November 15 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here

Strangetown Stories - A Maxis Premades Story Blog

MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 43 Member
Welcome to Strangetown Stories

Introduction Post

strangetown_story.jpg
“Truth-seekers move to Strangetown hoping to discover the secrets the town holds. Do aliens live among us? Do missing Sims mysteriously appear here? In this town nothing is what it seems.”

This is a story blog using the premade playable sims from Strangetown. Rules and mods I use are listed in the introduction post. I'll try to update daily or at the very least, every other day, but may struggle due to work and real life commitments.


Main Story
Part 1 - The Beakers
Part 2 - The Curious Brothers
Part 3 - Kristen Loste & Ajay Loner
Part 4 - The Grunts
Part 5 - The Smiths
Part 6 - Olive Specter & Ophelia Nigmos
Interlude 1
Part 7 - University!
Part 8 - Little Sigurd's Big Day (The Beakers)
Part 9 - A Curious Wedding (The Curiouses)
Part 10 - Climbing the Career Ladder (Ajay Loner & Kristen Loste - filler)
Part 11 - Severed Ties (The Grunts)
Strangetown History Lessons
These posts are not necessary to read and enjoy the story, but if you are not familiar with the sims of Strangetown, it's highly recommended you read these so you can follow along. These will be scattered fairly randomly whenever I have the time to slot writing one in.
Strangetown History Lessons 1 - Glarn Curious
Post edited by Magnezone on

Comments

  • KaronKaron Posts: 1,460 Member
    I love Strangetown so much, its cool reading about it. I wish the devs would remake the classic neighborhoods on newer sim games to show us how they think that things would have happened, i now that we have a small peek at the future of Strangetown in PSP btw. I'll be reading your story whenever i find a little moment to...
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 43 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I love Strangetown so much, its cool reading about it. I wish the devs would remake the classic neighborhoods on newer sim games to show us how they think that things would have happened, i now that we have a small peek at the future of Strangetown in PSP btw. I'll be reading your story whenever i find a little moment to...
    I love the families too, and I do wish Maxis would go back to focusing on older sims rather than adding in so many new ones, or "alternate universes" like they've done with The Sims 4 (Katrina Caliente who????). The Sims 3 did a "before The Sims 2" timeline, and I did appreciate that, but the ages were so off for most of the recurring sims, i.e. Kaylynn Langerak and Bella Bachelor wouldn't be children at the same time as Mortimer Goth, but I'd love for The Sims 5 to show the future of the Strangetown and Pleasantview sims, at the very least.

    As for the PSP The Sims 2, I played it for a bit and found it very confusing. I don't tend to be fan of how the spinoff console/handheld games play, but maybe I could go back to it. I do tend to like the characters in the side games though such as Dusty Hogg, and hope we'll see them in a main series game eventually. I've considered remaking them and playing as them myself.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 1,460 Member
    Magnezone wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    I love Strangetown so much, its cool reading about it. I wish the devs would remake the classic neighborhoods on newer sim games to show us how they think that things would have happened, i now that we have a small peek at the future of Strangetown in PSP btw. I'll be reading your story whenever i find a little moment to...
    I love the families too, and I do wish Maxis would go back to focusing on older sims rather than adding in so many new ones, or "alternate universes" like they've done with The Sims 4 (Katrina Caliente who????). The Sims 3 did a "before The Sims 2" timeline, and I did appreciate that, but the ages were so off for most of the recurring sims, i.e. Kaylynn Langerak and Bella Bachelor wouldn't be children at the same time as Mortimer Goth, but I'd love for The Sims 5 to show the future of the Strangetown and Pleasantview sims, at the very least.

    As for the PSP The Sims 2, I played it for a bit and found it very confusing. I don't tend to be fan of how the spinoff console/handheld games play, but maybe I could go back to it. I do tend to like the characters in the side games though such as Dusty Hogg, and hope we'll see them in a main series game eventually. I've considered remaking them and playing as them myself.

    I kinda understand why they changed Katrina's previous name... N-Word similarities, but they never made that clear to us, and i hated it for so long before knowing why. But, yes, i hate the alternate universe thing... I just want to see their lives progressing with each new iteration. The worlds too... I would pay so much money to see how Old Town from Sims 1 looks in Sims 4! I like new worlds, but would love to see old ones alongside the new ones. Not necessarily a sequel, but a remake would be good too... like, i have rebuilt sims 1 houses in SIms 4 and they look kinda pathetic, so i am ok with seeing them improved like, maybe an empty goth house since they moved to Willow Creek/Pleasantview, but with hints that Alexander was bron there, you know?! haha
    The ages were off for most of the recurring sims in SIms 3, indeed. I made a way to calculate how old they would be, and Kaylynn should be a kid in Sims 1, not in SIms 3. I tried to send the simgurus my method of calculation, but no one saw/cared for what i was saying.
    The only thing i don't like in the Sims 2 for PSP is that Nervous is straight and dead (he has a girlfriend and is a ghost), but... ehh
    Also, i was so dissapointed when they announced Strangerville, girl... Everything was telling me that they were going to remake Strangetown in SIms 4, but then they announced it... Another weird town... Seems like if they are from another comapny trying to pay hoamge to Strangetown, but ITS THEIR PROPERTY. Like, i know that the new world has all that storyline, but whats the problem with including it in Strangetowns future?! Would be so fun to see it... At least they are similar and i can bulldoze some lots and replace with sims 2 recreations, but i would love ot have an official version isntead of having to make it myself.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 9
    Magnezone wrote: »
    As for the PSP The Sims 2, I played it for a bit and found it very confusing. I don't tend to be fan of how the spinoff console/handheld games play, but maybe I could go back to it. I do tend to like the characters in the side games though such as Dusty Hogg, and hope we'll see them in a main series game eventually. I've considered remaking them and playing as them myself.

    I just finished Sims 2 PSP in the last week, and recorded lots of things to recreate in both Sims 2 and 3. Theres a lot of characters in it who would canonically be living in Strangetown alongside the ones you know, who might add some fun diversity to your strangetown game. I'll list the new characters in a spoiler tag.

    Oscar Del Fuego: A car mechanic with some strange eccentric behaviour, he would be one of the town's main tinkerers. Not sure about much else in how he would fit.

    Deputy Duncan: Cop with a stereotypical desert sheriff look, is largely important to the PC version due to his family founding Strangetown, I assume his name is thus Duncan Strange.

    Mambo Loa: Voodoo lady whos a cameo from the older Urbz series, would be good for the paranormal career, and voodoo shenanigans with the doll from Twikii Island

    Rossum family: Isaac is a plain-as-day reference to Will Wright, and built a robotic wife, Roberta. Not sure how Roberta would be handled on PC, as shes essentially a Servo with a humanlike skin, disguise, but Isaac could easily be the robotics talent badge specialist for Strangetown

    Dominic Newlow: A former EMT/doctor, this guy is the supervillain of Strangetown, as Doctor Dominion. Would be fun to have him plot what he does in Sims 2 PSP in this earlier timeframe.

    Hazel Dente: A women with four mysteriously dead husbands in the PSP version, in this point of the timeline she would likely be still living with Dennis, her fourth husband, who haunts your home in his swimwear. Her three previous husbands do not have confirmed last names, nor appearances, but Dennis does, so they can be created easily enough.

    Roland Calenzo: He would pretty much be a townie, probably with a slacker career, he cleaned pools for a living before hooking up with Hazel

    Howell family: This one is somewhat important, Annie Howell was Nervous Subject's girlfriend from before he lived with the Beakers, and she is also a werewolf. She has anger issues, some of which are caused by belief that Nervous abandoned her. Her older brother Hoot would likely be an adult near the end of his life stage by now, Hoot's main purpose was as a bartender.

    Virginia Feng: The series' first 'serious' vampire iirc, Virginia is a piano-playing vampire that hates being one, and is searching for a cure, and hates getting involved with others, as she cant control her biting habits and hates feeding off others. In Sims 3 she would have the Vegetarian trait, and would also go well in Sims 4, but in 2 PC, would be harder to implement; especially as in the PSP version she looks completely normal!

    Sinjin Balani: This guy is a cousin of the Curious brothers, and leads a cult to do with cows. No idea how that part would come into play in 2, but you could at the very least have him as a paranormal career townie, linked to the Curious family as a cousin in SimPE. He has a whole bunch of cultists under his wing, all of whom have some personality, but again, not sure how that would translate to PC.

    Townies: The game has specific set townies just like PC, who aren't randomly generated at all, and they even all have specific personalities. They would be nifty additions to the town to vary it up, and they dont have the usual townie names either. There is even a scientist in there whose life's work is simply to ruin whatever Lazlo does!
    Karon wrote: »
    The only thing i don't like in the Sims 2 for PSP is that Nervous is straight and dead (he has a girlfriend and is a ghost), but... ehh

    Well, in Strangetown PC, hes not exactly gay, just dislikes women :p True, this is open for player interpretation in just that release, but with Sims 2 PSP, connecting the two makes me see it as him never moving on from Annie, as according to that game, he was abducted by the Beakers, leading to Annie thinking he had abandoned her and run away, when he had never lost his love for her; its why he haunts the Espiritu Estate, he cant move on because of it. His personality is totally fried at the start of Sims 2 PC as well, with his zero points in anything but Active, and his genetic normal personality visible. (I always change him to a grilled cheese sim due to this, with his original Family as a secondary)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top