Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Game Pack - as of yet

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited July 2019
    Vampires
    Vampires, without question.

However, I have to say that the two with the lowest scores (Strangerville and Outdoor Retreat) are my second and third favorites, respectively.

I love all that Parenthood added to the game, but I adore the aesthetic, skills, and activities added in Outdoor Retreat. I jumped from being console-only player to mainly a PC player largely for that pack. As for Strangerville, the Mother Plant has become a regular villain in my stories, with alien and vampire Sims defeating and reviving her, depending on who's in power at the time. ;)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Family_Simmer158Family_Simmer158 Posts: 2 New Member
    Parenthood
    > @Simmingal said:
    > Explanations also much appreciated since not sure what I want to get next (I have JA and Vampires)
    > though i might just end up getting the new ones coming up instead (if i can wait until fall for gp)
    I kinda the same too. I have the vampire game pack and have a voucher I want to use. I'm thinking of getting parenthood because its the
    popular and everyone says its the best game pack or outdoor retreat because I want to do a Rags to Riches that doesn't look strange? You might've already bought the pack so do you have any recommendations? Or anyone else? Thanks a lot! :)
  • Options
    Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    When it comes to realistic gameplay, Parenthood takes the spot. It adds so many features to the family aspect and gameplay. Kids get in trouble, teens act all moody and rebellious, character values go up and down, family activities... Love that!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited July 2019
    > @Simmingal said:
    > Explanations also much appreciated since not sure what I want to get next (I have JA and Vampires)
    > though i might just end up getting the new ones coming up instead (if i can wait until fall for gp)
    I kinda the same too. I have the vampire game pack and have a voucher I want to use. I'm thinking of getting parenthood because its the
    popular and everyone says its the best game pack or outdoor retreat because I want to do a Rags to Riches that doesn't look strange? You might've already bought the pack so do you have any recommendations? Or anyone else? Thanks a lot! :)

Settled for waiting realm of magic pop out first to see what they got
    I have hunch that I can't just ignore that one for something else
    (considering Makin' Magic is still my favourite pack in whole sims series so far)

but still looking into options really because sooner or later there will be me at some shop pondering this
    I actually have lots of reasons to want many of the gps up to now too
    but I am just very indecisive about them because I can't really buy thru origin
    which means I keep having to wait for bundles or not buy them
    (also having to buy 2 stuff packs no one asked for everytime i buy one)

I don't understand how it benefits them to make it so hard to buy things?
    like especially with gps which would literally be all I ever buy if it was easier?
    ok sorry that went off subject continue :joy:

I think I have been waiting to get spa day and outdoor retreat for some time
    like not having camping things or spa meanwhile having IL and JA is just off
    and I keep seeing that hole in my game but also I do feel like new GPs probably have more in them if i were to look harder
    but I am not sure about the themes as much as OR and SD which feel more of safe bet ''you will love it'' packs

Dine Out

I keep seeing people being fed up (no pun intended) with bugs
    and not really sure I would actually play it so much like with gtw too I keep ignoring I even have most of the stuff so idk

Strangerville

I really want that military career and I also want some sort of mystery and I think it had martial arts too?
    and well weird stuff is always nice add

but what sort of turns me off is how it seems so... stranger things.
    and I also don't imagine I will use desert world too much
    seeing how little use i am having with oasis springs too
    but idk really :confused: could be fun too tho

Parenthood

now this is really confusing one
    because honestly based on the ads and name of pack and description and such I really can't tell if i like it or nah
    like its just really... vague.

I keep seeing people say they love it
    but I honestly just have no idea what that pack is about
    even after watching tons of reviews on it i have no clear idea of what it adds to game
    other than obviously something to do for kids and teens I guess? and parents meddling with things?
    game exposing me as worst parent ever ? *cough cough* (i mean i guess that be cool too)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2019
    Parenthood
    I am a huge fan of Spa Day, and cannot imagine my game without it.

That said, Parenthood has been more transformative, and brought more variable game play, to my TS4 play, so it gets my vote.

So let me talk about that a bit.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Parenthood

now this is really confusing one
    because honestly based on the ads and name of pack and description and such I really can't tell if i like it or nah
    like its just really... vague.

I keep seeing people say they love it
    but I honestly just have no idea what that pack is about
    even after watching tons of reviews on it i have no clear idea of what it adds to game
    other than obviously something to do for kids and teens I guess? and parents meddling with things?
    game exposing me as worst parent ever ? *cough cough* (i mean i guess that be cool too)

Almost all of it is, naturally, about family play. If you are not having your Sims raise kids in game, there's really nothing for you.

If you are, however, there are two central features that come into play that between them add a fair bit of depth to the experience.

For Parents and caregivers, there is a new Skill, called Parenting. This skill is improved by providing infant, toddler and child care, and guidance to teens. As one improves, one gets more effective in teaching skills, and instilling good habits. Discipline is more effective, and relationship gains faster (I think). A maxed Parenthood Skill allows a Sim to address all infant needs with a single interaction, which I have not used once (my first Sim to unlock it only had one infant afterwards, and I make mine toddlers pretty quickly), but which I can see being really useful in, say, a 100 Baby Challenge.

For Toddlers through Teens, there are five new progression tracks called Values, shown on meters on the Simology pane. These can rise or fall through regular activities like doing homework, playing with toys, doing dishes, etc. The five Values are Responsibility, Empathy, Manners, Emotional Control and Conflict Resolution. They can have positive (green) or negative (red) scores. Values you have all the way at the far green end of the meter at age-up to Young Adult award up to five positive Traits, which are permanent. Red-end Values award a negative Trait at age-up instead. These can boost or harm career performance, relationship gain and other things. Once a Young Adult, the meters are gone, the values are fixed, and one cannot gain or lose the traits without cheats.

Combined, this means a skilled parent can assure that their child is more successful in later life, and provides hand-raised Sims a deeper degree of variation and personality. You could likewise play a disfunctional family that produces antisocial and poorly adjusted Sims to inflict upon your world, if you prefer.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Dine Out
    I normally use Dine out a lot for dates and my sims are often invited to dine together. But after having installed Tropeliv (the island pack) it doesn't work properly. Other sims are stealing my sims' food, and they leave hungry. I sincerely hope for at patch very soon.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Vampires
    I love all the game packs, too. My top three are as follows: Parenthood (I am a family player and I love the parenting skill and being able to discipline kids and toddlers), Vampires (I love occult sims and these are the best ever in the series), and Jungle Adventures (active tomb exploration is really fun).

I really couldn’t do without any of the other Game packs, though, too. Outdoor Retreat is great for providing camping, new collectibles, the herbalism skill (which is great for curing all kinds of ills and moodlets), insects for catching, the new plants and fish, and the hermit.

Spa Day is wonderful for the wellness skill, the ability to have your sim take a yoga class, have massages, meditate, use the sauna, etc. I have spas in all my saves and lots of sims who are dedicated to yoga; they all gain the skill by traveling to the spa and taking a class at least once.

Dine out is great for the ability to own and customize restaurants, to eat and learn experimental cooking, and, most of all, for creating an excellent new dating venue with a new, fun kind of date, which has requirements that are easy to fulfill. Nearly all of my sims go to restaurants in the game, first on dates and later with their families.

For Strangerville, I liked the story (which I have played through once), and really liked the premades, the catalogue and the neighbourhood as a whole.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Jungle Adventures by far. Gives my sims lots to do, 2 skills to develop, a side means of income that can be very lucrative, several new food items to eat/learn to make, b/b stuff that I constantly use in building, CAS ones that are frequently used in sim making, a lot of really gorgeous scenery in the jungle to examine and appreciate from as many angles and distances I can coax the camera into.
  • Options
    SteffariSimsSteffariSims Posts: 24 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires! I love how in depth they went with occult sims with the skill tree etc... I really hope it's a similar vibe for Realm of Magic.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Parenthood
    Glad to see Parenthood won. It's such an excellent game pack that contains meaningful content. It really outshines the rest.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Vampires
    Spa Day for the Teleporting Ability, Strangerville that should have been in Get To Work, Vampire for the Victorian Decor & Lifestate and Jungle Adventure for my Indiana Jones & River Song Sims.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Vampires
    Realm Of Magic will probably be my most favorate Gameplay.
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Strangerville
    (Spoiler alert)Strangerville is my favorite because it comes with a storyline which shows a sense of time passing in a realistic way as you can change the town after the story ends if you wish. Also you have new traits like paranoid which are very interesting, the build and buy mode items look very realistic and unique. But it is a game pack which also includes a new world. The outdoor retreat and selvadorada have world's which u can visit on vacation. But you can really live in those world's that is why I like Strangerville.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Strangerville
    _000key wrote: »
    (Spoiler alert)Strangerville is my favorite because it comes with a storyline which shows a sense of time passing in a realistic way as you can change the town after the story ends if you wish. Also you have new traits like paranoid which are very interesting, the build and buy mode items look very realistic and unique. But it is a game pack which also includes a new world. The outdoor retreat and selvadorada have world's which u can visit on vacation. But you can really live in those world's that is why I like Strangerville.

I agree with all of this.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    CzartyCzarty Posts: 21 Member
    Vampires
    I love occults in the sims so this was an easy pick for me. However I like what most of them add to the game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood is my choice. Finally, we get to do a bit more in guiding our born ingame Simmies into the Sims we wish them to be. Like everything else there's a process. You start with the toddler, and teach them how to say sorry, for instance. A difficult concept in RL, to be sure. But as the Sim grows you can help 'teach' them manners, responsibility, conflict resolution, empathy and emotional control. There are actual things you can direct your Sims to do to gain in these Values. Doing homework helps toward responsibility. Setting the table toward manners. Yes, I said you can have your Sims set the table. Picking up scattered toys and putting them away. Brushing their teeth. I also like to get my Sims' offspring private journals so that they can scribble furiously if angry or tense to help bring that emotion down. It also helps them gain in the emotional control department. It adds another layer to family play in a way I've never experienced before.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Vampires
    I chose Vampires because it is the most well done of that occult state so far. With that being said, I almost had to flip a coin to see which one comes up as I love all of them, moreso than eps. I use all of them in game play and especially the B/B objects in all the packs are what I use all the time.

I love sending my sims to the jungle and to the forest, to the beach and to the desert. I love all these packs and especially how devs got the packs, eps and sps to all work together to develop even more great gameplay.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Sims 4's game packs are all too good. This is a difficult decision!
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Vampires
    I'll say Vampires, although there's no real bad Game Packs. Vampires, though, I love the life state, I love the goth aesthetics, I love the world, it's just awesome.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood, in regards to the theme.

Dine Out, in regards to the execution.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Vampires
    It's Vampires because this GP shows the way a supernatural lifestate should be done. Vampire lifestate in TS4 is very versatile. I hope to see more supernaturals like that in the game.
  • Options
    RamenDoodlesRamenDoodles Posts: 8 New Member
    Dine Out
    I find myself building restaurants more than anything these days. I love Dine Out!