Calling all Sims who microbrew kombucha to barter with tattoo artists, who have to take off their midi rings (yeah, plural) before doing a barefoot handstand against a tree, who spend their time either being at Burning Man or preparing for Burning Man, who sell jewelry made out of antique forks at the farmer's market, who have an anti-capitalist screen printing setup in their garage (not necessarily the same Sim who was selling fork jewelry earlier), who hated the RENT movie, who operate outside The System for whatever reason: non-binary awareness activist River Indigo is seeking members for their new band, Venus in Retrograde. Think alternative R&B with simmering lyrics about intersectionality and body positivity.
Possible roles include producer, mixing engineer, vocalist, or instrumentalist trained in percussion, bass, guitar, winds, or brass. Please specify in your application which role you're applying for and your PGP. All identities welcome. Thank you for reading, and good luck!
Venus in Retrograde will appear in , a black comedy exploring how pain can arise even in the sheltered world of The Sims 4 and how different personalities create/deal with it. Here are some guidelines for fitting in to this perpetual disaster of a storyline:
- CT relies on realism and subtlety. Characters may be lightly roasted in the narrative, but always played straight. Aim to create a three-dimensional Sim you could be friends with rather than a mean-spirited parody.
- The more outlandish you can get with details, the better. Does your bearded tank want to play the drums because his hero played the drums? Meh. Did he and his friends record themselves doing dramatic readings of romance novels and animate them when Flash was still owned by Macromedia, gaining a small following of mostly other middle schoolers on Newgrounds, which is when he started playing the bongos for extra beat-poet-esque drama, and also he's self-conscious about the shape of his eyebrows? Now we're talking.
- CC very welcome. No game or stuff packs, and to be super clear about this, I'm putting a moratorium on vampires specifically. No vampires.
- Fatal flaws have to reveal themselves organically from the parameters of the story world. Half the fun is watching them to figure it out! So, no pre-assigned weaknesses or artificially induced sources of conflict, like the Evil or Hot-Headed traits.
- We're looking for Young Adults in this specific casting call.
If you'd like to participate, tag your favorite Bohemian weirdo with #VenusInRetrograde
I'm excited to see who y'all come up with!