Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic: Thoughts?

Comments

• mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    I'm super excited about whatever they give us for this, making magic was so much fun and it had a old time feel so I'm hoping the use of the world realm in the title hints at something along the same lines for this expansion.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    edited June 2019
    It feels good to learn of this after I have been acting like a dragon on these forums in advocation of Supernatural Rights. This taking two steps in the right direction. Although it is going to be a GAME PACK, I expect nothing short of what was provided in The Vampires pack. In conclusion I say this all seems:
    tenor.gif
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I've not been convinced to get Vampires yet, but witches (and perhaps more?) sounds a lot more interesting to me. Especially if it's to be sectioned up in like good magic (fairy godmother career perhaps?) and bad magic, and perhaps (lots of perhapses, haha) some non-Western types of magic traditions as well. All in all, to me it sounds more interesting than the Vampires pack.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Realm to me implies at least a couple of neighborhoods in a new world. I'm hoping we can get several different types of magical neighborhoods such as a fairy/elvish wood, a dark and mysterious bog, or maybe an old fashioned village.

As for the denizens of this realm, I had some ideas I put in a different thread:

My thoughts on this, being the pack is titled "Realm Of Magic", is that there will be a new life state simply labeled 'magic user' or something more creative. Then we can decorate them into whatever magic user we want. Fairy wings, pointy ears, warts, etc.
    There will then be a power tree like the one in Vampires where you can pick and choose what kind of magic your sim will have. A fairy could choose the gift of flight, witches could choose potions or spells, elves could choose nature magic. Or you could mix them all up and create whatever kind of magic user you can imagine (within limits of course)!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm super exited for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIwXl5JXuII

Hopefully it has some strong Makin Magic vibes! I can't wait to play with Witches.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    So maybe one of the worlds-if more then one world comes does that might mean something like a "royal family"?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm super exited for it!

Hopefully it has some strong Makin Magic vibes! I can't wait to play with Witches.

Thanks for posting that. I miss that music.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2019
    Didn't buy Vampires, StrangerVille, or Spooky Stuff and not going to buy the Magic Pack. Not my kind of gameplay. So getting Island Living because I want my families to go to the beach and swim in the Ocean. Hoping for and waiting patiently for University, Farming, Winter Sports, Manage a Pre-school (I so love toddlers in the game), or Arcade/Recreational Activities Pack. I need more things for my familes to do.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2019
    I felt lackluster about Island Living. In 3 we had Island Paradise and the only reason I brought it was to complete the 'Occult collection' because it had Mermaids, despite its somewhat fixable lag issues. I'm debating if it's the same for 4, considering they usually have small worlds (not really an issue, as long as my sims have something to do). If it Included stuff like sunbathing, making your own jewelry, watching the waves, fire dancing, or something akin to Shotokan Karate then I'd see more appeal. However, the screenshots are going to be stunning, the Dolphins - enough said, and what appears to be swimming in the ocean are three good plus signs.

As for the Magic pack? My wishful thinking is that it's a good pack concluding the adding of Occult states as in previous titles (Witches, Fearies, Werewolves, etc.), because honestly, if they're going to add more life states why stretch it out with pack after pack? Other than obvious reasons, and they could finally move on to something else people asked for a lot. I'm probably in the minority who thinks they didn't do too bad of a job on Vampires, which could've been... much worse. But that's just my wishful thinking. It's likely Witches with potions and a bunch of new objects including a usable broomstick, but let's say I'm wrong one day. Maybe Faeries. Big maybe. I did a serious fist pump upon just hearing the announcement and already have a future weekend set aside for some Potter - I mean, Henry Puffer adventures. I'm slightly nervous about a SP going generally well, which is a first...

Realm to me implies at least a couple of neighborhoods in a new world. I'm hoping we can get several different types of magical neighborhoods such as a fairy/elvish wood, a dark and mysterious bog, or maybe an old fashioned village.

As for the denizens of this realm, I had some ideas I put in a different thread:

My thoughts on this, being the pack is titled "Realm Of Magic", is that there will be a new life state simply labeled 'magic user' or something more creative. Then we can decorate them into whatever magic user we want. Fairy wings, pointy ears, warts, etc.
    There will then be a power tree like the one in Vampires where you can pick and choose what kind of magic your sim will have. A fairy could choose the gift of flight, witches could choose potions or spells, elves could choose nature magic. Or you could mix them all up and create whatever kind of magic user you can imagine (within limits of course)!

This. This would pretty much complete the game for me, unless we by chance get a Uni or Hobby pack. Either way, I'm staying optimistic but not getting my hopes up.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just hope it's not Too Harry Potter, too Hocus Pocus, not something lame and whimsical.

I want this to be something legit this time, Vampires, they Did well, I had no problem with making my dark daemons.

I'm going to be selfish and just think about what I need for my Stories to be fulfilled and satisfied.
    I need curses and Dark magic to be just that Dark!
    there shouldn't be any glimmer of hope when it comes to Curses and Dark magic.
    and to cast a curse you Should have to go to extreme lengths to cast a curse.

You want to create a curse of infertility to ruin the chance of your ex who did you dirty and having a child with his baby momma? Well boo, you're going to have to make a toddler cry, among other things, because "Tears of a Toddler" is an ingredient for such a spell.

If the player isn't questioning their own morals and values when playing this pack, as a witch then why bother?
    All Magic comes with a Price, Dearie! Light and Dark Magic alike. Light magic has sacrifices and tolls too.
    Light magic is not all love, and good feels. Love is a dangerous weapon. and a True Evil Sorcerer knows how to manipulate Light magic to their own will so Keep in mind Just because you use light magic does not make your Alignment "Good"

and I think I've expressed my ideas enough times on enough platforms, to get my point across.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Going to be a party pooper here... I have absolutely zero interest in this, even less than Strangerville. I immediately lost interest in Sims 3 after installing the supernatural pack; lesson learned, I don't want my game to turn into Shrek.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    "Witch" "Conjure" "Spell" are the words they used leading up to to the announcement. Don't expect fairies, werewolves, werevamps, or whatever else it is you're thinking. It's just not going to happen.

I expect a new, small, world and a fleshed out Witch occult similar to Vampires. Why would they change up something that was successful and they already have the framework for?

And I'm excited. :)
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I can't wait to see witch type of occults we get.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    I need to know more about what's in it. I'm not a fan of supernaturals and bypassed the vampire GP. I don't miss them in my game. If this is witches I probably won't bother with it, either. But, I'm curious to know just what it has to offer in order to make a good decision for myself. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm super exited for it!

Thanks for posting that. I miss that music.

Aahaha I wish they'd put some of the old sims music into TS4, beyond what we have in the Retro radio station.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I am so AMAZINGLY EXCITED to finally be getting witches (or just magical abilities for any sim) and mermaids too!! Playing with occults is my FAVORITE part of The Sims and I'm so happy we're finally getting more than just aliens and vampires after all these years!!!!! <3

Once we get faeries, werewolves, and genies then this game will be complete for me! :smiley:
    I really hope in the future we get at least one new occult every year. It's been really dull for me after vampires were released because we had years of no new occults whatsoever. I hope the realistic simmers do finally get their University pack soon, but I really couldn't care less about that. I'm just hoping we get more occult-related game packs every year!!! :blush:
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    YES!!!!
    Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! yesyesyesyesyes, YES! Oh YES! OH OH OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Right now all we know is the name of it. And all I can say is YES!!! Finally something I've actually been waiting for. After five years of Sims 4 we get some magic. Good year for occult players was getting worried and slightly annoyed for a moment if we we're ever gonna something good after vampires.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited June 2019
    All I am going to say is it is about time, Witches has been one of the chars I have been asking for from day 1, so I am very happy they are finally coming into the Sims 4, :)

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Now, if they could just fix Plantsims.
  • FrejacksFrejacks Posts: 4 New Member
    one of my all time favorite packs for any Sims game, was the Makin' Magic pack for The Sims 1 so im THRILLED for a new magic themed gamepack! I think I was like 6 when that pack launched, and it was amazing! Maybe I've hyped it up in my mind because i was so young, but I'm so excited for Realm of Magic!
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I'm super exited for it!

Lyndsay worked on the original Makin Magic for The Sims. I bet this new one has things in it that will remind us of that pack. That was a great pack! I still have The Complete Sims game, but I haven't played it in years.

I'm very hopeful that this new pack will be a complete blast! After all the vampire pack was done so very well, that is lots of fun, so I've got great expectations for this new magic pack.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    I'm super exited for it!

Lyndsay worked on the original Makin Magic for The Sims. I bet this new one has things in it that will remind us of that pack. That was a great pack! I still have The Complete Sims game, but I haven't played it in years.

I'm very hopeful that this new pack will be a complete blast! After all the vampire pack was done so very well, that is lots of fun, so I've got great expectations for this new magic pack.

Quite possible! I remember that every now and then when they talked about it they definitely referenced Makin' Magic (either it being one of their favs, or that they just liked some features, etc.). I also really believe they take things from several iterations, and with a name like "Realm of Magic" instead of "The Sims 4 Witches" I just feel it's gonna take at least some cues fom Makin' Magic.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2019
    I was thinking about the title "realm of magic".....Realm makes me think of GOT. Could it be fantasy like ? I prefer the realistic side but....I wouldn't mind rinding dragons a la Daenerys, let's be honest.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Kinda meh for me, since i prefer to play with normal Sims. But i will get it.

Hopefully they come up with creative spells, and not just happy emotional boosts and stuff that makes everything easier. Because the Game is already way to easy. There are already way to many things, that ends up to do the same thing.
    Do i really need this spell, to be flirtatious? No!
    I want to see gnomes turn into lamas... and such.