Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino Stuff Pack [MEGA]

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    I only have 6 pieces of DLC in comparison to the 28 total packs we can buy right now. There is no way I'll have bought 22 expansions, game, and stuff packs by the end of this summer. The Moschino Stuff Pack, along with MFPS, will wait until we have a release date for The Sims 5.
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Looking forward to seeing what outfits are added. I went to Moschino website and some of the clothes are nice, and or different. And different is okay with me since I play with many types of sims. For example, most of my alien sims wears the flashy clothes from luxury party sp.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    I appreciate the hard efforts of the team and okay, maybe they have to pay off some sponsors but just some Moschino clothes with labels and a photography career?
    tenor.gif?itemid=12224560

I have a feeling the photography career just going to be a rehash of animations while missing out on the opportunity to have maximized on this pack. It could have reintroduced an active modelling career to the Sims Franchise that many have been asking for. It could have probably included "countries/new cities" for models to travel to while implementing a hotel system. What do you think the Moschino pack should include? I'd love to hear because so far this is just.
    tenor.gif

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    It could have probably included "countries/new cities" for models to travel to while implementing a hotel system.
    You're expecting a lot from a stuff pack
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    I appreciate the hard efforts of the team and okay, maybe they have to pay off some sponsors but just some Moschino clothes with labels and a photography career?
    tenor.gif?itemid=12224560

I have a feeling the photography career just going to be a rehash of animations while missing out on the opportunity to have maximized on this pack. It could have reintroduced an active modelling career to the Sims Franchise that many have been asking for. It could have probably included "countries/new cities" for models to travel to while implementing a hotel system. What do you think the Moschino pack should include? I'd love to hear because so far this is just.
    tenor.gif

If it included all of that it would be a game pack. Do you want a Moschino Game Pack?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    It could have probably included "countries/new cities" for models to travel to while implementing a hotel system.
    You're expecting a lot from a stuff pack

@Cupid they were ideas. But I stand by this: The "designer" clothes + the modelling career over photography.
    tenor.gif

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I think I might pass on this one unless the career and clothing really surprise me. I mean I can play as a fashion influencer and photography skill is required in order to level up. Not sure how much different it would be.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm not really interested in that but anyway. 🤷
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I'm not really excited for this, but I will reserve judgement until I have seen the clothes and learn more. I'm not into funky geometry patterns, but if they also include solid colors and the things/clothes are real nice, then everything might flip and I would really want it. Waiting to see how they go with this one.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I like Moschino and am looking forward to this pack. The only thing I'm a bit apprehensive about is that there will probably be branded items with English on them. Usually someone makes a Simlish edit of these things though, so I'm not too worried about it.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2019
    This pack doesnt seem to interest me very much. But it got me thinking about what the clothes will be like. Will they be adding clothing from the sims 4 maschino collection. Or will they add the clothing from maschino own style like whats on their website.

What do you guys think ??

I did take a little look over at the website at some of the clothes and even thou they are abit out there, some of them did look really nice.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Not sure if this is beyond the scope of a stuff pack, but I always fantasized about a fashion system that allows us to tag clothing as either "in" or "out". Sims with a "Fashion savvy" reward trait (from satisfaction points, not taking up a trait slot in CAS) will react to the tags, but no other sim will do so.
    Reactions could include moodlets, booing/cheering and modifiers to social interactions. A fashion savvy sim wearing something "out" should be embarassed or sad, a sim without the trait would not care. At the same time the fashion savvy sim would get a happy boost just for being in the vicinity of a sim with "in" clothing and get sad or angry at seeing a "wrongly" dressed sims.
    But all of that should be in our hands. If I want cc elf ears and kitchen aprons to register as fashinable in my game, I should be able to do so.

Another tag could be "branded". Branded clothing is exactly the same clothing we choose in CAS, but with an invisible label that only Snobs, Fashion Savvy sims and Materialistic sims can see. They react favorably to brand clothing. I do not know how that could work ingame, sadly. Maybe a token that sims can carry around in their inventory and that is keyed to an outfit and a category.
    Example: Bella and Summer both wear the same outfit that I assigned them in CAS. But Bella carries a brand token that is keyed to "Everyday Outfit 2". Whenever she wears everyday outfit 2, fashion savvy, materialistic and snob sims like her better. If outfit 2 is ever modified, the token expires and new one must be bought.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    When I read about it, all I kept thinking was "who is going to buy this? The whole community seems to be against it." I googled the brand and the fashion is ridiculous. Plastic coat hanger dress? I can't even begin to imagine what atrocities they're going to add to the pack.

Then I saw it. They're adding a new career: Freelancer Fashion Photography.

Kudos to EA for trying to get us to pay for a plum stuff pack just for a new career! I'm not buying it.

So, poll here, do you think of buying the stuff pack? Why or why not?
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    It’s honestly just stupid. Why even partner with a brand to make a stuff pack? EA just seems like a sellout at this point. It’s gonna be a waste of money.

edit: Now that I think about it I will probably buy it just for the sake of having all the packs.
    Post edited by xstxrrysequence on
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Yes only because I'm a completionist. Probably pick it up on sale unless they really surprise me.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'm considering it just as much as I would any other stuff pack I guess?

I don't really plan to pass judgement on it before I see what the clothes in it look like.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited June 2019
    I spend much more time in build buy than CAS. Honestly CAS for the Sims bodys is fine, but I find setting up the clothing tedious after I get their default look down. If this is all just going to be CAS (and I suspect it will), then I'll have no interest in it. Not "not interest but I'll buy it anyways"..literally, no interest at all.

If they included some non CAS stuff...somehow,..doubtful but IF...I might consider it. I did after all get MFP SP just for that coffee table. :#
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited June 2019
    It’s honestly just stupid. Why even partner with a brand to make a stuff pack? EA just seems like a sellout at this point. It’s gonna be a waste of money.

They did it in TS2 with the H&M Fashion stuff and IKEA stuff packs, and in TS3 with Diesel stuff. Why is this any different?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I always did like Moschino. I have room in the way I personally play Sims for non-everyday, entertaining, "special" clothes. And there's more for photography in it, which I'm interested in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    prisinkaprisinka Posts: 12 New Member
    what I dont understand is why people are hating on it so much? did the brand do something bad or anything like that?

anyway, i think people should realize that runway fashion is not real fashion nor is it trying to be, even if the runway pieces are on sale on the site. They offer a lot of basic clothing that I would be interested in (i would never buy it in real life because of the price, but that wont be an issue for ke in a game.)
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    The clothes are horrible and their brand name is also horrible. When I saw their less tacky clothing, it still was the most tacky clothing I ever saw.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    If I do it won't be until after I get My First Pet Stuff. And that won't be for another decade, so...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    I don't know yet, leaning toward no but I'll have to wait and see what it has.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Definitely not at full price, and looking at the clothing line so far probably not. But if there's a couple of good items maybe at a future date when it's on sale or something... But I'm leaning towards probably not. I'm really not all that interested in it
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited June 2019
    It just seems like an odd fit for Sims 4.

H&M and IKEA stuff were broad enough that they fit in with the clothing and furniture already in-game. Moschino parodies pop-culture, which I don't think would translate in a game, and could just end up looking like bad CC. It seems like such a bizarre match-up, what sims players would want with a niche designer, I don't know. So it depends on the clothes, really.

That said, I'm really looking forward to the other two packs this is sandwiched between, and the fashion photography career seems interesting, so I can't be annoyed. I'm mostly just enjoying myself watching the bewilderment of everyone, and the complete silence when they announced the stuff pack at EA play.
    Post edited by dreamprisoner on