back to hidden households immediately.
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Are there any cheats for making your sim die of old age?
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    You can't have gravestones/urns unless your sims witness the death. That's one downside to Sims 4.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I have several gravestones from sims who died at home when I was not playing their lot. Perhaps I did play their lot often that period though, game thinking of it as one of my most active lots at the time. Not sure if thee is any such grading in game, say there will always be a recent top 10 most played lots. Could be possible.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited June 2019
    psykt wrote: »
    Are there any cheats for making your sim die of old age?

@psykt
    I’m fairly sure that if you use the age up cheat when a Sim is an elder, they will automatically die.

Sims age_up [SimID]

ETA: I’m not sure if it’s a working cheat anymore without mods, since the patch released that removed a bunch of cheats.

TwistedMexi created a mod that unlocks all those cheats again.
    There’s also the Advanced Debug Mod which gives you a pie menu of options so you don’t have to enter them manually. That’s what I personally use.