Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No dark form appearing

Doing a rare vampire play. The sim's dark form shows up in CAS but not in the game. Seems a bit odd. Any ideas?

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    You have to manually have them switch to dark form. It's under the vampire menu when you click on the sim.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    That is how I discovered it does not show up. BTW on your picture, discovered the other day that the candy bar was named after the company owner's pet horse.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    @Oldeseadogge, this probably isn't it, but is your sim's dark form the same as their normal form? Asking because not too long ago I played Caleb Vatore & there was no change when he switched to dark form. Took him in to CAS & he was set to have his dark form copy his normal form.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    That is how I discovered it does not show up. BTW on your picture, discovered the other day that the candy bar was named after the company owner's pet horse.

:| Yet another reason to not like Snickers.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Starfree wrote: »
    @Oldeseadogge, this probably isn't it, but is your sim's dark form the same as their normal form? Asking because not too long ago I played Caleb Vatore & there was no change when he switched to dark form. Took him in to CAS & he was set to have his dark form copy his normal form.

In game 'dark form' is identical to regular. In CAS it is totally different, including body color, so the difference is glaringly obvious.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Very odd, I almost always play a Vampire and thankfully never had anything like that going on. I got no tips, sorry.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Is your vampire also an alien by any chance? That messes up dark form.
    There's bugs with vamps atm, mine are currently not gaining points :/
    Nope. Standard Mk I mod 0 type F(v) human. If the game won't cooperate I might well just use the de-vamp cheat and be done with it.
    Giving this a nudge as I do need an answer and have been buried by the post explosion courtesy of the new pack.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I have a variation of this bug I think. My vampires change into their dark forms as intended when indoors, but if they change outdoors then their dark form is suddenly identical to their normal form. Very odd. It's been that way for me since day one of the pack too.

Given that the ranking up bug is still around for existing grand masters as well, it seems like another case of new packs and content burying issues with older content.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    Hmmm... might check the indoor part, the problem being found outdoors. Had forgotten about that other one. This vamp is about middle level, and there was no problem at the lower ones. Pity they are more interested in ever the new, with no thought of tending the garden they already have.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Have you tried a game repair?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    No. How is that done?