Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion pack can you absolutely NOT live without?

image0.gif
Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
Come try a Mafia Game!

Which expansion pack can you absolutely NOT live without? 434 votes

Seasons
61%
Akl500PSkewedReality04auroraael14JeanKita5399Goth583JaseErja888aabroadyalan650111IceyJkippy300Cabelle1863BgBn7510dreamergrl84PseudonymsChristyMarie002Mystik1978HowGreatThouArtMartinv 267 votes
Cats & Dogs
8%
icmnfrshIcewolfstoryyColorist40BrokenChaos69BloosmooPhloxilovejewel17simgirl1010friendlysimmerscchant86ashcrash19bluelightingdeedles6423kels89floridameerkatLumiastaMizzSammii3AxeEclipticaLiELF 35 votes
City Living
8%
CorkysPetalsCynnaBeardedgeekliliaethLyvedaVageniusmrg719aecollins21phantasmkissModseyPaulmarch76PepseyrulesBamajamToadette12Stutumang803CJSimmieTamakiSakura84Bhawkins0402ThePinkBookGirl 36 votes
Get Together
12%
CK213Frn0731Goldmoldaralexspoom13BlkBarbiegalsillehbeekokoro80Elegantblkchina1Ninoosimbarracuda1574MindofyMiaSkywalkerDillynJamesemereBabykittyjadeRavager619ElenPinkAlbaWaterhouseTrimothtnb494 53 votes
Get To Work
5%
MRoss18451Writin_RegmcruddRawlag01denswanAquariusMomJACKIEJOYsimondhaeneAceOfKnavesCheekybitsbobbaukEuphoriaLaeticiaTLM08KausawolfKathykinsHermitgirlAineGecko420comicsforlifeLivinity 26 votes
Get Famous
3%
GalacticGalBagoas77alanmichael1jaymancrazpAnDabEar321kateoverendHimRumiAquarius94tadeoalonso2KscSimmerYBNS2468Itskristabro3NorthDakotaGamerFunandotsEnjoyfulSimmerqueenvortex808Minnie 17 votes

Comments

• BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Seasons
    I mean... in my opinion it should've come with the basegame. At least weather change. Without seasons it doesn't feel like it's real. I mean, I know it's a game but when it's summer ALL THE TIME it's so plastic and obvious that it's a simulation and I can't immerse myself at all.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Seasons
    Without question it’s Seasons, and I agree it should just come with the base game at this point. Don’t they make it harder for themselves adding this after the fact?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Seasons
    Super hard one, as I love some of them a lot! But I'll go with seasons cause it's the one that 'works' on the game all the time. Weather influences everything.
    But I can't live without City Living, Get Together and Cats and Dogs.
    The ones I could definitely live without are GF and GW.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Get Together
    I could live without it, but for the sake of not being "that person"... I'll vote anyway :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Get Famous
    I love every aspect of this pack except the terrain bugs in DSV.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons cause it makes such a huge difference to the game having weather.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Seasons
    I love several things in The Sims series -- vampire, and dogs most notably. But Seasons is the one I cannot do without.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Seasons
    Not a surprise!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • gardenlobstergardenlobster Posts: 16 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons hands down. I *need* that calendar!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Seasons
    I voted Seasons, but I need them all at this point!
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    City Living
    City Living because of gameplay, Get Together because of Windenburg.
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons, just cant live without the Calendar feature
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons, I'm constantly using the calendar
    caitytrina.png
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'm torn between City Living and Seasons.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You need an option in your poll for "none of the above". I got the base game during the recent free offer (after resisting migrating from TS3 for years), and have 2 packs - a game pack and a stuff pack, Spa Day and Perfect Patio. That's all I need to be enjoying my simming!

At some point, I will want to evaluate Expansions to see if I feel like they have a lot to add. So far, I don't. Naturally, others' milage may vary.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    It was between cats and dogs or get together for me. I enjoy the animals so much and think they are so cute. Get together makes my social events easier and is incredibly important to my gameplay. I would get rid of seasons just to keep these two.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    All of them except seasons.

I know seasons is the most popular but overall it just adds inconvenience. Holidays are great in theory but after a few I just feel like they present a checklist of things I feel forced to do.

The weather is nice and pretty to look at but ultimately it’s just an inconvenience. It forces you to stay indoors on certain days and it can even kill your sim and npc sims. I feel forced to stay at home on extreme weather days so random npc sims don’t die.

Seasons adds no new town or career.

The miscellaneous things added really add nothing. Ice and roller skating, snow men, water balloon buckets, leaf piles, etc... they all add nothing to gameplay. If roller rinks and ice arenas were added as venues, that would have been cool, but they weren’t.

All the other expansions added something that really added hours to my gameplay. But seasons just feels like nothing more than a coating of pretty paint.
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Get Together
    All of them because the base game is dry and even with them, I have to download Mods. LOL. I chose randomly.

However, I agree that Seasons should come with the base game. The fact that after 4 sim games we still have to buy it in a separate package is just greedy on their part, imo.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Seasons
    With the addition of custom holidays and the calendar, I honestly can't imagine this game without 'Seasons' now.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons. It just gives the game play so much more. Recently in my game my "4th of July" like summer holiday got rained out so we I had to come up with a while new plan to celebrate. I like that it adds a bit of unpredictability.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons! It just adds so much to the game in the sense of time going by.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Seasons
    + Cats & Dogs, wish there where 2 selection options.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    None of the above - I could live w/o any of them
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Get Together
    The island in Windenburg is still my favorite place for my Sim to live. You get to experience all four seasons there, too.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Seasons
    All of them except seasons.

I know seasons is the most popular but overall it just adds inconvenience. Holidays are great in theory but after a few I just feel like they present a checklist of things I feel forced to do.

The weather is nice and pretty to look at but ultimately it’s just an inconvenience. It forces you to stay indoors on certain days and it can even kill your sim and npc sims. I feel forced to stay at home on extreme weather days so random npc sims don’t die.

Yeah the thing I don't like about seasons is that the weather is usually "bad" regardless of season. Windy/cloudy/rainy/heatwave bad day for screenshots. Ok, I guess that's realistic but still :D there's just so few sunny, normal days. I also hate the automatic bunting that gets attached to all my lots, is there a way to disable this?