Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic: Ideas and Wishes of us Simmers for Simgurus!

Okay so, as title suggests, I wanted to make this thread and drop in as many ideas as we can get for Simgurus to potentially implement. You may enter yours too and I will edit and add them!
I can include obvious ideas too, but so far have written what is new or would like a return of.

So far the ideas are:

-dragons, similar to Makin Magic. They can sleep in fireplace! Under cauldron?

-duels with spells (love Makin Magic)

-self sweeping broom (like roomba that magically sweeps floor by itself)

-telekinesis type spells (like, woosh with hands/wand and the magic broom starts cleaning, or dishes fly to the sink themselves, or toys and books fly to their locations to be put away. Like magical cleaning and for other fun uses!
Like movies Matilda, Stranger Things, etc.)

-magic rituals? Circles with complex alchemical pentagram and hooded sims.

-levitating books

-new spell ingredients (mermaid scale, butterfly wings, bat legs, etc)

-evil and good spells that are fun and not just mood/emotion buffs (turn into frog is classic, would be fun to see turn sims into tiny size or large size like furniture in build/buy, or summon tiny rain cloud above them to make them wet curse, make them walk backwards, or trip and fall constantly. As for good spells, they get musical sparkly farts/burps ahaha, etc)

-flying broom games (like basketball game, but with more sims, perhaps quidditch style?)

-more magical dangers

-talking/cawing raven that delivers magical mail? Or owl/hippogryoh/phoenix, whatever

-medieval wooden decor/furniture

What are your ideas? Let me know so I can add them in!

Comments

• EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited June 2019
    Your suggestions are absolute goals. Makin' magic did magic best because it was a new style, and not copying a franchise like TS2 and TS3's magic (wizard of oz and harry potter I guess?). It was magic for the everyday sim, practical, funny, quirky and mysterious.

I'd love:
    -Enchantment spell from Makin' Magic: gnomes and other garden decorations come to life. They could expand it to enchanting certain objects: full-length mirrors could be enchanted to work like portals or talking mirrors like in TS3, bookcases could be enchanted to have books flying around.

-The magic world where you go to get ingredients or magical items can't be accessed by normal sims. Hence "realm of magic" being exclusive to witches/wizards.

-Magical forms or outfits like the beauty or beast charm in Makin' magic.

Honestly, I'd love if they brought back the magic book from TS1 with all its various spells. All of those spells had special uses in everyday life: love, friendship, banishing annoying people, turning them into frogs.. etc.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Yes, yes, yes to all of this!

To add to the good spells, I think there should be some spells to cure Sims of vampirism or diseases. Pets could be able to be cured too. There should also be spells to fix the needs of other Sims if they want as well.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Yes, yes, yes to all of this!

To add to the good spells, I think there should be some spells to cure Sims of vampirism or diseases. Pets could be able to be cured too. There should also be spells to fix the needs of other Sims if they want as well.

Oh good idea! Lots of good witches in lore help cure diseases and help people feel better. In fact, my grandma herself was cured by a white witch back in Russia when she was little. She told me she was 6, ran around and fell and got a big cut on her cheek that got infected and puffed up to size of a large adult fist or an orange. And so my great grandma took her to this old nice lady who lived in woods, she whispered something and threw herbs around her, then sweeped them into cloth and told to bury it in garden, and this illness will pass. So they did, and next day that giant cyst ruptured and all pus leaked away, leaving small scar along jaw line so it's well hidden. And yes she did try doctor before but procedure was told to be expensive and may leave permanent large scarring on face so they wanted to try something else.
    Oh nice! I kind of want there to be a middle ground between good and evil though, like there could be a Mischief category of spells.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I was thinking about build/buy objects and I hope it comes with spiral staircases (and L-shaped, too). I hope like in the sims 3 supernatural we get rocking chairs and rocking horses. I would love to see some old/vintage wallpaper and more decor items among other things. As for the witches themselves, I kinda hope it's somewhat like Harry Potter and Hocus Pocus.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    Could they possibly add in some ruby slippers and striped stockings in CAS as a shoutout?
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    I want it to have interactions with other content:
    •duel with vampires using magic
    •influence weather
    •cat and dog familiars
    •club activities

And I hope for a magic perk system similar to the celebrity perk system with traits and quirks!
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES to Dragons! Especially with the Game of Thrones fever still running some fans crazy over the finale, they should to something congruent to when TS3 Supernatural used some Twilight lore with the sunscreen for vampires.
    I wish to see a return of alchemy. I would like some sort of gameplay that is integrated to those with SEASONS installed with respect to weather manipulation. Maybe freezing foes, or sunburning nosy neighbours until they catch ablaze. I wouldn't mind having to train my magical skills to create a rainstorm either.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5768027

• RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    I hope they incorporate the voodoo doll we have with some similar items. I would also like to learn spells from books, not the computer and maybe have sims create their own potions/spells. I would make a witch who doesn't use any electronics so a great addition to the pack would be typewriters or even paper/notepads that when filled can be turned into a book. even just doing this for three spells like how we have 3 skill books per skill would be perfect to me. I also think it would be incredible to give witches the ability to transform into a cat if you have cats and dogs. They can save the dogs for a werewolf pack or let witches do that too but to me id like them seperate. Lastly, I hope they include all the witch powers there are in the coven season of american horror story.