Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To School EP Idea

Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I would LOVE for more schooling and learning options in the game, for ALL age groups, so I've compiled a list of ideas that I'd be ecstatic about seeing in a future pack. Yes, I know this is an almost complete update and overhaul of the education system in the game, but it's sorely needed, in my opinion.
  • Mommy/Daddy/Relative & Me toddler classes/activities at the library or park
  • Preschools for Toddlers
  • More and Varied After School activities for both children and teens, like those added in the Sims 3: Generations... perhaps even some with which we may go along, if we choose
  • Traditional University, with dorms and student housing and frats and sororities and the likes
  • But along with that, some Non-Traditional options, like a community college where the sims can attend while living at home
  • Adult Education classes, to gain new career opportunities or further their existing career which may include:
    • Night School
    • Online classes
  • Home Schooling options, perhaps if the parent or guardian went to school for teaching (a possible new career), or has certain skill level requirements met
  • Boarding Schools that cater to certain skills or personalities (the return of Military School for those who do poorly grade-wise?!)
  • Options for teens to drop out of high school, which would give them a negative earned trait and perhaps make it so that they can not have certain careers

Keeping the focus on schooling and learning, there could be a new Educator career for adults, and perhaps a part time Tutoring career for teens... though if they are adding in part time jobs for adults with Island Living, they could add a Tutoring and Substitute Teacher PT job here for adults and elders also.

Maybe there could be a new trait that is something along the lines of "Loves Learning" with a new aspiration where they want to acquire more than one degree or certificate from higher education.

Please let me know what you think! Am I missing anything important? Is there something else you'd love to see?
Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    If all those education options for teens-children are for just more go nowhere rabbit hole schools , then ill pass. I do not like rabbit holes. And I have wanted non-rabbit hole education for yearssssssss.

"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    If all those education options for teens-children are for just more go nowhere rabbit hole schools , then ill pass. I do not like rabbit holes. And I have wanted non-rabbit hole education for yearssssssss.

I mean, obviously the boarding schools I'm thinking of would be rabbit holes, but most of the other options, I would think, have the ability to be non-rabbit hole education experiences. Personally, rabbit holes do not bother me much most of the time, but I see the appeal of non-rabbit holes as well. =]
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sakuske1 wrote: »
    Traditional University, with dorms and student housing and frats and sororities and the likes
    How about traditional university where you don't have to live in dorms or student housing, and can continue to live at home while you attend classes? That's been the tradition for 90% of my friends. Dorms and student housing are typically just for international and rural students. Frat houses and sororities don't exist here either, making them far from traditional.

I'd like an option where you can set your game so that your sims can not apply for certain jobs without completing the relevant university course. Who wants their doctor to be unqualified?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would like a regular University with dorms and also living on campus because it will technically be like a vacation location like previous uni. Expansion packs. I also would want sorority and fraternity houses. Just like the Sims 3 I also want to pick how long my sim stays for like two or four weeks drop out and go back again also have YA-Elders going to school. I would also online classes idea it can be like the work from home assignments Sims having a deadline to complete the assignment task.
    I would also like a schooling for toddler to go to daycare for a bit I wouldn't want to follow teens and kids to school though but I would like more game play like again the stay at home assignments task give kids extra credit assignment task like if they find a bug or a plant to take to school to bump grade like they did in Sims 3 I loved those tasks also add field trips for the kids again I really don't care for it to be a rabbit hole and for homework write what they learn on the field trip or have read a book and write book reports.
    Teens I want School Dances, Prep Rallies, Homecoming, Prom, School Elections, Picture Day, Yearbook, I also want a high school diploma for Sims so I can hang on the wall like birth certificate and also college certificates and degrees. I also want them to study for college if they want to go to to college like the SAT and ACT. I also want for both kids teens to have an after school club like they did in Sims 3. I wouldn't know how this would work but I also would like the teens to know what highschool year class their in like Freshman, Sophomore, etc... So people won't get confused about teens and YA like having high school student above their name and freshman year.
    edited June 2019
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Prep Rallies
    What are they? Are they anything like the student strikes that have been happening in Europe and Australia?
    Homecoming
    What exactly is that? A homecoming usually means you've been away for a lengthy period of time, and are returning home in celebration. SO who is it who goes away, where do they go, how long are they gone, and why the celebration when they return.
    School Elections
    ...? Never had those at school.... What are you voting for?
    Yearbook
    Are they a real thing? Are they like an every year thing? I grew up in the sticks, we had emus, and kangaroos at school. And a evil wombat, who was a grump, and attempted to kill every male they tried to put in with her. But we never had any 'yearbook'
    high school diploma
    Are they even a thing? I didn't get one of them, I got a SACE certificate. Which, depending on your chosen subjects for stage 2, can jump you into the second year of uni in the US. I didn't do enough of those subjects, and so just danced about at TAFE. Technically I could go and jump right into a 3rd year..? 4th year? design course at uni, and save myself the hassle of starting from first year.

I also want them to study for college if they want to go to to college like the SAT and ACT.
    I'm going to assume that that is somewhat similar to a SACE thing... except we don't study specifically for it.

I also would like the teens to know what highschool year class their in like Freshman, Sophomore, etc... So people won't get confused about teens and YA like having high school student above their name and freshman year.
    That sounds really confusing...

For 'highschool' we usually call it by the year. Eg year 10, year 11, year 12... then you get the freaks like me who also have year 13, cos I wanted to do extra subjects... then I did year 14 at a senior college, cos I'd changed my mind about what I wanted to study after school.

TAFE is by certificate, cert 2, cert 3, diploma, advanced diploma, or just by course, cos you often do more than one cert at a time.

And our uni students are usually called first year, second year, third year, fourth year, why are you still here? Masters, Honours, haven't you had enough education yet? Go get a job!

Nothing quite like stuff like this getting lost in translation. I really don't quite get what people are on about when they're talking about the US education system. I've got a far better chance of understanding a British person blather on about pudding.

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Movotti I will try to explain what each of these things are to the best of my knowledge. I didn't really participate in much of this when I went to school cause I was boring so I might get some of it wrong. :p
    -Pep Rallies are assemblies that can happen during or after school to get students hyped for big football/basketball games. Its a way to show your school team support.
    -Homecoming is a school dance that happens at the start of a new school year to welcome students back to school. Sort of like prom but smaller and for everyone, not just juniors(year 11) and seniors(year 12). They also have elections for homecoming king and queen and their "royal court." They don't have any purpose as far as I know. Mostly just a popularity contest.
    -At high schools here, we have class representatives (president/vice president) for every grade. In order to gain this title, we have elections. Not really sure what they are meant to do except represent your class in some way? Maybe plan school field trips and dances? Like I said I never really participated in these kinds of things in school. lol
    -Yearbooks are indeed an every year thing. They have pictures of every student, club, and any special event that happens during the year, dances included. Usually they are more important to the seniors(year 12) since its their last year but anyone can buy one if they want one.
    -Yes high school diplomas are real. You receive a temporary diploma at a graduation ceremony then they send the real one to you by mail.
    -Ok here is where I might need some additional help explaining as they were not a mandatory thing when I was in high school so I never took them. Basically, the ACTs and SATs are required tests you have to take if you want to get in to college or university. They will look at your SAT scores to determine if your grades are good enough to get in. We don't specifically study for them either but sometimes they have extra after school classes where you can if you want to. Or you can study for them on your own.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    Movotti wrote: »
    Prep Rallies
    What are they? Are they anything like the student strikes that have been happening in Europe and Australia?
    Homecoming
    What exactly is that? A homecoming usually means you've been away for a lengthy period of time, and are returning home in celebration. SO who is it who goes away, where do they go, how long are they gone, and why the celebration when they return.
    School Elections
    ...? Never had those at school.... What are you voting for?
    Yearbook
    Are they a real thing? Are they like an every year thing? I grew up in the sticks, we had emus, and kangaroos at school. And a evil wombat, who was a grump, and attempted to kill every male they tried to put in with her. But we never had any 'yearbook'
    high school diploma
    Are they even a thing? I didn't get one of them, I got a SACE certificate. Which, depending on your chosen subjects for stage 2, can jump you into the second year of uni in the US. I didn't do enough of those subjects, and so just danced about at TAFE. Technically I could go and jump right into a 3rd year..? 4th year? design course at uni, and save myself the hassle of starting from first year.

I also want them to study for college if they want to go to to college like the SAT and ACT.
    I'm going to assume that that is somewhat similar to a SACE thing... except we don't study specifically for it.

I also would like the teens to know what highschool year class their in like Freshman, Sophomore, etc... So people won't get confused about teens and YA like having high school student above their name and freshman year.
    That sounds really confusing...

For 'highschool' we usually call it by the year. Eg year 10, year 11, year 12... then you get the freaks like me who also have year 13, cos I wanted to do extra subjects... then I did year 14 at a senior college, cos I'd changed my mind about what I wanted to study after school.

TAFE is by certificate, cert 2, cert 3, diploma, advanced diploma, or just by course, cos you often do more than one cert at a time.

And our uni students are usually called first year, second year, third year, fourth year, why are you still here? Masters, Honours, haven't you had enough education yet? Go get a job!

Nothing quite like stuff like this getting lost in translation. I really don't quite get what people are on about when they're talking about the US education system. I've got a far better chance of understanding a British person blather on about pudding.

Prep Rallies is school assembly that gets the school pumped for a sport like football, basketball, baseball, it's really fun and it's a chance to get away from the normal learning and studying and going to class it doesn't happen at least twice a year one just before Homecoming and at the end of school for the senior class year whose leaving the school.

Homecoming like I said before first it's the prep rally also girls and boys can compete for homecoming King and Queen not as popular as Prom King and Queen then it's the Homecoming dance usually after the big sports game when or lose we still go to the dance and have fun.

School Elections is voting for what student should be Class President, Vice Pres. Student Treasury, Student Event Coordinator etc. So the class president has all these ideas to make the school better. VP is like if the Pres is sick they takeover, Student Treasury handles school expenses so let's say the school does a school car wash to get funds for the school Student Treasury needs to be there.
    Student Event Coordinator handles school events like the dances like homecoming or prom but it all has to me in the school expenses.

Yearbook is basically like a school photo album for memory of the time you went to school I just thought it would be a little something special to add to the game.

Highschool Diploma is a thing it's proof that you completed highschool it's just like in the game if you have the baby in the hospital in your inventory you have a birth certificate that you can hang up on the wall well I just thinking hanging up the highschool Diploma just like birth certificate.

SAT and ACT is a test for college not everyone has to take it unless your very serious about going into college.

So that year 10, 11, and 12 etc. We call it both actually 9th grade/year is freshman, 10 grade/year is Sophomore, 11 grade/year is Junior and 12 grade/year is Senior year that last year before you go to college or start your life as an adult.

Same thing but again we call it Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year. The degrees we have or AA, BA, you go two years for an AA degree and four years for BA. Masters Degree and Doctoral Degree which 8 in half years to get.

Now do I want it to go all like this in the game no just want it added game play especially for A school/University game pack. I feel like I and others already explained all this to you before on this site.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I have a question- does U.S. have election for "speaker" for graduation?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes I really want to see these things. I homeschool my own daughter and would love to my Sims kids too haha
  • MimiDreamMimiDream Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm pretty sure this is where i post ideas about a unviersity/collage right well here i go I was thinking that in unviersity we can get like soccer, baseball, volley ball, ping pong any other fun activity sports as well as for teens to be able to go up until there adults and graduate as well as including cheerleaders, pet rallys, not to mention that i think it would be great that the sims could learn based off of active carrers that are in place you know so they attend classes bassed on them to learn more and decide what to really become when they finally hit adult hood as well as the fact that there should be cliques you know like geeks, jocks, cheer squad, cool, normal cliques like that and wiht goths to and as for club activities maybe chess club, la cross, badmitten uh swimming, track, exercising in a gym that has exersise equipment which would be easy to make since we have alot of that as well as maybe they even do a cafeteria on campus and we have our sims go there and eat and talk in there corrective cliques as well as the fact tha ti know cars wont be a thing but could skate boards and scooters be a thing since bikes were i just find it kinda cool and the sims could easily live on the campus and have like many dormatories involving the cliques that way each of the sims can have there own cliques to hang out with all day and maybe pranks could be included as well it would be so awesome if it was like that and frat parties included as well so what do you all think of my huge ideas :D
    MadameLee wrote: »

That's called a valedictorian the school committee votes you in but you have to work hard on your academics for that honor.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Well at my high school, the class valedictorian (person who finishes with highest grade point average) gave the main commencement speech, but anyone who finished in the top 10 or was in an elected position in the class was allowed to speak if they wanted. Not sure how others do it.

Back on topic, I would love to see University expanded to explore school for all ages. I especially love the preschool idea! I would love my toddlers to meet one another and play and grow up together. It's tough to get them together in the game now. The toddler play date event never works right for me.
    @fruitsbasket101 @Briana2425

I am slightly less confused... only slightly.

The prep rallies still confuse me... we had no school sports team. I can't really imagine what they're like.
    Once a year, we had a school sports day, in which the school is divided into 4 teams, each having it's own colours, and competing against each other in track and field sports. In years 8-10, I was good at long jump, high jump, and throwing things such as shot put, javelin, and discus.
    I live near a primary school, and they too have a sports day each year... they have it very loudly.

How about a school pack have a 'school dance' option, where the player dictates what sort of dance it is.
    You can call it a homecoming, or a prom, and I might call it a blue light disco, or a school formal. We can each choose the dress code, the music, the catering, the decorations and the location.
    Choose the competitions, you can have your royalty, someone else might want a jive dance comp, while someone else wants a limbo.

It would be so much better to have more options, rather than more restrictions. Let each of us choose our own traditions, celebrations, and style of schooling.

You want home schooling? That's ok! I want school of the air.

Want a fancy graduation? Go for it! But there also needs to be an option to not have one, and just have your end of year results received in the post, or by email.

School lunches? Build your own school options. Don't build any facilities, and everyone has to byo. Build a cafeteria or lunch room, if you want, or just plop a tuck shop food vendor, and have it manned by the parents of students.

The game needs more options, more flexibility, more ways for us to create our own game setting.

Movotti wrote: »
    @fruitsbasket101 @Briana2425

I am slightly less confused... only slightly.

The prep rallies still confuse me... we had no school sports team. I can't really imagine what they're like.
    Once a year, we had a school sports day, in which the school is divided into 4 teams, each having it's own colours, and competing against each other in track and field sports. In years 8-10, I was good at long jump, high jump, and throwing things such as shot put, javelin, and discus.
    I live near a primary school, and they too have a sports day each year... they have it very loudly.

How about a school pack have a 'school dance' option, where the player dictates what sort of dance it is.
    You can call it a homecoming, or a prom, and I might call it a blue light disco, or a school formal. We can each choose the dress code, the music, the catering, the decorations and the location.
    Choose the competitions, you can have your royalty, someone else might want a jive dance comp, while someone else wants a limbo.

It would be so much better to have more options, rather than more restrictions. Let each of us choose our own traditions, celebrations, and style of schooling.

You want home schooling? That's ok! I want school of the air.

Want a fancy graduation? Go for it! But there also needs to be an option to not have one, and just have your end of year results received in the post, or by email.

School lunches? Build your own school options. Don't build any facilities, and everyone has to byo. Build a cafeteria or lunch room, if you want, or just plop a tuck shop food vendor, and have it manned by the parents of students.

The game needs more options, more flexibility, more ways for us to create our own game setting.

Now where did I say we should have restrictions on these things? No where. there my ideas that I think would be fun to incorporate in the game especially since we never really focused on teens and kids going to school. Now should there be a toggle to turn all that off yeah not everyone participate in the prep rallies and etc. In my opinion the reason why I want this is to add more game play since I really don't want to follow kids and teens to and around school like GTW. I also want to do more with the kids and teens though since in RL schooling is the main focus in their lives why not have it in the game with toggles of course and also how you want your sim child and teens to learn.
  • DamndejahDamndejah Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see in University / Go To School

- Professor / Teacher Specific Careers & the option to travel with them to work (maybe with the Get To Work expansion)
    - Build / Buy Mode for Community Lots for Schools, Dorms, Shopping Centers & the lots function to the full purpose. (School functions like a school etc..)
    - More Part time jobs for students.
    - Semester specific, & grade specific (freshman etc..)
    - IF POSSIBLE LESS LOAD SCREENS!
    - Fully properly functional Roommate !
    - Student Housing
    - The ability to select a major & minor for the student sim.
    - More careers to go along with majors
    - Graduation Event
    - More Traits
    - Home Schooling Option
    - follow School schedule
    - School Mascots
    - Rival School / Different School Districts
    - School Sports + Cheerleaders
    - School Clubs
    - HS Diploma Achievement
    - College Diploma Achievement
    - Major Completion Achievement
    - Toddler Education Programs
    - Child Education Programs
    - Private Schooling Options
    - Pep Rally School Events
    - Big Testing Day School Events
    - Homecoming School Events
    - Yearbook School Photos in Memories
    - Truancy for skipping school

That’s it for now .....
    Now where did I say we should have restrictions on these things? No where.
    I never said you did...

Damndejah wrote: »
    - More Traits
    A non-studious trait. So your sim is easily distracted, meaning you need to follow them to class more often, to keep them paying attention, and doing their work, rather than slacking off and mucking around.