Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does The Sims cheer you up?

2...Next

Comments

• mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    It gives me something to look forward to when I'm depressed. When I have anxiety I like to download cc, build houses and decorate them. I've tried to create cc myself but only for myself. I lack the courage to post it online. I'm retired so it helps take up my free time. I played TS1, bought a lot of TS2 but didn't play that much. Skipped TS3 and now that I have free time I am addicted to playing TS4.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I sometimes play sims as an escape like many here. It is one of the most relaxing things to me. I love going into cas and playing around with clothes or redecorating a room when I’m really stressed. I find that creative outlet the most relaxing part of it. It melts my stress away.

I also have severe anxiety and sims is my go to when I’m anxious and upset. It calms me more than anything else does. It makes me feel normal. It’s been apart of my life for so long and I think the consistency alone is a good calming source.

As far as what just genuinely what’s me happy about sims? All of it honestly. The game as a whole just puts an instant smile on my face. The best part to me though is just playing with one of my families. I just really enjoy the gameplay and that goes for all versions of the sims. I like seeing my sims accomplish things like a skill point, a promotion, a new friend.

I don’t play nearly as much as I’d like too but when I do I feel instantly at peace and relaxed. The sims is truly unique and no other game gives me as much joy as it does.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2019
    It keeps my mind busy. Depending on how depressed I feel the day I would do different things. If I am super down then I will do very active things in the game like cas or building to keep my mind constantly busy. If I am just having a day where my mind wanders then I will go ingame, mostly I will have high will on and just sit back and follow my sims seeing what they are up to and what decisions they make for themselfs. Sims has been super amazing for me the last three years since my brother went missing. Without it I would surely have not had more good days than bad ones. It just centers me in hard times <3
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    When I was really depressed I couldn't play and I do get really attached to my sim families, so when the veil lifted and I began playing again it was a sign that the worst stuff in my life had passed. I enjoy so much planning out my sims lives, and even more when they act on their own to give my game new twists. This game can get really creative and this is what I enjoy the most. Most other games are more structured.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    There's a lot of stuff going on in my life right now, and games will take the edge off things. Lately, when I play The Sims 4 I'm creating things. I recently made two houses for the next game I'm going to start. One is a one-bedroom "starter" home that costs about $40k, and then I made a 2.5 story home for family play that I'll use later on as the game progresses.

Since I switched to console I don't have access to my Sims from the Gallery so I had to create new ones like the one in my avatar. For Geekcon, she can cosplay as Zatanna. I also made a Dex-Starr Sim cat tonight and he looks a lot like the real deal in DC Comics.

I'm also playing a LOT of Rocket League. Detonating opponents is quite amusing when it leads to a goal for your team. :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    it doesn't cheer me up as I don't really get sad. If I feel bad I feel so bad I can't even play, I just go to sleep.

But it in general just makes me happy cause I like it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I get lost in the game play. It takes me back to my childhood as a little girl playing Barbie and I get lost for hours just playing by myself. I love the Sims. When I'm sad or angry I pull my laptop out and play for hours. EA/Maxis thanks for making The Sims apart of my life since 2000.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • StarstruckSimmerStarstruckSimmer Posts: 356 Member
    I just make some obnoxious* Sims, and put misery upon them so I stop feeling sad for myself. (*Obnoxious, as in rude, snobby, annoying, evil, ect)
    b664aa5fd45b450309991d52cad05b285b11ca07.png
    old simmer whos just now getting back into it
  • LeelathesimLeelathesim Posts: 25 Member
    I love hearing from other people who do this too! To be honest I love building new houses.
    I know it is a little weird but if I need cheering up because im angry/stressed out, I like to kill sims sometimes. Just as like anger releasing method.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I really envy people who can use a game to cheer themselves up or take their mind off things. I can for shooter games (like Payday 2) but if I'm sad, anxious, or upset, I can't play Sims at all.

For me, Sims is as much a mental game as anything else, so if I'm not in the right state of mind, I can't play my game.

Same for me. If I'm on a downer, the sims gets left alone. I do still enjoy the forums though.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It's a game I can relax to. Also I can indulge in my fantasy of being mega-rich.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    edited July 2019
    Building. Just building anything. Opening build mode without a specific concept in mind and just randomly trying out a few things. Build mode is the thing that relaxes/cheers me up the most. It's where I often need to be very patient and really focus. The combination of the chilled state of being patient and not having anything on my mind is just what gets me everytime. Especially when at the end of the build session, which usually lasts hours xD, I see whatever I created out of nothing and it's inspiring as well to then get out of the sims but keep that state of attitude when I get back to my work or whatever it was that drained my happiness.
  • AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    Much the same as any other game. It lets me escape to a different world. Sometimes I need to shoot or fight things. Sometimes I need to feel good playing a family I've helped grow up in a house I've designed myself. It also appeals to my writer side. I don't always write, can't if I'm stressed. So I turn on Sims to fulfill that need to write without the work of fighting with my muse to get words out. I always bank pictures.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake