Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Del Sol Valley should have been (edited map image)

2...Next

Comments

• RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    Love it!!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Is it possible to expand the map though? something the sim gurus would probably do in their freetime as a free update for get famous.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2019
    if only we had a tool to make it so :'(

be honest i use the free hoods more than this one
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the part in the map where there's a beach with a few lots near it. I MEAN MALIBU!!!!!!!
    why didnt they add that in? It makes so much more sense this way.

It makes me even more sad cause we'll probably never get something like that - they're not likely to revisit this LA/California theme.

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    In my wildest dreams, they will redeem themselves for giving us such pitiful worlds as this by expanding the worlds with more lots when we move to 64-bit. I like the thought that they might open up the waters for the imaginary beachside lots. If they waited to do this for that reason, that could be an acceptable excuse.
    Now don’t laugh yourself into hysteria over this little dream of mine.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Eh, I don't use Del Sol Valley much, even though acting is my favorite career.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Hello all. I know that I have to win a gold shovel becouse of posting here but I guess that it is better than add new topic about Del Sol Valley. At first I want to add that I was a fan of TS1 and TS2 some years ago. I've stopped to play TS series around TS3 realise and I came back The sims series several months ago (but I bought the game on PS4 year or two ago). Finally I decided to buy my first expanion pack and I've choosen Get Famous. Why? I've expected feeling from The Sims Superstar but with more lots and content. How disappointing was the moment when I saw Del Sol Valley first time. Studio Town in 2003 was realised with 9 community lots. Del Sol Valley has only 11 (more than 15 years later!) and Get Famous also has less content. I really have no idea why Maxis still not updated this map.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I love get famous but yea it is half the size of sims 3 EP. However sims 3 store is 2x more expensive than stuff packs. So in the end they might be both equally expensive lol
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Wow!!
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Oh I’d love if there was even just two beach lots there, in the world you can either live in a very run down neighbourhood or the height of luxury, there should have been an inbetween
  • Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
    aww the beach lots look so perfect. That would be indeed a lot more fitting in size and number of lots. I don't use Del Sol at all because it is so inattractive in terms of lots. :(
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    That would be ideal, but really, like, 2 more lots in Mirage Park and at least 1 more in the hills and I'd be happy enough.

The urban beach would be a dream of mine come through.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I'm wondering though, if those unfilled empty looking spaces on the each map are meant to accommodate future lots like the skating/roller rinks are already.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I’m still annoyed by DSV. The density of the backdrop looks great, but the world would have been perfect for me if it had at least 2 beach lots, split the massive 40x30 in Mirage Park into three lots and add one more lot across the street, then add apartments in the downtown area that are similar style to the new ones in the new Eco pack. The devs want to make smaller worlds is fine by me, but Del Sol, which is obviously L.A. inspired, should not have been one of them.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    I love this ... get famous still my fave pack but the world would have been so much better like this