Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Casting Call for Feminist Indie Band! (Updated 4/24/22)

2...Next

Comments

• IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Omg, Chantel sounds like Taylor Swift.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    @Irishsong SHE DOES AND IT WAS TOTALLY UNINTENTIONAL. She started off as the kid of two randos, then took a... strong interest... in one of my male sims---he has mommy issues, she promised herself to him on their first date, no one's even trying to keep this mess under control, yada yada. Alright, she was stalking him from the minute they met. At least they don't have kids. Yet.

A friend noted her resemblance to Tay-Tay long before the breakup even happened. Then they made the connection again, and so did you, and I'm howling at my screen because this wasn't supposed to happen but she totally is. Chantel's got quite the sense of humor (or at least Thora loves her off-color rants) so she's riding those Rachel Bloom vibes as well.

(Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.)
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    hahaha! Chantel! I love her. Anger is the best muse, yeah, Chantel?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @Irishsong SHE DOES AND IT WAS TOTALLY UNINTENTIONAL. She started off as the kid of two randos, then took a... strong interest... in one of my male sims---he has mommy issues, she promised herself to him on their first date, no one's even trying to keep this mess under control, yada yada. Alright, she was stalking him from the minute they met. At least they don't have kids. Yet.

A friend noted her resemblance to Tay-Tay long before the breakup even happened. Then they made the connection again, and so did you, and I'm howling at my screen because this wasn't supposed to happen but she totally is. Chantel's got quite the sense of humor (or at least Thora loves her off-color rants) so she's riding those Rachel Bloom vibes as well.

(Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.)

They won't have kids, because Shu won't get back with her, right? Promise?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Also, that mash-up is kinda scary. Really good job with it!

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Glad that this is starting to get going. Cant wait to see when the story starts.
    CathyTea wrote: »

Yet.
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Yet.

I think you meant to write, ''yes.'' Darn typos!

Alright! Work's been taxing lately, so I decided to cut my losses here and release this chapter in two parts.

Here's Part I, which has the setup, Juliet's audition, and Thora's audition: Venus in Retrograde Rising, Part I

I'm happy to take feedback on the characters, or ideas, or even minor edits. Hope I'm doing everyone justice here!
    banner_both.jpg
    edited February 2020
    Loving how Part 1 went. The way each audition was framed with how each sim responded to River's interview was well crafted as well as how Juliet's audition she was intimidated by the panel while in Thora's audition the panel was intimidated by Thora, clearly showing the personalities of each musician.

Can't wait to see the rest of the auditions, though I didn't see Chantel on any couches. Perhaps she is leaving yet another voicemail for her ex to hear. :D
    @VanPelt81 I hope not; voicemails could be used as evidence if he wants to get a restraining order XD

But I wouldn't put it past her.
    banner_both.jpg
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    I have a guitar goddess ready for this

Sim Household: Shinigami
    Names: Thora Shinigami (and her cat Lemmy)
    Backstory: Thora Shinigami has been playing her guitar and making music since she was a little kid. She has also been recording songs she has written since she was 14. Now unlike many young women in music, Thora makes Black Metal music under the monkier "Orc Queen" (& plays all the instruments herself on her albums). After a sabbatical from recording music to find love (which failed), Thora decided to come back and make many varied projects in addition to her one woman Black Metal band. Her first side project under the monkier "Shinigami" had the sound of the Avett Brothers but the depraved lyrics more fitting in a Cannibal Corpse album. Between that project & her main band, Thora generates quite the controversy as an artist (and depending on where her show is at has more protesters than concert goers). That being said Thora loves making music for the art. Her next challenge as a musician is to be in a band with other people, something that somehow she has never done as a musician. Thora currently lives with her pet cat Lemmy (who is named after the legendary Motorhead frontman/bassist).

Thora can be found with the hashtags #VenusInRetrograde #metal #ThoraShinigami

Ah, Shinigami...why does that remind me of Death Note? :tongue:
    Okay! Let's meet the remaining four band members.

Venus in Retrograde (Part II)

And I hope this is enough for some time; these guys are part of a larger story, and as you can tell from the extra-large chapter size for the silly, lighthearted side story, there is a lot of larger story to go through between band-related posts. A lot. I estimate I'll have to write over 50k words counting both the main story and work, plus hopefully a retconned Gothic romance in photos between my closeted sim and the Von Haunt Estate ghost, to get to the next chapter that features these guys. But as always, I'll do my best to make it worth the wait and make everyone wait longer in the process. Thanks for bearing with me!
    banner_both.jpg
    Felt really bad for Jazz's audition and their lack of conficence though during the audition I did laugh at Neala's sigh of relief that it wasn't a metal song with the amps turned to 11 (picturing Jazz's adutition immediately after Thora's for some reason).

Aries and Gorman's dymanic is awesome. Gorman is definitely like Mike Taylor from the "Somebody I Used To Know" cover which fits his personality perfectly and Aries would be a blast at house parties with. Though now I want to see how Grunge Night at Patton's will now go with the full band members together. >:)

Loving Thora's strange friendship complete with the educing of Neala's ulcers due to their preferred contact methods. >:)
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Aw, I love Walk Off the Earth, I'm happy you brought them up!

I can see Rhiannon and Aries maybe being a thing, if Aries is bi. Or if Rhiannon is confused enough and wants to get with Aries and he won't have her she would go for Gorman? But he's too quiet for her? I'm just thinking out loud here.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Ok, I just finished filling Chantel's ex's apartment with bees. No joke.

@VanPelt81 Yeah, Jazz's audition was directly after Thora's! Scary Lady Duo is for sure one of the best dynamics; they're probably going to egg each other on to set drinks on fire and throw them off a bridge while Aries and Rhiannon are stage-jumping.

@Irishsong Another great dynamic; they're going to be each others' wingperson for sure. They might also combine forces to become a powerhouse of band gossip.
    banner_both.jpg
    Has it been a year?! I'm moving at a snail's pace with the main story and comic updates, but ViR has indeed shown up once again in the main narrative.

Here's a bunch of words about them arriving at the community center: Unacknowledged Legislators, Remixed (Pt. I)
    banner_both.jpg
    Loving the new Venus in Retrograde chapter. Gorman in the short shorts is awesome as is Thora's explanation of how she got in unnoticed. Jazz also seems to be growing into their role working with the band. Also, "Scary Barbie" is scary. :D
    @VanPelt81 ... you mean you didn't put him in the cutoffs? He chose them himself? Ohhh man.

Any time Thora and Scary Barbie interact is just havoc. Havoc! And we're already getting hints of how Jazz is ultimately going to contribute to the band...
    banner_both.jpg
    edited March 2022
    So---I was away from the forums for a month or so, but have updates! Around 13k words worth but who's counting?

First, the one with the raps: Unacknowledged Legislators, Remixed (Pt. II)

Then they tear up the club: Unacknowledged Legislators, Remixed (Pt. III)

For those of you who are still here, thanks for being patient, these are really hard for me to write. They're p. extra.
    banner_both.jpg
    These chapters, man, I swear.

Rhiannon, Aries, Thora, Gorman, and Chantel do their thing: Unacknowledged Legislators, Remixed (Pt. IV)
    banner_both.jpg
    Reading the latest chapter I'm not sure which was the best one between Aries & Rhiannon's tag team fan fiction discussion on the dance floor, Neala's bathroom guard duty turned friendship with new sims, Thora's own-age of the Gate Keeper townie that needs to be busted in this thread, Gorman's wordless start to seemingly a Batman fight scene, or Chantal's total destroying of that tech bro. All parts have been captured perfectly showing off each character's personality.
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Reading the latest chapter I'm not sure which was the best one between Aries & Rhiannon's tag team fan fiction discussion on the dance floor, Neala's bathroom guard duty turned friendship with new sims, Thora's own-age of the Gate Keeper townie that needs to be busted in this thread, Gorman's wordless start to seemingly a Batman fight scene, or Chantal's total destroying of that tech bro. All parts have been captured perfectly showing off each character's personality.

Oh, yeah, the fan fic was so amazing! I never talk about writing fan fic with those who don't write it (or at least I try not to), but know that I see what a great weapon it is, I might just keep it in my arsenol!

I also, having seen a few photos of a black bunny, loved the lines about how hard it is to take pics of black fluffy friends. Holes, but cute fluffy holes in sweaters!

Really, that entire chapter just deserves like the biggest SimLit Award in history!

You're all too kind! <3<3<3<3

@VanPelt81 YESSSS---I can tell Thora is a very loved sim, so it does mean a lot to know her personality works here. Especially given the Marilyn-parody-about-blue-tortilla-chips thing.

And I am honored to accept any @CathyTea Award!!!
    banner_both.jpg