Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic! Speculation!

Comments

• Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    If they add Zombies back I hope they won't be as annoying as the Sims 3 Zombies.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    If they add Zombies back I hope they won't be as annoying as the Sims 3 Zombies.

TS3 Zombies were so lame. But then, so were Mermaids and look at how much better they seem to be!
    If they bring back Zombies, I'd like to see them as a temporary state that Witches cause - for the living and dead. They should be controllable through the Witch that created them. Brutally murdering plants is not the direction to take them in.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2019
    Please have baby dragons! A baby bat pet would be awesome ^^^^^^^^.
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    I am so excited to hear about Realm of Magic ..... I can tell there are going to be "Witches" ... Woo Hoo

However, I did LOVE Sims 3 Supernatural ... I really miss and WANT
    Witches
    Magicians
    Genies
    Fairies
    Werewolves

I want spell books, crystal balls, flying brooms, tarot cards, magic shops, alchemy, spell casting, fairy tree houses, fairy wings ... You get the idea ... The more supernatural stuff the better I say ... hehe

Can't wait until we find out more .... Is it fall yet ???? ... LOL
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Freygea wrote: »
    Please have baby dragons! A baby bat pet would be awesome ^^^^^^^^.

yes dragons please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • pisceansimpisceansim Posts: 10 New Member
    So, some thoughts:

Firstly: I really, really hope that if the lifestate is witches, that they implement a similar system to vampires; you can make the witch you want as you work on magical ability. However, I would far rather magical sims gain aptitude and ability in different kinds of magic, as opposed to having more positive or negative presenting qualities or powers. Simply put: a magic system that allows your sim to use magic to their character; powers not determining if a sim is "good" or "bad", but rather the way they are used being a determining factor (think along the lines of reputation in get famous or character values in parenthood).

Second off: I would hope (and prefer) that the cas and build/buy vary pretty greatly from the style of vampires. Even wicked witches feel as though they and their clutter would be a bit warmer and cozier to me. Could there be dark, Bellatrix Lestrange like sims in the world? Sure. But should every magical sim feel that way? I certainly hope not. I'm more on the Harry Potter/Halloweentown vibes for our magical friends.

Lastly, and maybe this is more than I should hope for: I'm currently wishing for a new, magical-themed neighborhood... however, as a player since the makin magic days, I would really like almost a rabbit-hole world. Visitable of course - but something almost like Sixam? Ideally more in-depth, but I think that it acting like a diagon alley and being where magic ingredient and item acquisition was localized, would help a residential neighborhood in the pack feel more relevant to the other worlds, while still offering the ability for us to build that same idea in the new neighborhood, while keeping it more relevant for those who don't have a lot of interest in magic to make it more accessible for us all.

Cheers!
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    pisceansim wrote: »
    So, some thoughts:

Firstly: I really, really hope that if the lifestate is witches, that they implement a similar system to vampires; you can make the witch you want as you work on magical ability. However, I would far rather magical sims gain aptitude and ability in different kinds of magic, as opposed to having more positive or negative presenting qualities or powers. Simply put: a magic system that allows your sim to use magic to their character; powers not determining if a sim is "good" or "bad", but rather the way they are used being a determining factor (think along the lines of reputation in get famous or character values in parenthood).

Second off: I would hope (and prefer) that the cas and build/buy vary pretty greatly from the style of vampires. Even wicked witches feel as though they and their clutter would be a bit warmer and cozier to me. Could there be dark, Bellatrix Lestrange like sims in the world? Sure. But should every magical sim feel that way? I certainly hope not. I'm more on the Harry Potter/Halloweentown vibes for our magical friends.

Lastly, and maybe this is more than I should hope for: I'm currently wishing for a new, magical-themed neighborhood... however, as a player since the makin magic days, I would really like almost a rabbit-hole world. Visitable of course - but something almost like Sixam? Ideally more in-depth, but I think that it acting like a diagon alley and being where magic ingredient and item acquisition was localized, would help a residential neighborhood in the pack feel more relevant to the other worlds, while still offering the ability for us to build that same idea in the new neighborhood, while keeping it more relevant for those who don't have a lot of interest in magic to make it more accessible for us all.

Cheers!
    Love the idea, and totally agree. With the new pack I hope to see zero recycled content, and a totally new system for witches! Focusing on the world: I would love to see a swamp/marshy section, a woodsy fairy cottage section, and maybe a bustling town for occult needs, similar to diagonal alley!

• SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I really hope this pack is similar to Makin' Magic, where any sim can get the tools needed for spell casting and learn magic. My legacy family has an immortal vampire matriarch and I would LOVE it if she could practice magic as well!!! <3
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    The only thing i really want is for sims to be a witch and not just have a magic skill availeble for human sims i want them to be a full occult
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Not saying I want the aesthetic but they could base the magic off the Dragonlance mages. Of course I would actually love a Dragonlance pack.
    I only caught a glimpse but my toddler vampire was playing in the ocean and I swear a bubble popped into her queue that said playing were tag. I have her set to hug and pet the dog after she is done in the water and it just popped up.
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    some cross pack content with vampires would work like a Vamp conversion potion.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The only thing i really want is for sims to be a witch and not just have a magic skill availeble for human sims i want them to be a full occult

Yes!!!

I hope to see a really magical world with hopefully very little “normal” in it. Wishful thinking perhaps but oh well.

I also want to see witches being their own occult type and not a skill. If it is a skill then it will be available to too many sims. I want to be able to keep it as common or rare as I want in my own saves. Like aliens and vampires. Some of my saves are littered with the occult and in others they are rare. Keeping all fingers crossed for magical occult rather than skill. We will see what happens.
  • LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    Omg if you have cats and dogs installed maybe you could have pet dragons

Or maybe you won't need cats and dogs at all lol and just get pet dragons included anyways
  • tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    I hope Bonehilda is added, there's already coffins, skeletons and maids in the game
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Since the name is Realm of Magic, I'm thinking magical power tree like Vampires with the option of being witches, wizards, maybe general magic users? Would be nice if Bonehilda came back! They sort of had her with Jungle Adventure. Genies could come back though I could see it maybe tied to a lamp more so. I'd love to have dragon eggs back! And if not full blown fairies it'd be cool to see little sprites in the world. Definitely would like to see a new world with 7-10 lots at least. Crystal ball, voodoo, fortune telling, flying lessons etc. I'm crossing my fingers it's got a variety of activities and interpretations!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Since the name is Realm of Magic, I'm thinking magical power tree like Vampires with the option of being witches, wizards, maybe general magic users? Would be nice if Bonehilda came back! They sort of had her with Jungle Adventure. Genies could come back though I could see it maybe tied to a lamp more so. I'd love to have dragon eggs back! And if not full blown fairies it'd be cool to see little sprites in the world. Definitely would like to see a new world with 7-10 lots at least. Crystal ball, voodoo, fortune telling, flying lessons etc. I'm crossing my fingers it's got a variety of activities and interpretations!

I’m hoping for witches, and maybe a few other minor occult’s. I want to see the sims take a total dip into the realm. I want it to be an alternate world with everything unique to this world, and not like the other worlds. With a GP it will be hard, but we can hope.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm thinking they are actually going to lump occults together for this... if they take the vampire model and allow branching, you could essentially start with a generic magic user and fashion them into what you want by adding paths. So, you can go a more classic witch, or delve into alchemy. Perhaps there will be a "nature" magic you can choose that will essentially make your sim a fairy (buying unlockable like "wings" with points).

They could even add genies in by making it a weakness, something like "chained to a bottle". It would likely need to be bigger and even more extensive than the vampires chart, but I think it would be a great idea and I could see them going that route, simply because it's more simple than adding multiple occults. Definitely more suited to a GP than an EP, but effective in
    giving us multiple occults for less work.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    I just want witches, that's all. I really don't care for any other occult.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2019
    It def wasn't what I wanted. But, now that it is coming, here is what I'm hoping for:

1. Potions= some like to make them; I don't. I hope there is a potion shop like with Sims3. I visited it everyday regardless of what kind of
    game I played. Instant best friend, instant love potion, full bars potions, young again,
    2. Gothic like clothing/furnishings. I really miss them from Sims3
    3. Magic Mirror and changing pictures
    4. More cat interactions, stuff, ect.
    5. Probably won't have dragons or unicorns, but would've loved that.
    6. Another dark world or cave; way to make a cavelike structure.
    7. Ability to collect or use frogs we collect some way
    8. Fingernails- painted, curled, gnarled, ect. miss these changes in CAS
    9. Secret door
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Also, I own Get To Work so I would love to run my own potions and elixir retail store.

I hope they saw this and make it happen. I love running the stores and making food places for dining out.

Zussage wrote: »
    I'm thinking they are actually going to lump occults together for this... if they take the vampire model and allow branching, you could essentially start with a generic magic user and fashion them into what you want by adding paths. So, you can go a more classic witch, or delve into alchemy. Perhaps there will be a "nature" magic you can choose that will essentially make your sim a fairy (buying unlockable like "wings" with points).

They could even add genies in by making it a weakness, something like "chained to a bottle". It would likely need to be bigger and even more extensive than the vampires chart, but I think it would be a great idea and I could see them going that route, simply because it's more simple than adding multiple occults. Definitely more suited to a GP than an EP, but effective in
    giving us multiple occults for less work.

I honestly hope it’s something like this. I want multiple occult’s, but I don’t want them to feel lacking. I feel like this would be an amazing way to implement it with less work for them. Also maybe some more room in the budget.

• LeelathesimLeelathesim Posts: 25 Member
    I really hope we have fairies in the pack! I loved them in sims 3 and I think they would look amazing in sims 4!!
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Of course I want new spells with new and cool animations for TS4, but I would also dearly love to have some of the old and most whimsical/ magical classics back like Toadification and Enchant from TS1, Beautificus/ Corruptus Locus, Spiritus Poultria, Expello Mortis and Vivificus Zombiae from TS2, Inferno and Bloom or Growth from TSM, and ice blast and fire blast from TS3 Supernatural — oh and the rain dance from TS3 was funny too. And can we have proper magic duels like in TS1 too?
    Anybody else hoping the gurus handle the roll out like they did for Vampires? They were here in multiple threads answering questions and just talking with us. It was nice.