Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Storms in Island Living

I heard there's going to be tropical storms in island living and as someone who grew up on an island I think this would really give me the feel of home lol

I'm wondering how in depth these will be. Will your sims power and water shut off? Because that happened every year. Will your kids miss school? Because that was definitely one of the benefits.

And since the water is shut off will your sims need to go outside to catch water and then they have to boil it so it's safe to drink?

And this probably won't happen but can your sims roof fly off because this actually happened to my mom when she was pregnant with my brother. I don't know why but I would find that so funny.

And if your sims go outside can they get hit from a flying object because that's a real risk.

I doubt it's going to be this detailed but this would be cool.
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I heard there's going to be tropical storms in island living and as someone who grew up on an island I think this would really give me the feel of home lol

I'm wondering how in depth these will be. Will your sims power and water shut off? Because that happened every year. Will your kids miss school? Because that was definitely one of the benefits.

And since the water is shut off will your sims need to go outside to catch water and then they have to boil it so it's safe to drink?

And this probably won't happen but can your sims roof fly off because this actually happened to my mom when she was pregnant with my brother. I don't know why but I would find that so funny.

And if your sims go outside can they get hit from a flying object because that's a real risk.

Yes the person that said this said she didn't know if you'd need Seasons or not.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Yes the person that said this said she didn't know if you'd need Seasons or not.

In the ea play livestream it looked like there was a storm when they were showing the volcanoes so maybe not.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options

In the ea play livestream it looked like there was a storm when they were showing the volcanoes so maybe not.

True. That was Volcanic Lightning. Strangerville came with Thunderstorms as well.
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    I am curious about these tropical storms. I wish I asked if Seasons needed, but guess I can wait till EP will be out.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Well, Sim kids don't even get a day off school for blizzards anymore, so I assume they'll have to go to school in a tropical storm as well. (I live in a place that normally gets a lot of snow, and these days, schools close before the first flake falls. When I was a kid, they'd wait until the last minute - we'd all be dressed and ready for school, huddled around the radio waiting to hear the magic words in the list of school closings: 'x County District RE-1'.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Edit: After looking through the forum thread by luthienrising, there will be a new Monsoon weather type. It seems like for those with seasons.

Well, Sim kids don't even get a day off school for blizzards anymore, so I assume they'll have to go to school in a tropical storm as well. (I live in a place that normally gets a lot of snow, and these days, schools close before the first flake falls. When I was a kid, they'd wait until the last minute - we'd all be dressed and ready for school, huddled around the radio waiting to hear the magic words in the list of school closings: 'x County District RE-1'.)

I was actually just thinking about that a little earlier. I was having a sim make a snowman when I realized she didn't stay home from school even in a blizzard.

BUT, I'm glad there's going to be some sort of a tropical storm! While I do have seasons I hope that it's not a prerequisite. It'd kinda stink if someone missed out on an entire part of a pack because they didn't have another one. Is there any news on what these storms would entail? Power flickering, bobbing floats/boats?

It also makes me wonder what a mermaid sim would do during a storm. Whatever the mermaids AI is would probably be overwritten by that gnarly "Tense from Thunderstorm" buff so.
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    It will be interesting to see how well they have added Seasons to Island Living, I hope they have added some mechanic so sims does not try to do summer activities in the tropical storm autonomously.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Tsunami, or a volcano eruption would be a bad idea, wouldn't it? :D
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @Bluefairy286 I think that would be a great idea! I wish mermaids could make the volcano erupt...
  • Options
    EmoFlowers wrote: »
    Edit: After looking through the forum thread by luthienrising, there will be a new Monsoon weather type. It seems like for those with seasons.

I was actually just thinking about that a little earlier. I was having a sim make a snowman when I realized she didn't stay home from school even in a blizzard.

BUT, I'm glad there's going to be some sort of a tropical storm! While I do have seasons I hope that it's not a prerequisite. It'd kinda stink if someone missed out on an entire part of a pack because they didn't have another one. Is there any news on what these storms would entail? Power flickering, bobbing floats/boats?

It also makes me wonder what a mermaid sim would do during a storm. Whatever the mermaids AI is would probably be overwritten by that gnarly "Tense from Thunderstorm" buff so.

We can probably make it snow with the weather machine.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how well they have added Seasons to Island Living, I hope they have added some mechanic so sims does not try to do summer activities in the tropical storm autonomously.

They'll probably want to 'run inside'. (Even when they're already inside.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I wonder if they added monsoons to Selvadorada? I assume they won't show up in other worlds, like Brindleton Bay or Willow Creek, but I think they'd fit the theme of Jungle Adventures.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You need Seasons for the weather. Mermaids have the power to summon tropical storms.