Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 baby challenge. "On the lay line" lot trait.

Simmers that have tried the 100 baby challenge,do you find that this is a helpful trait to have on your lot or not? I built a new house for my family to move into and I chose good schools,Child's play and Romantic Aura. Of course I can't change it now but I'd like to know (for future reference) what you all think about the "On the lay line" trait? It seems to me that having twins (or triplets) less often is better because a)your sim can get pregnant sooner and age up slower. For example,if you have room for 2 kids in your house and your sim has twins,she's only gonna stop aging for 3 days instead of 6. b)Getting 2 toddlers/kids/teens to fullfill the requirements to age up at the same time is harder.
What has your experience been with the trait?

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Ley Line pretty much guarantees if you have two or more slots open, you'll get twins or triplets. So, I find it vital to 100 baby challenge. I use Good schools, Child's Play, and Ley Line in my 100 baby.

I don't find the romantic aura to be too helpful since I get the beguile trait and max charisma and my sims can meet someone and instantly be friends and TFB in a matter of minutes, even without it.

I spent a lot of days in my 1st Matriarch's YA stage taking a break from having kids, but she's 19 days to elder and she's had 38 kids, pregnant with a singleton for baby number 39 cause we have only one slot open in the house. She's been at 19 days to age up for 3 pregnancies now. I imagine, if I did it right, I could do this whole challenge with my 1st matriarch. I've debated if I want to do that or not. I'd like to see other genetics at play here.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    You can change already picked lot traits, I'd switch out romantic aura, you can get objects/lamps/beguile reward for that.

I change my lot traits when a new gen takes over the house
    caitytrina.png
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    You can change already picked lot traits, I'd switch out romantic aura, you can get objects/lamps/beguile reward for that.

I change my lot traits when a new gen takes over the house

Not in the 100 baby challenge, you can't. This is the rule on lot traits...

FmFDbNq.png
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    I have to back up what Chelle Jo said, the On Ley Line trait pretty much guarantees you will get twins as long as you have two household slots open. I'm currently doing an A-Z Baby Challenge, and my matriarch has had 11 pregnancies, and they've all been twins. Granted she does now have the Fertile trait too, but she was getting twins even before that so I would attribute it most to the Ley Line trait.
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart