Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying Island Living?

Comments

• thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, I will buy Island Living once it releases
    I probably won't get it right away since I still have to buy my boyfriend a birthday gift this month. I'll probably get it sometime next month.

This expansion wasn't really on my wants list, but I think it looks great!
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Yes, I will preorder Island Living
    I had the money in my account and I have poor impulse control, so there’s a possibility that I might’ve already preordered it... :#
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    Already preordered, which is very unlike me. I just want this beautiful world in my game as soon as possible!
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    I'll be pre-ordering this friday ☺
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know yet...
    - removed by user -
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I will be buying on release day. I don't see the point in pre-ordering.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Honest question... what's the point of pre ordering anymore? lol I mean, everything's digital now anyway. If there were still physical copies to buy, I'd understand (I always pre ordered the packs before it went fully digital), but what's the point of doing so nowadays?

Impulse purchases. Obviously in the bad old days a preorder would guarantee that your physical copy would be available to you either in-store or via mail. But now, as you noted, that doesn't apply to today's digital storefronts that are open 24/7/365 for instant purchase and download. But what they do now is release trailers and then give you the ability to preorder on the spot. In the case of E3 this year there are even links to Amazon or proprietary storefronts that pop up on the screen right after the trailer concludes. And so it is a way to capture the impulse buyer in their own homes.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    No, I will not buy or preorder Island Living
    I won't be buying it.. because someone has already offered to gift it to me xD
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Yes, I want my Mermaids!!! <3<3
  • CeruleaCerulea Posts: 16 Member
    I'm planning on pre-ordering!
    However, I'm a bit hesitant, and I want to know more info before I click that pre-order button :3
    pFlklGp.png
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Already pre-ordered B)
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    The two things I love about the Sims is swimming in the sea, and University.

One down and one to go. Can't wait :)
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    Well I was thinking about it, but I have decided no.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know yet...
    I'm going to wait to see what gameplay issues arise. Also, not crazy about how the swimming, etc. seems limited to just the one world.
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I'm going to buy it. I don't know if I want to preorder or not. Origin always acts crazy when a new Sims is released. I hope there's hammocks and lounge chairs
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    As soon as I saw mermaids, it was an instant buy for me. It releases right around my anniversary, so I'm asking for it as an anniversary present! I'm not gonna pre-order it though, because I want to bundle it with Vampires and Vintage Glamour Stuff.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2019
    I will buy it on a sale because in my country this game costs a fortune.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I saw some replies of people who are talking about having all the packs & it made me think how I hope to have all the ts4 packs by the end of this year. So I’m writing it here so I can’t back out haha 😂
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Insta-buy for me. Has potential to be the best EP so far.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I have enough money to get it discounted, so I’m 99% sure I’ll get it! I love the beach, a lot, so this is the perfect pack for me. The clothes in the trailer look stunning, especially the hair on the main sim (who turns out to be a mermaid) in the trailer. It also looks like we have some new braided hair. And of course, MERMAIDS! I’m so excited!
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Already preordered, which is very unlike me. I just want this beautiful world in my game as soon as possible!

I never pre order but this pack well as a Sims 3 IP world lover there was no way I was going to wait lol :)
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I already pre-ordered it. It wasn't my first choice as a pack but it look like they did a pretty good job with the pack based on the trailer so I bought it.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Of course, this is my second favourite EP after Seasons!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Yes, I want to buy it. But I don't buy packs unless they are on sale, no matter how much I want them. It is too expensive for me otherwise. I'm in college.
    It seems like it will be a fun pack with a lot of offer. I watched the trailer and it looks like fun. Plus, I'm intrigued by the idea of mermaids. I want more Sim characters with special abilities. I like and play normal Sims, but I like the ones with fantastical elements as well and can't imagine not having vampires or aliens in my game. I assume that mermaids will have the same effect on me once I get them. Occults and the like just add so much fun to the game.
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I'll probably get it on sale. I would have preferred something a little more "useful" though...like, did anyone want this? I know there are people that are excited for this now that it's been announced, but I just kind of groaned when I saw it.

I kind of feel like the community is like this right now:

Community: *wants University, driveable cars, spiral staircases, more familial connections, actual consequences because of/to stir up drama, sims to have more traits, a color wheel, etc*
    Sims Team: YOU GUYZ WANT AN ISLAND?? HERE'S AN ISLAND :DDD"

Again, I know some people (a lot of people?) are really excited for this new expansion! And it *looks* great. But, personally, I feel like there are more pressing issues with the game that need addressing than what this expansion will likely deliver.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson