Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Found out, Scuba Diving is a rabbit hole!!!

13...Next

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Snorkelling doesn't look like a rabbit hole, though, and there are reefs to snorkel at. I'm assuming that'll work with first-person mode too :) I can live with a deep-see diving rabbithole if I can first-person snorkel at a reef.

I didn't know they go underwater when snorkeling. I just want them to explore underwater. Deep or not.

Don't understand tho why scuba diving is a rabbit hole because there usually isn't rabbit holes in sims 4 but we'll see. I would expect them to just not include it at all. Like what's the point of becoming a diving instructor if we don't see our sims do anything?

You can't go under water when snorkeling. The air tube has to remain above water in order to breathe! Watching my Sim snorkeling will do it for me, too. I learned how to scuba dive way back in high school, but in order to get certified required we actually went into the ocean. I said NO. I have body-surfed in the Pacific Ocean, but I literally hyperventilate whenever I get out above my head. (I can only last about fifteen minutes and then it's like somebody is stepping on my chest!) I'm a good swimmer, and ocean water causes greater buoyancy, but it's not my territory. That belongs to the fish. Suffice it to say, I'm not a beach person … . :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Snorkelling doesn't look like a rabbit hole, though, and there are reefs to snorkel at. I'm assuming that'll work with first-person mode too :) I can live with a deep-see diving rabbithole if I can first-person snorkel at a reef.

I didn't know they go underwater when snorkeling. I just want them to explore underwater. Deep or not.

Don't understand tho why scuba diving is a rabbit hole because there usually isn't rabbit holes in sims 4 but we'll see. I would expect them to just not include it at all. Like what's the point of becoming a diving instructor if we don't see our sims do anything?

There are lots of rabbit holes in this game. School, work, concerts and other events. One more shouldn't be a surprise. :)

Yeah work and school are rabbit holes but i don't think any new careers added to eps are rabbit holes. They're usually semi active.

And I don't think we have concerts in the game or unless I missed that

Most of the part time jobs are rabbit hole jobs.

Yeah you're right. They never added part time jobs to eps so I was expecting it to be semi-active. Though someone said that for lifeguard you unlock new beach interactions so I'm fine with it being a rabbit hole in that case.

Not sure about diving though. I hope we can at least do something special with it even if we can't go underwater with them.

Diving in general (I don't know about the part time job) is a rabbit hole action, but if you buy an underwater camera, they can take pictures of underwater scenes and possibly sell them for money to live off of. Also, your sim dives by clicking on a buoy so you need to swim to one of those. I think the ones that are red with a white stripe might have sharks near them.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    No way, you're lying? Some give picture or video
    giphy.gif

• CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I don't mind rabbit holes. As a matter of fact when my sims have careers that have the option to join them I always send them alone, I don't like going with them as I find it boring.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2019
    Diving in general (I don't know about the part time job) is a rabbit hole action, but if you buy an underwater camera, they can take pictures of underwater scenes and possibly sell them for money to live off of. Also, your sim dives by clicking on a buoy so you need to swim to one of those. I think the ones that are red with a white stripe might have sharks near them.

Here you go, from EA Game Changer XUrbanSimsX

https://youtu.be/GYbNYNWkJM8?t=1590
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    They should not have called The Sims a life simulation. Maybe then I could lower my standards to accept rabbit holes for things. I hated them in sims 3 too.

I like realism. In sims 3 there were imaginary restaurants you couldnt eat inside and you had to sit outside while they ate. There were imaginary movie theaters where you couldnt join them in the movie. Imaginary spa's where you couldnt experience the relaxation along with your sims. And make believe sports arenas where sims would disappear to enjoy watching spectator games.

Im tired of dollhouse playing. And no it isnt good enough. They are continuing the trend with sims 4. If sims 5 has even a single career or activity available ONLY as a rabbit hole, I am NOT buying it!!!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Check around 29 minutes for the diving and picture of underwater.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I don't personally care that it's a rabbit hole job. I prefer them. I want more career options without needing everyone to be active
    caitytrina.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Eh, disappointing, but I love mermaids and having an island pack too much to let it get me down.

I’ll still be buying the pack.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'll still buy the pack but I am really disappointed as I loved the diving in Sims 3, my only problem was that you could only dive for so long before your sim had to get back on the boat.
    I loved that the sims could meet the mermaids under water and collect fish and shells under the sea.
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2019
    You can go snorkeling in first person and it looks like your underwater looking at all the awesome underwater stuff!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsUG2QEXv40
    It's at the 6:35 portion of the video.