Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is moschino?

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It's a way of preserving cherries, like you get in bar drinks, I think.

Or maybe the Spanish term for the ideal or character of manliness.

One or the other. ;)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

One or the other. ;)

I don't know about cherries but Moschino has nothing to do with macho ahaha.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

One or the other. ;)

I don't know about cherries but Moschino has nothing to do with macho ahaha.

It's a joke about maraschino cherries and machismo, lol.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Cherries are marichino. Never heard of the brand until now, and have no desire to learn more. The stuff in that later set of photos is not just hideous, but disgustingly hideous. I agree with the opinions expressed that throwing a career in is simply a con to induce those who would not ordinarily buy it to do so. It's all about the $, period. Bone-headed decision to pick a pack theme like that, and it's one more pack from EA that I won't be getting. Even if they gave it away.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think the difference between the expensive clothes already in the game and Moschino is that the former is at least in good taste.

Personally, I find luxury brand products that plaster their logo all over to be in extremely poor taste. None for me in my game, please
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    The Moschino swimsuit (covered in plumbobs), umbrella (covered in plumbobs) and plumbob earrings were my only liked pieces from the collection. They had more reference to the game rather than the brand tho so...

I just think the pixel styled clothes from the collection don't look sims influenced at all. More like Minecraft skins. I just hope they don't directly use the capsule collection as reference for the packs content because of that. Some of the stuff posted here does look nice.

Also please simify their logo. A simlish translation or a wordless icon. I don't want English. I use an override for the already existing sweater which makes it simlish.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I really hope they bring clothing racks and clutter for a clothing shop like they did with the H&M pack. Or for a fashion studio. It's a stuff pack so I want stuff.
    The clothes look a bit out-there, but so does regular sims fashion anyway.

Kinda like that suit though
    POP-UP_iscrizioneNL.jpg
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Not all of their clothing is the flashy stuff you see on the runway. I'm hoping the developers steer clear of that and give us more wearable looks.

ZKmwlV6.png

FYWhaJM.png

DNI3OI7.png

4yfOWPq.png

UuQ6Z1D.png

I'm sorry but with the exception of maybe the suit, majority of those clothes look like something I could get at Penny's for a fraction of the price. The cartoon prints will ALWAYS look cheap. Doesnt matter what name you slap on it.
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Honestly, it would be nice if they brought back clothes shopping like in TS2 in the new Moschino stuff pack. Although I doubt it.

I just hope they don't put any English lettering on the clothes (Simlish only).
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

I'm sorry but with the exception of maybe the suit, majority of those clothes look like something I could get at Penny's for a fraction of the price. The cartoon prints will ALWAYS look cheap. Doesn't matter what name you slap on it.

No need to be sorry. We can have different opinions. :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not all of their clothing is the flashy stuff you see on the runway. I'm hoping the developers steer clear of that and give us more wearable looks.

ZKmwlV6.png

FYWhaJM.png

DNI3OI7.png

4yfOWPq.png

UuQ6Z1D.png

All those look cheap. I would not pay more than $20 USD for anything pictured there.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

One or the other. ;)

I think you're referring to machismo. ;)
    Maraschino is the type of cherry. They are not strictly for drinks. I hear they're very good atop an ice cream Sundae, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    $500+ for individual pieces of clothing?!?!

Im open to more clothes/stylized stuff or from certain brands or w/e, but most of the moschino items I've seen just look ugly.

But I'll hold judgement on the pack until we see more. But irl the moschino items are pretty ugly.

If it's not a wedding gown for that price, I won't be buying it. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I know it isn’t Mossimo, but the name is very close and that is an affordable skater brand from the 90s. Even still, I prefer Mossimo’s style over this Moschino plum.
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

UuQ6Z1D.png

This dress is adorable. <3 Would love to see something like this for my toddler girls but with the logo in simlish.
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Just like My First Pet, I'll be skipping this one.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    That's the beauty of stuff packs. We've gotten so many it is easy to just skip one if you're not interested in the content.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019

ZKmwlV6.png

FYWhaJM.png

DNI3OI7.png

4yfOWPq.png

UuQ6Z1D.png

I'm sorry but with the exception of maybe the suit, majority of those clothes look like something I could get at Penny's for a fraction of the price. The cartoon prints will ALWAYS look cheap. Doesnt matter what name you slap on it.

The dress with the hearts is it a stolen idea? Because I have many downloaded fashion styles ( I make for my TS2 Sims) of pictures and this dress, it's line, shape and everything about it is on the internet (by another maker) in blue and a different dot design. ETA: Actually, every line in those pictuers are on the internet by different designers nothing original about them. I ought to know I have many fashion pics in my pc that have the very same styles just a different pattern or color. Shocking!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    [

The dress with the hearts is it a stolen idea? Because I have many downloaded fashion styles ( I make for my TS2 Sims) of pictures and this dress, it's line, shape and everything about it is on the internet (by another maker) in blue and a different dot design. ETA: Actually, every line in those pictuers are on the internet by different designers nothing original about them. I ought to know I have many fashion pics in my pc that have the very same styles just a different pattern or color. Shocking!

Lol, you'd have to ask the designer. Similarity in style doesn't have to mean stolen ideas.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    [

Lol, you'd have to ask the designer. Similarity in style doesn't have to mean stolen ideas.

You wanna bet, I will link the clothes if I can, and EA better have a look, because I can prove at least one is the same dress from a different company. (Fashion designers don't get to use the same style and lines and shapes and just slap a different pattern on it like we do cc.)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I’m getting it. Moschino is over the top, but if I can dress it down in real life (I have a few pieces from their H&M collab) I can do the same for my Sims. Plus I want the fashion photographer career. I’m actually surprised at how many don’t know what the Moschino brand is.
  • Options
    [

You wanna bet, I will link the clothes if I can, and EA better have a look, because I can prove at least one is the same dress from a different company. (Fashion designers don't get to use the same style and lines and shapes and just slap a different pattern on it like we do cc.)

No I don't wanna bet. It's not at all important to me. If you'd like to pursue copyright infringement, or whatever they call it in the fashion industry, then have at it. But first do a Google search for girls peplum dress and you'll come up with plenty of similar styles.

On topic, I'm looking forward to seeing what the game play object will be.
  • Options

ZKmwlV6.png

FYWhaJM.png

DNI3OI7.png

4yfOWPq.png

UuQ6Z1D.png

Possibly? But tbh unless it's like nearly carbon copy, I wouldn't think so cause it's pretty generic sans the pixel effect attribute.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    03-699x976.jpg
    Me on my way to snap away half of the universe's population.

Honestly, if you have enough money to afford these clothes, you'd be rich enough not to care what the common folk think. I know that, if I became a multi-millionaire, I'd wear stuff like this just because I can.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    03-699x976.jpg
    Me on my way to snap away half of the universe's population.

Honestly, if you have enough money to afford these clothes, you'd be rich enough not to care what the common folk think. I know that, if I became a multi-millionaire, I'd wear stuff like this just because I can.

See that looks like designer brand rich people garb. Not $500 plain white t shirt with the brand name slapped on the title.

There is nothing wrong with expensive clothes. What IS wrong is charging $500 for a t-shirt that looks like you can find in a bargin bin and the only reason it's priced so high is cause designer name shenanigans.

I won't say no to nice clothes in general, but...just the principal of over charged clothes (in terms of their appearance, not the price alone) doesn't sit well with me, personally.