Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living: What do you think?

AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
I thought I’d make a general Island Living discussion thread for those of us who are looking at GameChanger content.

*I didn’t see any general ones on the first page so if there is one you can combine* 💙
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Something that I’m excited about is the new ladders! Imagine what we can make now that we have ladders?

Island inspired lofts anyone? 💙

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm excited to learn that there is scuba diving. What a relief. Underwater photography sounds amazing.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think its a beautiful pack. I bought Strangerville and that wasn't my jam at all. So I am definitely gonna buy Island Living. Im just not pumped. I would have loved a beach pack based off of an American beach with a city side. They have never explored that. Beach doesnt have to mean "exotic Island". Like it would have been nice to have a Miami beach based beach world. Where you have the city side and then the beach side, with more American type of summer clothing.

However, I will buy the new stuff is really pretty and the water is gorgeous.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    It looks interesting! I never played Island Paradise for The Sims 3 so everything is very new to me.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I think its a beautiful pack. I bought Strangerville and that wasn't my jam at all. So I am definitely gonna buy Island Living. Im just not pumped. I would have loved a beach pack based off of an American beach with a city side. They have never explored that. Beach doesnt have to mean "exotic Island". Like it would have been nice to have a Miami beach based beach world. Where you have the city side and then the beach side, with more American type of summer clothing.

Someone had shared that they are going to try and open up other oceans. So hopefully they do that for Del Sol Valley and add lots to the beach area which would kind of make it a city beach world!

Icewolf wrote: »
    It looks interesting! I never played Island Paradise for The Sims 3 so everything is very new to me.

I owned it but never played lol oops 🙈

There’s a bunch out now! I’m so excited for all the different point of views 💙

• AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I want it even more now. :'(
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    I want it even more now. :'(

Me too! What’s funny is that I’m going to the beach (Ocean City MD) this weekend so I’ll get some more beach life (I live in a beach town but I don’t get to go often). And when I come back it’ll just be a few more days before the Sims! 💙

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I think I'm impressed with a lot of stuff. The only thing I've seen that disappointed me is that there are no new pool objects like slides. I wonder if and how they would come, maybe as the one new object in a SP?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I’m trying to limit myself to watching cas/build/buy only, I don’t want too much gameplay spoiled for me! I think everything I’ve seen so far is gorgeous. There is a ton of new content which is really exciting, I heard a GCer say if you’re building in Sulani you won’t need to search other packs for much. Everything you need is in Island Living. I’m only so far concerned that I don’t see a lot of value in the new objects/clothing for other worlds. It fits too specifically to Sulani. Not a deal breaker, it’s good that they’ve really made this new world feel like a different place. I just hope I can find use whenever my sims aren’t visiting the island (if that makes sense).
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I think I'm impressed with a lot of stuff. The only thing I've seen that disappointed me is that there are no new pool objects like slides. I wonder if and how they would come, maybe as the one new object in a SP?

Yeah that’s kind of confusing since you can jump off of the decks into the ocean, I would have loved a slide to do so. Or maybe they’ll patch it for pools and ocean swimming. Hopefully a mod can do something about that for the time being. (And Yes relying on modders suck but what can we do 🤷‍♀️)

I’m trying to limit myself to watching cas/build/buy only, I don’t want too much gameplay spoiled for me! I think everything I’ve seen so far is gorgeous. There is a ton of new content which is really exciting, I heard a GCer say if you’re building in Sulani you won’t need to search other packs for much. Everything you need is in Island Living. I’m only so far concerned that I don’t see a lot of value in the new objects/clothing for other worlds. It fits too specifically to Sulani. Not a deal breaker, it’s good that they’ve really made this new world feel like a different place. I just hope I can find use whenever my sims aren’t visiting the island (if that makes sense).

I have a mod that changes Granite Falls to look like a tropical island and I’m thinking of keeping it as is to use it as a destination place until Zerbu (hopefully) updates his destination to residential mod.

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    So far, it looks really cool. Initially, I wasn't looking forward to an Island expansion, because I didn't think it would be as good as the Sims 3 one. But, from looking at the screenshots, it looks like they added a lot of new activities and content, and the map is pretty large. The world looks very unique too, with its own culture and traditions, which is different from the Sims 3. I'm pretty pumped so far, and I might even buy it when it releases!
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    So far, it looks really cool. Initially, I wasn't looking forward to an Island expansion, because I didn't think it would be as good as the Sims 3 one. But, from looking at the screenshots, it looks like they added a lot of new activities and content, and the map is pretty large. The world looks very unique too, with its own culture and traditions, which is different from the Sims 3. I'm pretty pumped so far, and I might even buy it when it releases!

I so wish Tropical Paradise for TS3 had worked for me. I was so excited when it came out and played as much as I could but I was never able to get over that my sims had to live there forever (remember when sims couldn’t travel between worlds? I could never go back to that lol). And it was so buggy and slow, I had a decent computer for that time and it was just unplayable. So this time it really feels like a new experience in the sims for me. 😁

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Looks good so far. I'm glad that we can use all the ocean stuff in pools and I like the male clothes.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’m having information and visual overload right now, but I’m even more excited for this pack! :love:

I love the information about mermaids, the overlook of the beautiful world, and just... everything.

So beautiful. I’m still watching videos on CAS and BB, but I’m already loving this pack. :heart:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

I so wish Tropical Paradise for TS3 had worked for me. I was so excited when it came out and played as much as I could but I was never able to get over that my sims had to live there forever (remember when sims couldn’t travel between worlds? I could never go back to that lol). And it was so buggy and slow, I had a decent computer for that time and it was just unplayable. So this time it really feels like a new experience in the sims for me. 😁

Tropical Paradise was an awesome pack, the world was beautiful, but it runs horribly, even on new PCs. I remember buying it when it came out and loving it, but it ran very poorly because the world was badly optimized. I tried downloading it on my new gaming PC a year ago, but it still ran badly. Hopefully, with the S4, the world is smoother and better optimized :smile:
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    All of the gameplay, CAS, and build videos have me so freaking HYPED!!! This is, IMO, the best and most cohesive EP they've released for TS4.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It looks like kids got a nice amount of stuff in CAS and toddlers a semi-decent amount. That's reliving at least.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    I got very excited about the ladders but turns out they can only be used with foundations? which made me bit angry so now I am just trying to chill and think of 99 good things this pack has even if they had to be petty like that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

meanwhile im here happy because it isn't city world because sims 4 has way too much shell houses in every world possible
    Simmingal wrote: »

meanwhile im here happy because it isn't city world because sims 4 has way too much shell houses in every world possible

no pun intended but actual SHELL houses could have been cool concept
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I got very excited about the ladders but turns out they can only be used with foundations? which made me bit angry so now I am just trying to chill and think of 99 good things this pack has even if they had to be petty like that

-____________-

Another thing for modders to fix...