March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying Island Living?

Comments

• EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    No, I will not buy or preorder Island Living
    I really would like to buy but it is too expensive like any other packs, at least it is too expensive for me, thanks to my currency.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • mapletreesimsmapletreesims Posts: 13 New Member
    Yes, I will buy Island Living once it releases
    I am really excited about this pack, but I won’t buy it without looking at LGR’s review and deciding if it’s worth the full $40 or if I should wait for a sale.
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    I don't know because after today's Xbox E3 I am wondering if I want to switch to Xbox.. and if I do I don't want to buy more packs as I will need to re-buy everything!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Yes, I will preorder Island Living
    Already pre-ordered. :D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I'll buy both Island Living and the magic pack
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    For one, I don't get the concept of pre-ordering. You get the game like 1 day earlier for more money. So what? Why not wait another day? Two, I think I'll wait til it goes on sale or something because other expansion packs have not been worth the full price... I know I sound pessimistic but I really do enjoy TS4. It's just... a bit too much money for what we actually get and I've fallen into that trap before. I won't do it again.
  • bromstbromst Posts: 18 New Member
    I don’t know yet...
    As much as I'd like to I'm not entirely sure if I'd be able to run it (my computer lowkey sucks lol) but I'd def consider it
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    I honestly do want to pre-order it but I heard theres no real perk with preordering it. I'll still be buying it though lol!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    For one, I don't get the concept of pre-ordering. You get the game like 1 day earlier for more money. So what? Why not wait another day? Two, I think I'll wait til it goes on sale or something because other expansion packs have not been worth the full price... I know I sound pessimistic but I really do enjoy TS4. It's just... a bit too much money for what we actually get and I've fallen into that trap before. I won't do it again.

It's not for more money. It's exactly the same amount, at least here in the states.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • kr823kr823 Posts: 37 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    I will wait until it's on sale :)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I will buy it when it releases I do not preorder anymore since they removed the exclusive content for preorders. There's no advantage for me as I might be lucky and Target could put out a half off sale on release week would not be the first time.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    will probably wait couple weeks just to be sure it is as good as I think it is
    but probably end up buying it soon anyways
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    I'll be waiting for a sale. I've never bought any Sims 4 game at full price because I just don't feel like they're worth the prices listed. I think Island Living looks fantastic so far, but as with most other Sims 4 packs, it looks like it will be a watered down version of a previous generation Sims pack.

I was a little turned off during the EA Play conference how Lindsay said "they've taken the Sims to a lot of different worlds and a lot of different places, but we haven't yet really played with the idea of where the land and the water meet." I understand that it's a first for The Sims 4 but I hate when a new Sims 4 pack come out that's based off a previous generation pack and they sort of pretend like the older one didn't exist. There's very little from the Island Paradise announcement trailer that is actually gameplay that we've NEVER seen in a Sims game before.

Again, Island Living still looks like it will be a great addition to The Sims 4, but I can still get my island life fix with Sims 3 Island Paradise.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know yet...
    - removed by user -
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm more interested in the magic GP, but yes I will purchase this EP on release.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    edited June 2019
    I will be buying but will wait for a sale if I can wait that long lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    As soon as I have the discretionary income to purchase this, it is mine. But I buy everything lol. I estimate I'll be buying this with my July paycheck if I don't win it or have it gifted to me sooner.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’m hoping to preorder in store on Tuesday.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    I will wait for a sale.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Honest question... what's the point of pre ordering anymore? lol I mean, everything's digital now anyway. If there were still physical copies to buy, I'd understand (I always pre ordered the packs before it went fully digital), but what's the point of doing so nowadays?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I already preordered it yesterday after I watched the trailer? :sweat_smile:
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited June 2019
    i'll buy it once it's on sale, that isn't a comment on the content in particular, i just want it a bit cheaper.
    Post edited by doedear on
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    Eventually I probably will, but I don't buy any packs anymore until, 1: it's been out long enough to know what any bugs are and for either Maxis or modders to fix them and, 2: it's on sale. I just don't trust them anymore to shelve out full price without having the product tested out first.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I don’t know yet...
    I probably will buy IF it delivers on what's being promised. I could care less about mermaids, but I'm hoping the Conservation career will be very involved and I am very interested in the island changing if its not taken care of. Other than that I just want all the features named to be up to TS4 par. I will likely wait until others buy it and play it so I can have more feedback on it.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    Honest question... what's the point of pre ordering anymore? lol I mean, everything's digital now anyway. If there were still physical copies to buy, I'd understand (I always pre ordered the packs before it went fully digital), but what's the point of doing so nowadays?

I preorder so I don't need to think about buying it once it's released. I can just sit back now and wait for it to download on the release day. :D