Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on new EP, GP, and SP?

isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
For what it’s worth, I want to hear people’s opinions on the recently announced content.

Personally, I’ll buy the EP at some point but I’m not overly excited for it. I know we needed a tropic themed pack but it seems like a rehash of Island Paradise... hopefully there’s significantly more original content to be revealed. Though the CAS and and new objects alone do actually look amazing...

Magic realm game pack? Could be fantastic... sounds like it will add fun supernatural stuff but still might not be limited as the only magic content we ever get which I love.

Stuff pack? Moschino or whatever it’s called? Not my cup of tea at all but hopefully some people are happy. (I’d sooner buy a Katy Perry pack which is saying something :D )

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    , I think there's a few other threads about this already, if you want to read more.

But here's my thoughts. The expansion pack I'm super excited about! I love pretty much everything about it especially the idea of a beach clean-up. I think that's the thing I'm most excited about. I can't wait to get this one.

The magic one I have no interest in and do not plan to buy it but I'm glad it's there for those people who have been begging for magic packs. I don't own the vampire one either and it's the only pack I currently don't own but I have no desire for either.

The stuff pack I am part about. I looked up the line and I didn't see any clothes I like with their fashion, but maybe I'll like some of those ones released in The Sims. Honestly I'll have to see it before I make up my mind. I think the career is something I would enjoy though, although I wish it had just been released as a free update to the base game. I'm guessing that I will eventually get this pack it when it goes on sale. I can't see myself paying for it full price though unless the clothing items are way better than I'm expecting them to be.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I am extremely excited for island living. It looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it in a couple weeks.

I am looking forward to more info about realm of magic. I really like witches and I feel like this could be a GP with multiple occult’s but I dunno. I am excited about.

I think the new career in the SP sounds fun. I am a big fan of freelance and this will let me play with photography more. The rest is up in the air. Their clothes aren’t me at all but it could be good still. I expected this anyway sims has had these types of stuff pack collabs since sims 2.
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited June 2019
    I absolutely love the game pack. I really like the expansion pack too but the game pack just yay! I am not a very supernatural player , I never play with Sims that aren't humans but I love The Sims world being filled with magic and strange things. So I am definitely happy about the magic pack. I hope there will be witches that come on my lot selling potions and things, I think that was a feature before in a previous game? Maybe I am horribly wrong and misremembering. I am also excited for the Island Living expansion pack, I am definitely going to make a family that will live there and with my other save files I will make them visit often! I do hope that you can take holidays there as well as live because I really want to play there for long with my original save file but I don't want to move :D with the stuff pack I am excited for the new career and I am sure I will make Sims that will fit the fashion style!
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    , I think there's a few other threads about this already, if you want to read more.

But here's my thoughts. The expansion pack I'm super excited about! I love pretty much everything about it especially the idea of a beach clean-up. I think that's the thing I'm most excited about. I can't wait to get this one.

The magic one I have no interest in and do not plan to buy it but I'm glad it's there for those people who have been begging for magic packs. I don't own the vampire one either and it's the only pack I currently don't own but I have no desire for either.

The stuff pack I am part about. I looked up the line and I didn't see any clothes I like with their fashion, but maybe I'll like some of those ones released in The Sims. Honestly I'll have to see it before I make up my mind. I think the career is something I would enjoy though, although I wish it had just been released as a free update to the base game. I'm guessing that I will eventually get this pack it when it goes on sale. I can't see myself paying for it full price though unless the clothing items are way better than I'm expecting them to be.

Tbh I only needed to read a few more things about the EP and now I’m already more excited. Beach cleanup does sound fun. As for the SP I agree, I could do a fashion pack but I mean... it’s not fashion, it’s one specific brand.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm only slightly excited for Island Living. It wasn't my ideal idea for a tropical pack, but it looks okay. I'm sure I'll get it eventually on sale.

I've no interest at all in the magic or the moscino clothes so I'm defs not bothering with those packs.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    As a person who loves supernaturals and magic and wanted that beach/tropical theme, I’m obviously very excited for mermaids 🧜🏼‍♀️ 🧜🏽‍♂️ in the Island Living pack and the magic pack. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I'm in love with Island Living and will love the magic realm too,! But I don't really know about the Moschino thing, but if there are nice clothes my thoughts might change.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    Not interested with the stuff packs, idk about the gp though rumour has it that it will have 2 occults, I dont really like witches and in my opinion they arent life state just another human who practices magic which already exist in the world for ages, and am curious about the other one.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    I'm in love with Island Living and will love the magic realm too,! But I don't really know about the Moschino thing, but if there are nice clothes my thoughts might change.

Yeah I’m liking the idea of the tropics pack more when I think about how detailed the content has been lately. The new world does look much prettier than Island Paradise, and I imagine it will interact beautifuly with seasons and other expansion content. And I hope the magic GP has lots of immersion with packs like Vampires, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, etc. I can’t wait to see it!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Island Living: AW HECK YEAH!
    Realm of Magic: Gimme gimme gimme!
    Moschino: Meh.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’m very happy with what they showed in Island Living. Can’t wait!
    The magic pack sounds like fun, so I will look forward to that.
    I don’t know about the stuff pack. When they showed the Sims line for that brand, I checked it out. It was ridiculously expensive and everything was kind of a gaudy style. Not really a fan.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Island Living doesn't really check off any items on my wish list, so I don't have to try to justify coming up with the money right away. On the other hand it looks pretty amazing so it's going on my Christmas list for sure.

Realms of Magic could check some items off my wish list, but it's hard to say yet. It's very likely to have witches, maybe other supernaturals, so I will probably have to have it.

I will buy just about any stuff pack for $5, but I almost never get excited about them. I'll likely get it when it's on sale if I like any of the clothes/hair/other options.
  • MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    I love everything they announced! Except for the Stuff pack.... I understand they are exploring their partnerships (The Sims 2 and H&M / The Sims 3 and Desiel) But the Moschino is a pass for me personally, and I feel like they knew its gonna be a miss for a lot of players and that could add to why they added a career with the stuff pack. We already have the Style Influencer Career with Get Famous/ City Living (Can't remember which) so it doesn't really add anything new to the game IMO. IDK, I would have liked it more if they made a stuff pack with more culture items or a free Pride Month Pack. I'll Probably get the Magic one when it goes on sale and I'm debating on how long to wait with the Expansion pack (Like before or after watching the reviews).
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I'll say I'm super excited for the Magic pack. I am decidedly reserved with the Tropical Pack though. I am a little dissapointed hotels aren't in it but I like activities and other items we are getting and I love the cultural themes implemented. The new careers or part time careers seem cool too. I'm not at all into the stuff pack. I like that it will add a photography career but I'm not really invested that much into it beyond that. I also will have to see how indept the career is before I commit to it.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I love everything they announced! Except for the Stuff pack.... I understand they are exploring their partnerships (The Sims 2 and H&M / The Sims 3 and Desiel) But the Moschino is a pass for me personally, and I feel like they knew its gonna be a miss for a lot of players and that could add to why they added a career with the stuff pack. We already have the Style Influencer Career with Get Famous/ City Living (Can't remember which) so it doesn't really add anything new to the game IMO. IDK, I would have liked it more if they made a stuff pack with more culture items or a free Pride Month Pack. I'll Probably get the Magic one when it goes on sale and I'm debating on how long to wait with the Expansion pack (Like before or after watching the reviews).

Style Influencer came with the Get Famous patch, and is actually a Base Game career.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Island Living I can’t wait for. It’s what I’ve wanted for years. The other 2 packs I have zero interest in. I didn’t even know what the stuff was. I had to look it up!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I'm super excited for the Island pack, I've wanted that since the beginning, and I'm thrilled it's not a vacation place but an actual livable island. The stuff pack is meh, I'll see what it includes and decide then. The magic pack I won't buy, I regretted buying the vampires pack though I do like the build/buy items in it, so I guess if the magic pack has great build items then I might get it when it's on sale.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm mostly excited for Island Living, although I would like an option to go on holiday there too. A beach/tropical world has been on my wish list for a long time now and I love the sound of all the beach activities, jobs, dolphins, mermaids etc. Realm of Magic sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to learning more about it. I'm a big supernatural fan and I like the idea of magic in the game (I have very fond childhood memories of Makin' Magic). If I'm being honest though, I can't help but worry that this means werewolves will never come and witches (if it even is witches) will be our last occult. I really hope not as my game will always feel incomplete without them. As for Moschino Stuff, I can't say I'm terribly interested in it as I'm not too keen on brands being in my game, particularly ones that don't personally appeal to me. I would prefer to have a greater variety of fashion styles, but of course I may be pleasantly surprised once I see and know more about it. I doubt I will be rushing out to buy it at full price though.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    Island Living looks great. I don't think itll be as expansive as IP was but the things that are in look good (mermaiiids).

Neutral on brand feature packs but I like clothes so we'll have to see.

My body is ready for witches!!

In terms for the Pride/IGB crossover thing, Im not sure how it's going to go but I am curious/looking forward to it.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's highly likely that I'll get both the EP and GP. I'm not interested in the new SP because I've never heard of the theme. However, as I am not desperate for the new EP, it would probably benefit me to wait for the GP to come out, then get the EP with it as a bundle. I don't own any SPs so I'd have to choose the one I think I'd get the most out of. It would probably be the toddler SP simply because they have so little content.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2019
    Very excited with the EP. Every realistic and/or family content is a must to me.
    I'ld pass the SP if it didn't come with a carrer. I don't know the brand and also don't usually like the branded stuff packs, but the 2 pieces of Moschino clothing that I think came with last patch were not at all something that i like.
    About the GP... I don't know. I'll have to wait for more news. Im a realistic player but I do like the kind of Wiccan witches... So, let's wait.
    Also, I don't understand anything of technology, but may the 32.bits drop allow for a toggle? Ahh I hope that it could...
    Post edited by texxx78 on
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I look forward to Island Living and Magic Realm

No comment about Moschino.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'll certainly buy Realm of Magic and Island Living. I'll be glad to have the Pride items in my game. ...I'll reserve judgement on the Moschino stuff until I see what it's going to contain. I'm not a fan of "The Sims" stuff Moschino made for real people, so I'm a little skeptical that I'll like the Moschino stuff for the sims in game, but I won't know til I see it really. It might be worth while for the new career that's supposed to be coming with it.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    edited June 2019
    babajayne wrote: »
    I’m very happy with what they showed in Island Living. Can’t wait!
    The magic pack sounds like fun, so I will look forward to that.
    I don’t know about the stuff pack. When they showed the Sims line for that brand, I checked it out. It was ridiculously expensive and everything was kind of a gaudy style. Not really a fan.

Yeah that’s my thought about the stuff pack. I could’ve even gotten excited about a fasion themed pack... but the company... I mean I don’t mean to sound caddy, but there were better designed clothes in the very first original sims game than the real life clothing that this company shows off!
  • ScarletSinsScarletSins Posts: 23 Member
    Will definitely be getting both Island Living and Realm Of Magic. Not terribly excited by the fashion themed stuff pack. I might get it but just not sure yet. Both Island living and Realm Of Magic are things that I have wanted since day 1of Sims4. The Sims4 started out kinda "rough" and I did not move over to it from Sims3 right away but it has improved by leaps and bounds since launch and I am very happy with where it is going.