Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❌ Lets Show Some Support: For Cars!!! ❌

Comments

• Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    YES! Cars! Bring them on!
    Succy wrote: »
    I hope we never get cars.

They are annoying enough in the real world. Their impact on the world and people's mentality is detrimental enough. For the game, it is fine for them to just exist in the background as they do now.

I'd rather get other kinds of gameplay that improve personality depth and sim interactions.

Thanks for the opinion. I am calling all SimGurus to make cars for this month's base game update or later.....
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Other: I could go either way, I don’t care, depends...
    I would only want cars if it comes with a new skill such as restoration; if they are just a matter of clicking the car and it teleporting you to a loading screen then there is no point, for me, to be in the game.
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    I would only want cars if it comes with a new skill such as restoration; if they are just a matter of clicking the car and it teleporting you to a loading screen then there is no point, for me, to be in the game.

Just make it like The Sims 2 after choosing a destination in all worlds
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    Cars aren't what I'd call eco-friendly.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

They are annoying enough in the real world. Their impact on the world and people's mentality is detrimental enough. For the game, it is fine for them to just exist in the background as they do now.

I'd rather get other kinds of gameplay that improve personality depth and sim interactions.

Just curious, but how did you come to the conclusion that cars' "impact on the world and people's mentality is detrimental"?

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Just curious, but how did you come to the conclusion that cars' "impact on the world and people's mentality is detrimental"?

Sadly a necessary evil like Starbucks and Walmart. Everything has a cost even technology we type on.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I'm not one of those "cars in TS4" enthusiasts, but anything that expands gameplay is a + for me. The more the merrier.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2020
    I hope they bring us carriages, antique cars, 4 wheelers, drivable rv, utvs, pop up/regular campers, toddler tricycles/peddle vehicles, motor cycles, ECT I loved picking out vehicles and watching them in the game in the Sims3.

I wish a world would come in some type of pack with a vehicle lot to buy and sell above vehicles, gas station, and mechanic shop. All of these playable and the ability to own them.
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    I really don't see the point of them
  • KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2020
    No. I’m not for cars!
    I'm trying to understand the appeal for cars. Sims 4 is not open world like Sims 3, what would even be the point? I understand the bike for getting around campus or riding around your home lot because you are not traveling through loading screens. I use the model cars sized up to put on my lot for esthetic and that works fine for me. I honestly feel it would be a waste of resources since their use would be very minimal.
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
    I'm trying to understand the appeal for cars. Sims 4 is not open world like Sims 3, what would even be the point? I understand the bike for getting around campus or riding around your home lot because you are not traveling through loading screens. I use the model cars sized up to put on my lot for esthetic and that works fine for me. I honestly feel it would be a waste of resources since their use would be very minimal.
    For the trailer park life style.
    7979435577_b7cdc24ff3_b.jpg

Plus it would be nice to have trailers for boats in the game too.
    Trailer1-600x300.jpg

Having ATVs would be nice too for off roading:
    header.jpg

I wouldn't mind skateboards, snowboards, and skis in the game too and sleds. I just don't see why they would have a transportation icon in the game if they were not planning to add more transportation to it including cars.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    Scobre wrote: »

That's certainly a different perspective, I did not consider campers and trailers. I just use the stuff from Strangerville. You can build a "camper" style or use the premade one in the game. Or you can use the trailers for the debug for the esthetic. I understand in general why people want cars but as far as for the Sims 4, I just don't think there is any use for it. Small things like skateboards would be a nice addition, and if we get a Ski resort pack one day they'd definitely have snowboards and skis which would be great. That type of "transportation" I can get with.

KOYS4Nw.jpg
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
    Scobre wrote: »

That's certainly a different perspective, I did not consider campers and trailers. I just use the stuff from Strangerville. You can build a "camper" style or use the premade one in the game. Or you can use the trailers for the debug for the esthetic. I understand in general why people want cars but as far as for the Sims 4, I just don't think there is any use for it. Small things like skateboards would be a nice addition, and if we get a Ski resort pack one day they'd definitely have snowboards and skis which would be great. That type of "transportation" I can get with.

KOYS4Nw.jpg
    Yeah I think there are many gameplay ideas that can be done with cars, like having cars carry bikes and surfboards. I just don't like having Sims confined to their homes like how people are during this pandemic. Cars are a common modern way of transport. I would love cruise ships too and trains and airplanes.
    edited May 2020
    No. I’m not for cars!
    Cars don't exactly fit with eco themes.

And people say they could do a lot with them but... I'm not feeling it. At most we need a few more toy car models.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Cars don't exactly fit with eco themes.

And people say they could do a lot with them but... I'm not feeling it. At most we need a few more toy car models.
    Yeah starting to realize they wouldn't fit well with Eco Lifestyle EP because of that. I wouldn't mind a patch for them but probably will be for next year when focus of packs changes again. Two years ago I remember there was talk of there being too many packs for family players and last year it was too many packs for supernatural players. Feedback changes annually.
    edited May 2020
    No. I’m not for cars!
    I actually think we'll get horses before we get any form of car travel, and I also think they'd be far more interesting and add way more to your life if you're riding to work on a Unicorn.
    Cars should come in any patch
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I want them personally. I loved them in TS2 despite the loading screens
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited May 2020
    The leaker who leaked June's patch just spilled some more info. Unfortunately, it's also their last bit of info, as it looks like someone found their IRL info and is blackmailing them into silence. Someone also tried to hack them, too. Seriously hope the police can help, that must be scary as hell.

If we lose the original Tweet, here's an image of it.
    Zusetd9.png

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Yes I support cars and an open world you can't go back in time so why would you want to take your game back to the beginning forward on I say!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    The leaker who leaked June's patch just spilled some more info. Unfortunately, it's also their last bit of info, as it looks like someone found their IRL info and is blackmailing them into silence. Someone also tried to hack them, too. Seriously hope the police can help, that must be scary as hell.

If we lose the original Tweet, here's an image of it.
    Zusetd9.png

Someone told me about this on Reddit! I kinda hope it's true because cars, imo, are desperately needed in this game. They make more sense now that we're getting an eco pack as well (can pollute/help (?) the environment). I hope they don't just release personal cars for Sims though as I'd want them to bring back the school bus (gosh I miss that thing), service vehicles and other types of transport such as rollerblades/skates and skateboards.

Please, please, please let this be true!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2020
    They also said that there had been a meeting and James and Sims Community were there. In this Lockdown situation? It makes the rest of it seem fake. If there was such a meeting it must have been an interweb one.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Someone told me about this on Reddit! I kinda hope it's true because cars, imo, are desperately needed in this game. They make more sense now that we're getting an eco pack as well (can pollute/help (?) the environment). I hope they don't just release personal cars for Sims though as I'd want them to bring back the school bus (gosh I miss that thing), service vehicles and other types of transport such as rollerblades/skates and skateboards.

Wouldn't it be nice if they updated the neighbourhood transportation to actually function? Like the tram car in Willow Creek and Newcrest and the ferry boat in Magnolia Promenade? Or the big ships we saw in Eco Lifestyle? I saw in one of the streams for Eco Lifestyle that the bikes now actually use the little ramps in the sidewalk when travelling. Hope they give us awesome cars that sims can repair, upgrade, woohoo/hangout/listen to music in, etc., like the TS2 cars.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Wouldn't it be nice if they updated the neighbourhood transportation to actually function? Like the tram car in Willow Creek and Newcrest and the ferry boat in Magnolia Promenade? Or the big ships we saw in Eco Lifestyle? I saw in one of the streams for Eco Lifestyle that the bikes now actually use the little ramps in the sidewalk when travelling. Hope they give us awesome cars that sims can repair, upgrade, woohoo/hangout/listen to music in, etc., like the TS2 cars.

Those trams and ferries seem wasted somehow. I'd love the Sims to hail them and hop on and off, even the kids to school. They use the ferry boat in Bridlington Bay so why not in Magnolia Parade to go from one world to another?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

It may sound like a weird/big ask but I'm kind of hoping they detail the interiors a bit more and give them better textures. I can't remember TS2 and 3 ones very well but I remember them not being too great. I'd love to take interior car shots for storytelling purposes. That's assuming we can even see through the windows, of course. It would be nice if they updated the deco cars to match (if they update the window textures) but that's probably not going to happen...