Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What season do you start a new game in?

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Spring
    Spring. I don't like having my Sims experience extreme weather.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Other
    The season I currently experience
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Always Different
    I tend to pick whichever season it is in real life at the time. So recently I've always chosen spring, but soon I'll pick summer :)
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Always Different
    I usually start a game in whatever season I’m in irl.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Spring
    Even though Fall is my fave season, I start with Spring, mostly because it symbolizes kinda start of year in my mind
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Autumn/Fall
    Fall because I hate Summer and love cooler weather.
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Spring
    Spring since flowers and trees are in bloom!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Always Different
    The scenario and objectives I come up with determine the season I start in. I might start in Spring for one game I start then next Winter
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Spring
    My game, like the game calendar, begins on the first of spring.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Autumn/Fall
    It is always fall in a new save for me.

The new school year starts in the fall, a time for new experiences. I really enjoy that time of year, the shifting colors in the leaves. Also, it means summer is as far away as possible. I am still not completely over the endless summer in the game prior to Seasons coming out. When I start with fall I am actually glad to see it again.

The game feels so much more real to me now. Just wish I could mod the game for more hours with sun during the summer and less hours with sun during winter. We live a bit up north.

Spring: Green leaves coming up and you start to see flowers
    Summer: The sun hardly sets and your child refuses to go to bed at 20:00 because the sun is still up and it looks like daytime
    Fall: The world is painted in orange and red, beautiful
    Winter: Snow and ice, pretty. You want the snow because when the sun goes down at 13-14 the white ground makes it feel much lighter
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited May 2019
    Spring

The game feels so much more real to me now. Just wish I could mod the game for more hours with sun during the summer and less hours with sun during winter. We live a bit up north.
    /quote]

I would like that too, but I think it would need to vary from world to world; as I understand it, the worlds are based on real-world locations - I think a smart thing for the devs to do would be to find out what the annual sunrise and sunset times are in those real places and them implement that in-game.

edit: sorry, for some reason it won't let me put my writing outside the quote box o_0

Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Spring

I would like that too, but I think it would need to vary from world to world; as I understand it, the worlds are based on real-world locations - I think a smart thing for the devs to do would be to find out what the annual sunrise and sunset times are in those real places and them implement that in-game.

(sorted it. Please ignore my previous post)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    Spring
    Always Spring, because to me spring in real life is the fresh start season. Everything seems new, and it makes sense in a new game.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Spring
    Because spring stands for new beginnings , also it's the beginning of the year and new games always defaults to spring.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Autumn/Fall
    BabySquare wrote: »

(sorted it. Please ignore my previous post)

Hmm... I think I would prefer to mod it myself and choosing which world is placed where. Which worlds are more north or not. If it had been in the game when Seasons came then sure.

Sometimes mods are just really nifty, letting us fine tune stuff without messing with others games. I would really like to see Granite Falls go really dark during winter but perhaps everyone don’t want a dark winter world.

Just really happy that Forgotten Hollow is less sunny than the rest of the world 🙂
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Autumn/Fall
    Usually Fall because I love how pretty the worlds look.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Other
    I picked other because its not always different, but depends on what I feel the mood would be, I guess, but also, a lot start in summer, as I like for them to discover the seasons for the first time~
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I don't have Seasons
    I honestly prefer the eternal not-too-hot, not-too-cold of playing sans Seasons. Since my Sim lives in Oasis Springs, I imagine it's about April, before the Simizona desert gets real hot.

If I do play with Seasons, I start with Autumn, the season in which I was born.
  • berucratberucrat Posts: 4 New Member
    Autumn/Fall
    I think that most of the time I start it in Fall because I like the look of it, but I never really thought about it.
  • AgrestAgrest Posts: 28 Member
    Spring
    Usually spring
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Always Different
    I grow bored of doing the same thing over and over. I have no reason to begin with a specific season.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2019
    Spring
    i can see this thread has 5 month inactivity. all the same though i always start in spring. you can't grow snapdragons in winter or summer and Autumn is a bit late in the year for most things that happen at the start of every new year to middle of that year.
  • DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    Spring
    Like the majority, I usually start my game in the Spring. I guess it's just easiest since it marks the beginning of a new year, and it's the first option on the list. Pretty convenient!
  • DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    Spring
    One thing about Seasons bothers me, though: How you can't have all of your plants at the same time!! I mean, I get that it's the realism factor, and I can appreciate that, but it makes crossbreeding plants SO HARD!! On one file I used to play, I was trying to go for all the plants available with the packs I have, and I could never get there because it was so difficult to crossbreed! When you only get a few shots per year, and the success rate of crossbreeds is so low, it's really hard to get the plants you need!! (Semi-offtopic, I know, my apologies.)
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Other
    the season i'm in irl when i start the save lol, idk why. maybe animal crossing conditioning or something.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif