Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Del Sol Valley should have been (edited map image)

Del Sol Valley is infamous from being so small, with only 11 lots. But what could have it been with over 20 lots? Well, I decided to edit the map view image of Del Sol Valley and shaped it to be this hypothetical map of what it could have looked like, and honestly what it should have been in reality...

So here's my edited version of Del Sol Valley with 24 lots:

6BtAu7J.png

Would you've been more happier with this, than what we actually got? Better give us the ability to edit existing worlds, right EA?

Comments

• Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Definitely.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    xbackxback Posts: 22 Member
    For sure
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm not usually one to complain about the world sizes, but yeah, this is much better, especially the added space in Mirage Park! It's ridiculous that there's only three lots there, one of which being way too big as well.
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Too bad that as soon as they release something, they dont change anything anymore, dont consider concerns about the community and just come up with lame excuses.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I would have loved it to be this size.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    If they chose to open up swimming in other worlds via patch then the lots on the beach (far left) could become reality and that would be awesome. But I don’t see it happening unfortunately 😭😭
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Awesome, I wonder why they make it really small though, if it's performance-related issue, explain why Get Together had such enormous world yet the world runs great performance wise.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    That would have been so much better, I specially like the addition of an extra neighbourhood by the beach. This makes a lot more sense than what we got, even if by then the beach would have been just "background" or like the beach on the island of Windenburg.

I very rarely use or visit Del Sol Valley in my game but if it would have been like this, I would probably use it a lot more!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, this would have been so much better. Del Sol Valley should have been bigger. When you play it there is such a strange gap between neighborhoods, you can either live in a rather simple neighborhood or you can live in complete luxury on the hills. That's it. There is no middle ground.

And what is the deal with the strange 50x40 lot in Mirage Park with multiple driveways? It looks like multiple lots that are combined.
  • Options
    SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    Yes! I love your edit. Also I was just thinking how weird it is that they introduced the acting career but there is no movie theatre to enable premier's. Sims could go to special screenings, and be allowed to invite family members. Also no high end shopping areas or boutiques.

It's really missing a lot on the case of a neighbourhood that should be more like LA with Beverley Hills, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood! All the areas you think of when you're thinking movie stars. It just doesn't seem all that luxurious. Especially the pre-built mansions!
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Still won't forgive the developers for making Del Sol Valley smaller than a game pack world (StrangerVille).
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the part in the map where there's a beach with a few lots near it. I MEAN MALIBU!!!!!!!
    why didnt they add that in? It makes so much more sense this way.

-Yarden.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Oh, I love those beach lots. Now I'm sad because we don't have them... :'(
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited June 2019
    nvm nvm
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    I just don't like how Del sol valley looks at all. All of the fake buildings surrounding the lots kind of overwhelms me. I don't know how else to explain it.

I think I know what you mean. It feels like it's all a movie set, the whole place. And it's also too crowded and makes me feel trapped. It's hard to explain but yeah, it's claustrophobic to me.
    Aslo, way too small.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That would have been much nicer.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    That is my main complaint about that pack. After playing for a sim week I moved all my famous sims out of there as it just wasn't a fun neighbourhood . Nothing but empty shell houses , why couldn't those houses be playable in the first place.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes, that looks much better. :) Get Famous is a fantastic EP but the world is a shame.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Still can't believe how small this world is....that would have been so much better.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    This would have been perfect <3
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    That looks so good! I wish we had this 🥺.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Another reason why I don't play much in this world was because only ONE neighborhood had a huge explorable public space. Mirage Park and the Hill Neighborhood felt to small IMO. I would definetly choose to live in the Hilltop neighborhood on StrangerVille rather than on Del Sol Valley, because of how big the explorable place is.
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    100%. It would be even ether if they filled in some of this spaces with buildings, however.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    That would have been awesome.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I love the EP but the world really was disappointing. My sim so wants to build a mansion on that beach front property you have drawn