Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a lil grumble

SO frustrating at the limited non-CC clothing choices for female pregnant sims (I've not played a male pregnant sim. Yet ;) ) I'm not even sure a female designed half of them, or at least someone who's had a child. Not many pregnant women I know would want to wear a pair of leather pants but not yoga shorts. Not many would want to wear two layers consisting of a long sleeve tshirt and a short sleeve tshirt but not a sports jersey or any other type of long sleeve casual shirt, etc. A mini skirt but not any other kind of skirt. I know there's CC pregnancy stuff but I prefer to play CC and Mod free other than a few basic/NRASS mods. When you consider over 3/4 of the limited choices are actually from Generations, it's even worse. I just don't understand why they didn't at least add some here and there.

Ok, I'm done. Whew. Just had to get that out of my system. You may now return to your regularly scheduled forum viewing :lol::lol::lol:

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2019
    I remember when they released Generations I thought "hurray, from now on every pack will contain at least one outfit suitable for pregnant sims, they realize we want our sims to wear more than a dress looking like nightgown or a jogging suit!" Apparently not... :neutral: And they also never bothered to mark the clothes you can use for pregnant sims either.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I remember when they released Generations I thought "hurray, from now on every pack will contain at least one outfit suitable for pregnant sims, they realize we want our sims to wear more than a dress looking like nightgown or a jogging suit!" Apparently not... :neutral: And they also never bothered to mark the clothes you can use for pregnant sims either.

Right?? I can wear a BUNNY SUIT but not a BUSINESS suit! :lol::joy::lol:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Fortunately I rarely play females so I don't find it an issue for active sims but when a badly dressed pregnant female is in the background of a pic I want to take I do shake my head at what is available to them. I don't think there's much you can do about it without CC but I agree that more options should have been provided.
    For me, it was always frustrating that elders weren't properly catered for. I could never get my SS dressed in clothes I would actually wear until I started using CC.
    @Mikezumi - I am curious, are there wardrobe restrictions for pregnant male sims?
    @AbellaKellaher I have always used CC male pregnancy clothing but I imagine, with alien pregnancy, there might be EA outfits that accommodate it now. I only patched beyond Ambitions in the last few years.
    I'm going to have to find this out in my simhouse future I think ;)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    If I'm not mistaken, male pregnancy from aliens is a moodlet that makes the sim fatter and fatter. After the birth, the sim goes back to his regular weight.
    @thuggishsplicer Hi M! That's interesting to know! I don't have aliens in my game so had no idea how alien pregnancy worked.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Mikezumi Hey! I'm trying to get back little by little. I've working like a dog.
    So, I haven't had an alien pregnancy yet, but I've read stories and Carl's website has some cool pics: https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/seasons/aliens.php

I intend to have an alien pregnancy soon, though.
    Blah so pregnant male sims get their entire wardrobe and pregnant female sims get 3 pieces of clothing to go crazy with. Makes sense ;):smirk::p
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I can confirm, I just had two male pregnancies in my Isla Paradiso Bunch videos. Both males got very fat and the second they gave birth they were skinny little things again. But they get fat all over their bodies, as the pregnancy advances they get fatter in spurts.

I don't take many screen shots while I'm making videos but I do have this one which isn't totally clear. Craig is lying on the floor, wearing the black and red shorts. He's very pregnant.

Bachelorette-Party001.jpg

The shorts are something the game put onto him.

Found a better pic of Craig minutes before he gave birth.

Pregnant-Craig001.jpg

In this pic you can almost see Craig from behind. See how skinny he is usually. Well he went from fat to skinny instantly the baby was delivered.

Bertie-Birthday005.jpg
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Sweetdevil has a bunch of store/ep clothes enabled for maternity. Look here https://sweetdevil-sims.tumblr.com/search/maternity
    edited May 2019
    Even though the males are allowed to wear their own clothes, I’m not a fan of their pregnancy because just becoming a fat guy isn’t what being pregnant is about fortunately. I’ve always considered that a ‘we can’t be bothered with a proper look for pregnant males’ kind of thing, ‘we just give them what’s already in the game: gaining weight all round’. I believe in Sims 4 this is different?

What makes it slightly acceptable in Sims 3 in this respect of course is CASt by the way. You’ll have to remember to change them into the new outfit before they realize themselves they are pregnant, but when you do you can give them different outfits with the small selection of clothes we have, using different colours and patterns.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This isn't really helpful for those playing with no CC and only a minimal set of mods, but just wanted to point out that males can be impregnated without alien involvement. A male who becomes pregnant the old fashioned way (?)...no wait, there has to be a better way to say that. Males who are actually carrying their own babies, having been impregnated by another sim who was not doing alien probe things to make them a mere surrogate, actually do require maternity (paternity) clothes or else their mid-section disappears when the pregnancy progresses to where the baby bump is supposed to show. They do not just become fat, they actually look pregnant. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited May 2019
    Even though the males are allowed to wear their own clothes, I’m not a fan of their pregnancy because just becoming a fat guy isn’t what being pregnant is about fortunately. I’ve always considered that a ‘we can’t be bothered with a proper look for pregnant males’ kind of thing, ‘we just give them what’s already in the game: gaining weight all round’. I believe in Sims 4 this is different?

What makes it slightly acceptable in Sims 3 in this respect of course is CASt by the way. You’ll have to remember to change them into the new outfit before they realize themselves they are pregnant, but when you do you can give them different outfits with the small selection of clothes we have, using different colours and patterns.

Actually if you have Master Controller you can change the outfit from day to day in the stylist, which I do, but I get tired of the same 6 pieces of clothing to choose from (and that's only if you have generations lol.) And the things you do get make no sense to me lol.

@KatyFernlily Thank you! I usually don't use CC but I'm having a hard time not when it comes to maternity clothes and as I don't use CC I never know whom is trustworthy :)
    @AbellaKellaher I know you don't want to use CC but if you get really desperate Buckley Sims made default replacements for University Life and Late Night clothes. I use them and have never had problems with them. You can see them here
    Thanks so much @Mikezumi ! I'm strongly considering it lol
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Both Buckley and Sweetdevil are very trustworthy. They've been around for years and years and mainly fix EA objects.
    edited May 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    This isn't really helpful for those playing with no CC and only a minimal set of mods, but just wanted to point out that males can be impregnated without alien involvement. A male who becomes pregnant the old fashioned way (?)...no wait, there has to be a better way to say that. Males who are actually carrying their own babies, having been impregnated by another sim who was not doing alien probe things to make them a mere surrogate, actually do require maternity (paternity) clothes or else their mid-section disappears when the pregnancy progresses to where the baby bump is supposed to show. They do not just become fat, they actually look pregnant. :)
    (Bold = LOL)

That must be the mod(s) I think, because when a sim became pregnant in my game through Grim's door (by another sim), he also just became overall fat.

Actually if you have Master Controller you can change the outfit from day to day in the stylist, which I do, but I get tired of the same 6 pieces of clothing to choose from (and that's only if you have generations lol.) And the things you do get make no sense to me lol.
    Yes, that's true (I have MC).
    5JZ57S6.png
    I almost exclusively use the stylist in MC just because I like to change hair styles depending on what they're wearing as long as I try to keep the hair about the same length so it's perfect for that.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Wait, wait, wait...

Male sims can get pregnant too without alien involvement?! I did not know that. *fires up new game* Lol
    edited June 2019
    I almost exclusively use the stylist in MC just because I like to change hair styles depending on what they're wearing as long as I try to keep the hair about the same length so it's perfect for that.
    Yes, me too. It’s also better to use MC instead of CAS through testingcheats, because with the cheat it affects their age, with MC it doesn’t.
    StephSteb wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait...

Male sims can get pregnant too without alien involvement?! I did not know that. *fires up new game* Lol
    Haha, yes. You’ll need ITF though, or the Door of Life and Death from the Store.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I have not tried the ITF way of getting male pregnancies yet, but EA seems to separate between 'female pregnancy' and its male counterpart; having made some different behaviour to them. The Door of Life and Death works the same as alien pregnancy in being no belly pregnancy; but making the male get bigger all around ("not too big though since the animations would break"). The modded version seem to be functioning like the female pregnancy. The actual parenthood is not affected differently to my knowledge.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2019
    Haha, yes. You’ll need ITF though, or the Door of Life and Death from the Store.
    Or alternatively NRaas MasterController (the Pollinate command), StoryProgression, and/or the W-mod for the "kind" of pregnancy I was talking about. Not weight gain, an actual pregnancy with the walk, the sore back, morning sickness, chances of twins, etc. that females have. :)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net