Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❌ Lets Show Some Support: For Cars!!! ❌

Comments

• moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    id like a mechanic career that could be active and like repair cars, but to just add them to the game to drive 10 m before the loading screen takes over a la ts2...dont see the point.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    If we had an open world yes, but we don't and it would be pointless. Get in car go a few centimeters and vanish to loading screen.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2019
    YES! Cars! Bring them on!
    yes bring back
    carpools
    strollers
    skateboards
    bikes
    street skates
    motorbikes
    cars
    helicopters

I want them all :p
    I want to build and buy or sell them to B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Other: I could go either way, I don’t care, depends...
    I REALLY don't care if we get cars, maybe more toy cars we can size up :D
    I would seriously appreciate garage doors, though. They seem so obvious in most builds, but they're not actually available. The fake garage doors (wallpaper + windows) are disappointing.
  • LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 51 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    I'd rather have university than cars- I don't see the point.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have no interest in cars, but I hope they're eventually released for the people who do
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    I don't want cars because I think they won't be really useful or fun but I won't mind if we end up getting them in the future. However, some worlds don't have a road that connects to the houses because the game isn't made for cars, so I feel like it doesn't make sense to add them now.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't really care about cars but it would be nice to buy my ultra rich sims to buy some expensive cars.

I'd also like the ability to build cars like a hobby? But this is just because I want more hobbies in general.
    Post edited by CAITLINX354 on
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    LucyCatx wrote: »
    I'd rather have university than cars- I don't see the point.
    University would be an ep. cars would most likely be a stuff pack so they have no correlation.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Unless you can do a lot with cars or drive them in further without a loading screen, they are pretty pointless to me and seem more like decor.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    A game with boats but not cars? It's starting to get silly now.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    The roads (and basically everything else) in sims 4 are just there for decoration so I feel like if they did do cars it'd have to be in a pretty big patch. They'd have redo a ton of roads and make them functional. Or if they put them in some kind of pack they'd probably only be avaliable in that pack's world, which would be strange considering cars are used almost everywhere (not that boats aren't widely used)

And I'm not saying it makes it right/sensible but sims 2 didn't have open worlds and cars existed so not having an open world hasn't stopped cars before.

I agree that cars don't serve a huge purpose in the sims 4 but I can see the appeal. It'd give parents and teen sims an activity to do together (driving lessons) add more realism and as a hobby sims could tinker with cars. And sims really need more hobbies.
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    The roads (and basically everything else) in sims 4 are just there for decoration so I feel like if they did do cars it'd have to be in a pretty big patch. They'd have redo a ton of roads and make them functional. Or if they put them in some kind of pack they'd probably only be avaliable in that pack's world, which would be strange considering cars are used almost everywhere (not that boats aren't widely used)

And I'm not saying it makes it right/sensible but sims 2 didn't have open worlds and cars existed so not having an open world hasn't stopped cars before.

I agree that cars don't serve a huge purpose in the sims 4 but I can see the appeal. It'd give parents and teen sims an activity to do together (driving lessons) add more realism and as a hobby sims could tinker with cars. And sims really need more hobbies.

I was hoping they could maybe come in a Stuff Pack, because some roads would have to be cleaned up and all. Cars could be interacted with like: Take a Drive, Travel to..., Wash Car/Vacuum Car, Tinker/Upgrade, Refuel, Teach Teen, etc. I would want a car to be a more interactive object. Even if it just takes me to a loading screen, it would look/feel more realistic.

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    If we had an open world yes, but we don't and it would be pointless. Get in car go a few centimeters and vanish to loading screen.

See The Sims 2: Nightlife - Cars
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2019
    No. I’m not for cars!
    If you combine the votes of people who don't want cars and the people who don't care if cars ever appear or not, there are more Simmers who could care less about cars getting added than Simmers who actually want them.
    I'd personally rather they devote their time to something that can actually improve gameplay, rather than something that won't really change anything at all. There isn't open world in the game, so what's the big deal over my sim just walking into the street and disappearing instead of getting into a car and disappearing? Getting into the car adds no real value to the game other than adding one extra step until my sim can leave the lot.
    If you combine the votes of people who don't want cars and the people who don't care if cars ever appear or not, there are more Simmers who could care less about cars getting added than Simmers who actually want them.
    I'd personally rather they devote their time to something that can actually improve gameplay, rather than something that won't really change anything at all. There isn't open world in the game, so what's the big deal over my sim just walking into the street and disappearing instead of getting into a car and disappearing? Getting into the car adds no real value to the game other than adding one extra step until my sim can leave the lot.

I ask you read over some of the comments before you post. I have given several examples of what can be done with cars in a closed world, along with different gameplay additions. Some of the other votes are not against it, and I could easily combine them with the Yes. I think this update could come in a patch or at least a SP. I don’t think it will take up too much of their time. They would probably be better off with the cars then Moschino tbh.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Yes, because it feels more realistic than seeing Sims vanish. Sims 2 had a closed world and cars. I miss so much seeing Sims outside their homes, I wish that was something that could come back to the Sims 3.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Not a deal-breaker for me. I wouldn't use them if we had them, except maybe decoratively (how else could you use them anyway in a non-open world)
    jooxis wrote: »
    Not a deal-breaker for me. I wouldn't use them if we had them, except maybe decoratively (how else could you use them anyway in a non-open world)

Interactions like washing them, teaching teens to drive, just taking a drive, and etc. Even if my sim just drives to a loading screen it would be better than them just walking there.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    I wouldn't be opposed to people getting cars if they do decide to add them, I'm just really not waiting for them :D
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Jasper7702 wrote: »

Interactions like washing them, teaching teens to drive, just taking a drive, and etc. Even if my sim just drives to a loading screen it would be better than them just walking there.

I guess it would be nice to wash/repair them and sit inside/woohoo. I can see the appeal in that.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Other
    Honestly I just don't see much use for them in a closed world. Although if they did a little game pack with cars it could have a Cuban themed world and have those bright 1950s style cars there (along with more modern choices) that would be cool.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I love cars but I think they wouldn't be much more than a glorified statue, that probably wont add much in terms of gameplay. Maybe it'll be another place for a woohoo interaction? idk maybe they could get it to work similar to how boats are going to work IL but I want to see how boats work in the new EP.

IDK I liked them in 2 because there was car pools and taxis you had to wait around for, in 4 your sim just falls off the edge of the lot. I just don't see anything substantial being brought forth by cars being added to the game for anything other than decore.

Would be neat to own a mechanic shop through with a GTW type business or even just fix up peoples junk in a repair shop, that they would either drop off or mail in. Kind of wish that was an option.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17109912/#Comment_17109912
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Your thought process is so wrong on this... See the number of people who want it now count in the people who say they dont want it but some of these people will buy anything because they want to own everything or be like I dont want cars but I want this (hair outfit some other feature in pack) you're on the losing side.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"