Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying Island Living?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Yes, I will buy Island Living once it releases
    I'll probably get it on sale. I would have preferred something a little more "useful" though...like, did anyone want this? I know there are people that are excited for this now that it's been announced, but I just kind of groaned when I saw it.

I kind of feel like the community is like this right now:

Community: *wants University, driveable cars, spiral staircases, more familial connections, actual consequences because of/to stir up drama, sims to have more traits, a color wheel, etc*
    Sims Team: YOU GUYZ WANT AN ISLAND?? HERE'S AN ISLAND :DDD"

Again, I know some people (a lot of people?) are really excited for this new expansion! And it *looks* great. But, personally, I feel like there are more pressing issues with the game that need addressing than what this expansion will likely deliver.

A lot of people have been wanting mermaids. Sure, witches is the top occult wanted, but I assume that we're getting those in the next pack in September. It makes sense to put them there as witches might sell better closer to Halloween.
    I've actually seen mermaids mentioned a lot in occult related topics. They've definitely been wanted.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know yet...
    I'll probably get it on sale. I would have preferred something a little more "useful" though...like, did anyone want this? I know there are people that are excited for this now that it's been announced, but I just kind of groaned when I saw it.

I kind of feel like the community is like this right now:

Community: *wants University, driveable cars, spiral staircases, more familial connections, actual consequences because of/to stir up drama, sims to have more traits, a color wheel, etc*
    Sims Team: YOU GUYZ WANT AN ISLAND?? HERE'S AN ISLAND :DDD"

Again, I know some people (a lot of people?) are really excited for this new expansion! And it *looks* great. But, personally, I feel like there are more pressing issues with the game that need addressing than what this expansion will likely deliver.

A lot of people have been wanting mermaids. Sure, witches is the top occult wanted, but I assume that we're getting those in the next pack in September. It makes sense to put them there as witches might sell better closer to Halloween.
    I've actually seen mermaids mentioned a lot in occult related topics. They've definitely been wanted.

Yes a LOT of people are really excited. The evidence of that is all over the social media where the simmers are gathering. It's just that we want other things also.

University is more of a useful feature. Yes. And ill be 10xs more pumped for it. Especially if I also get a education pack for all ages.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know yet...
    *bloop*
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    CatSaarCatSaar Posts: 45 Member
    Yes, I will preorder Island Living
    Already preordered as I'm getting it for my bday since that's the day of release. Woop Woop. Sims team I seriously applaud you for this pack! When I saw the build and buy overview I was on the verge of tears. It's the most gorgeous collection!! And I can't wait to enjoy all the new gameplay! I'm so stoked
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I will be pre ordering sometime soon hopefully. I usually go with Origin even though Origin is the devil.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I will buy it the day it releases. With the game releasing on friday and me working fri-sun I won't have much time to play it until monday plus I get paid friday. I def. want it though, I've been waiting for another location spot for my sims to go that involved beaches.

Its too bad Maxis doesn't release games a few days early (aka tuesday) for pre-orders like other EA games but apparently because its an expansion and not a "new game" its not the same. Otherwise I would pre-order it if there was incentive too.
  • Options
    caicosbethcaicosbeth Posts: 2 New Member
    I pre-ordered and I am VERY unhappy with the IL game. I really enjoyed scuba diving in Sims 3 except for all the glitches, so when I saw the photo of happy divers on the IL game page, I made my first pre-order. Guess what? All you see when scuba diving are bubbles on the surface!!! What the heck is that about? Why did I have my Sim buy a harpoon and a knife and an underwater camera? So I could sit at the surface like a boat operator and watch bubbles? I gave my sim the nature enthusiast option which gives you collector as well. You cannot find any gems, insects or any other plant than the few new ones they added with IL. You have to go to Granite Falls to collect anything (if you have it). If you loved diving in Sims 3, don't buy Island Living!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    caicosbeth wrote: »
    I pre-ordered and I am VERY unhappy with the IL game. I really enjoyed scuba diving in Sims 3 except for all the glitches, so when I saw the photo of happy divers on the IL game page, I made my first pre-order. Guess what? All you see when scuba diving are bubbles on the surface!!! What the heck is that about? Why did I have my Sim buy a harpoon and a knife and an underwater camera? So I could sit at the surface like a boat operator and watch bubbles? I gave my sim the nature enthusiast option which gives you collector as well. You cannot find any gems, insects or any other plant than the few new ones they added with IL. You have to go to Granite Falls to collect anything (if you have it). If you loved diving in Sims 3, don't buy Island Living!

Sadly, you got taken by the hype train sadly the very short hype video that was used did not have depth to it. I now do not rely on the candy for your eyes videos and just wait for actual gameplay videos. I also will never pay full price for anything to do with Sims 4 as I do not believe it is worth full price.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    No, I will not buy or preorder Island Living

I didn't even know your sim had to have a harpoon, knife and camera for that career. I agree with you, what is the point of all of that if we can't even see our sims use them? All the real information coming out about the pack now is so disappointing because for the first time, I was seriously thinking about buying it, something I thought I would never consider.

The $40 I saved from not buying this got spent at the Steam summer sale instead, but honestly, I would have gladly spent it on this pack if it had more to it. :/
  • Options
    SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    I am actually considering doing so, especially because the mermaid feature was unexpected when I frist saw it on the trailer - and I immediately loved it. But I also wanted to buy seasons ever since it was released, so I'll have to think which one is better.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, but I always wait for packs to go on sale.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I am actually considering doing so, especially because the mermaid feature was unexpected when I frist saw it on the trailer - and I immediately loved it. But I also wanted to buy seasons ever since it was released, so I'll have to think which one is better.

Honestly? Between those two, go with seasons :)
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I will get it once it goes on sale.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I think I'll probably end up buying it, but I'm not in a rush. I'm currently playing a Victorian save, so I really only want Island Living for some of the objects and not the gameplay. There are other packs I don't have yet that would be more useful, so that I'll get those first. Plus the island living concept doesn't seem that exciting or interesting to me even when I'm playing modern-day saves tbh.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I will buy it once it's worth like a game pack because it feels like a game pack, not a full expansion.
    So I'm waiting for 50-70% sale.
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Well, Seasons is much better but feels like it should’ve come with base game. However I don’t regret buying it. Island Living would be an outstanding game pack... other than that I pretty much hate it and it feels like only the visuals are good. From that, I think you can decide which is best.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Sadly, you got taken by the hype train sadly the very short hype video that was used did not have depth to it. I now do not rely on the candy for your videos and just wait for actual gameplay videos. I also will never pay full price for anything to do with Sims 4 as I do not believe it is worth full price.

I also got taken by the hype train. Literally the reason I pre-ordered is because I had never felt so much hype for an EP and I thought I should treat myself. I really regret it :/
  • Options
    CatSaar wrote: »
    Already preordered as I'm getting it for my bday since that's the day of release. Woop Woop. Sims team I seriously applaud you for this pack! When I saw the build and buy overview I was on the verge of tears. It's the most gorgeous collection!! And I can't wait to enjoy all the new gameplay! I'm so stoked

Now that the pack’s released..l ar you still that excited?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Well, Seasons is much better but feels like it should’ve come with base game. However I don’t regret buying it. Island Living would be an outstanding game pack... other than that I pretty much hate it and it feels like only the visuals are good. From that, I think you can decide which is best.

Maybe but seasons never came with the base game. And although it would certainty be happy if one day it did, I wouldn't be counting on it :D
  • Options

Maybe but seasons never came with the base game. And although it would certainty be happy if one day it did, I wouldn't be counting on it :D

I mean obviously. I paid like $50 for seasons, so me and my bank account both know it didn’t come with the base game.
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Perhaps. If I see it on a big sale. To be honest I buy all my Sims expansions and packs on sale. Yes, I'm cheap and I consider Sims overpriced in general. But this goes double for IL. Would still be nice with additions to my game, I just don't want to pay much for it :D
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I pre-ordered it and am very happy with it. I collect Sims 4 packs.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member
    I don’t know yet...

I am probably gonna go with Island Living. Seasons is great, but knowing me I will regret if I don't buy Island living lol. But seasons will def be my next purchase.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2019
    I bought Island Living a few days ago. I've been playing it off and over the past three days. I like it so far. It's more social oriented than what I care for but other than that, it's been a nice change of pace from the other worlds. I'd rather be able to live in Selvadorada though.

It would have been nice it had been fleshed out more

My advice to anyone who doesn't have it yet is to wait for it to go on sale.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I don't know when I will be able to buy it as I broke my shoulder last week - it's fun being a klutz who faints now and then - Yay - but my "accident" resulting in emptying my account for the month - but you can believe this - as soon as I can replenish (next month) - Island Living is on my must have list.

Just found this today. Sorry about your accident and shoulder. Hoping it's much better by now. As for the pack, am still wait-and-see. Content is marginal for how I play, read too many unhappy threads in the forums, and less than happy with things that used to work now being reported as broken. If I do get it will be during a serious sale, as it does not come across as being worth the $40 EP price, more like a dazzly GP.