Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living: What do you think?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I got very excited about the ladders but turns out they can only be used with foundations? which made me bit angry so now I am just trying to chill and think of 99 good things this pack has even if they had to be petty like that

It must be similar to pool ladders in the coding, then. We can't use those in other places either.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I hope some modder can make them usable in other places too, since we will have the ladder animation.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I wish mermaids could swim below the surface and I think that's my only complaint

I think I'll enjoy the other areas of the pack
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I wish mermaids could swim below the surface and I think that's my only complaint

yeah I just feel kind of sad they have to be there in the middle of sunbathing sims awkwardly
    I hope there is good area to make mermaids only place :confused:

actually now that I think of it if they made grotto swimmable I could have mermaid grotto and that be cool
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’m watching more of the CAS videos, and wow! Just lovely and varied islandwear clothing in this pack.

Loving the B/B content so far as well, and I can definitely see myself combining some Jungle Adventures content with this pack.

A few things I’m mildly disappointed in are 1) toddlers/children not having visible mermaid traits, and 2) no special animations for transforming into a mermaid, and 3) no underwater lots / grottos (so far?).

But besides that, I am enjoying seeing the rest of the pack.

Going to watch some more general island gameplay and map videos of the pack, but I am so in love with this pack! :love:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Looking forward to the conservation career and baby turtles 🐢 haha.
    edited June 2019
    I’m watching more of the CAS videos, and wow! Just lovely and varied islandwear clothing in this pack.

Loving the B/B content so far as well, and I can definitely see myself combining some Jungle Adventures content with this pack.

A few things I’m mildly disappointed in are 1) toddlers/children not having visible mermaid traits, and 2) no special animations for transforming into a mermaid, and 3) no underwater lots / grottos (so far?).

But besides that, I am enjoying seeing the rest of the pack.

Going to watch some more general island gameplay and map videos of the pack, but I am so in love with this pack! :love:

yeah b/b and cas are really cool for this pack I wasn't expecting to say this about island pack as I haven't seen real beach in my whole life and live in north but when i buy this pack i will have so many things in b/b to use and so much new beautiful clothes and it might just be my new fav ep (if only those ladders worked it would be literally perfect why u do this to me)
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Personally, I'm excited about this EP. Have been looking forward to this for awhile now.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Disappointments:
    -No merfolk traits for toddlers/kids

-No underwater swimming or lots, period. Was really hoping we could get something even if it cost a load screen time.

-ties in with previous comment, but rabbit hole scuba diving and lifeguard stuff.

Otherwise it looks good (really loving the CAS stuff and the mermaid features), just really limited and just a general reminder of how pretty Sims 4 is but a lot of its actual play content is very limiting.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm disappointed about
    - houseboats
    - hotel resort
    - scuba diving
    The rest seems great for me.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I think I'll pass. I don't like mermaids and I'll soon tire of beaches and oceans.

I've already five worlds nowhere near full so I'm happy playing them.
    is it just me obsessed with idea of buying my sims pizza floatie or?
  • Gabipl220Gabipl220 Posts: 1 New Member
    disappointed that there is no hluseboats and resorts hope they will come out with something containing the both
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm really, really excited about it! I actually never got around to playing with Island Paradise so this will be a whole new experience for me and I honestly can't wait to get started with it. The water, the Odd Jobs, the new part-time careers, mermaids, swimming, floating, diving, jet skiing, friendly neighbors, conservationist career, just all of it! Only one week to go simmers <3
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Has anyone seen footage of the lifeguard career? I can't find anything.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    From the videos I've seen, I know this will be my favorite EP for sure! I can't wait to play with it!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'm excited to learn that there is scuba diving. What a relief. Underwater photography sounds amazing.

I haven't found any gameplay footage on diving yet. anybody else found any :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Mermaids and Dolphins are for sure my favorite part (mermaids because I'm an occult player and dolphins because they're adorable), but I'm also looking forward to constantly living in my favorite place EVER, except for maybe Disneyworld. Maybe.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    Let me see as always I am intrigued by the trailer but not enough to buy it or even pre-order as with EA/Maxis I learned to not look too deep into its hype trailers and get hyponitized by them. I think the pack is cute with an lot of candy for the eyes but like every pack I had brought I do not pay full price as for me it lacks the two features that I wish for, Neighborhood creator and Lot creation tools as I do not care how many lots there are. I rather make my own lots and customize my own neighborhood. Also, it looks to have an exclusive problem as CL has you are stuck with tropical spot. After all is said and done the newness wears off and then boredom sets back in and next pack please for creativity for me is not optimal in Sims 4. Sure the game has improved but not to where I can hop out and say wow I am going back in and play for hours. What floats for one player may not float for me. If I do get it it will not be full price and I will get it at an price I will be comfortable with.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

yeah I just feel kind of sad they have to be there in the middle of sunbathing sims awkwardly
    I hope there is good area to make mermaids only place :confused:

actually now that I think of it if they made grotto swimmable I could have mermaid grotto and that be cool

One of the gurus said mermaids can be part of clubs if you have Get Together.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'm excited to learn that there is scuba diving. What a relief. Underwater photography sounds amazing.

I haven't found any gameplay footage on diving yet. anybody else found any :)

It’s a rabbit hole, and you don’t get to choose the photos.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I got very excited about the ladders but turns out they can only be used with foundations? which made me bit angry so now I am just trying to chill and think of 99 good things this pack has even if they had to be petty like that

-____________-

Another thing for modders to fix...

Those laddes aren't even that revolutionary and exciting. They just copy-pasted the functions and animations from the jumping platform from Get Together. The EP also reuses a few animations and objects from various packs. The play in waterfall animations was from the Romantic Garden fountain. Swings that were introduced Seasons are returning to this EP. Another one from Get Together, the fire pit and the fire dance and all of its function.
    y'all got bread?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm excited about the interactive waterfall especially showering under it and the other waterfalls that look like the ones in Aurora Skies in TS3. We can swim out to those too. Their just not interactive. And of course I"m interested in swimming in the ocean,snorkeling and dolphins.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

-____________-

Another thing for modders to fix...

Those laddes aren't even that revolutionary and exciting. They just copy-pasted the functions and animations from the jumping platform from Get Together. The EP also reuses a few animations and objects from various packs. The play in waterfall animations was from the Romantic Garden fountain. Swings that were introduced Seasons are returning to this EP. Another one from Get Together, the fire pit and the fire dance and all of its function.

Lionfish were introduced in Outdoor Retreat and are returning in Island Living although the one in IL is blue vs the one in OR which is a brighter orange color with white stripes I believe.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Has anyone seen footage of the lifeguard career? I can't find anything.

That's because it's a rabbithole job. :(