Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What season do you start a new game in?

Comments

• AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Spring
    When I build I play in Summer, but when I start a new game to play, it’s almost always Spring I gravitate to.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Spring
    Wow poor winter is not popular at all 😂
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Spring
    I always start my games in spring. I see it as the start of a new year since it starts after new year celebrations.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Spring
    Hello Simmers! spring is my favorite next to fall :)
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    Spring
    Spring both because it feels right and I love spring irl. :smile:
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    Summer
    First that comes to mind is summer. But I choose based on the world my sims are living in, and what season I enjoy best in that world. :)
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Autumn/Fall
    Haha what a fascinating poll! I usually use fall because it's my favorite in game season but sometimes spring. I never use summer since it's the pre-seasons default, haha. Winter is really nice but I hate how often sims autonomously want to shovel so I don't usually start there either. I also like to get all the harvestfest seeds because my Sims often garden, so usually fall.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Spring
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Haha what a fascinating poll! I usually use fall because it's my favorite in game season but sometimes spring. I never use summer since it's the pre-seasons default, haha. Winter is really nice but I hate how often sims autonomously want to shovel so I don't usually start there either. I also like to get all the harvestfest seeds because my Sims often garden, so usually fall.

Thanks haha! And now I'm wondering what traits your Sims usually half because I have never had a Sim shovel LOL! I didn't even know they could
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Always Different
    Depends on the saved game I’m playing. One focuses on young adults who are in “university”, so I started in autumn/fall, a post uni save with the same sims started in summer, their making a family started in winter etc etc
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Spring
    I never thought about it before. But apparently I am quite predictable. I always start new saves in the spring. And I have no clue why.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Always Different
    I use a random number gen to choose.
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Other
    I randomized it. When i wanna start a new game, i look at clock on my phone and divide the minute by four. If the remains is 1, i choose spring, if it is 2, i choose summer and so on
  • PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    Autumn/Fall
    Most of my games have started in Autumn/Fall. It gives me time before the winter hits to get ready for holidays like Christmas which have gift-giving traditions, and I love seeing the transition between autumn leaves falling and the snow for the winter in game.

@MrSunshine That is a really good idea! Especially since there are times when I spend a few minutes choosing between a couple of seasons to start in.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2019
    Other
    Starting new games, do people actually do that?

After starting Sims 4 at its' start my latest save is my 40th. Mind you I didn't import the old saves from my old to my new PC a year ago as I've only got ten of them on the new one. Now I give them all a title to remember and not a number to avoid saving over by mistake. Other simmers have many more!
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    Summer
    Almost always summer. I think because it is closest to base game weather and tbh I like seasons, but I just don't do a ton of the weather related activities in the winter.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Always Different
    I think about where in the story I'm beginning it, and then decide what time of year it should be. With my singer Sims, I made the decision to start in the summer. My notion is to have the teens all resume school in the fall. For now, they get the summer to do as they wish and just been teens. There are four of them in the family. I forgot to have the Child quit school (yes, I use a mod) so, I'll fix it so he gets some of the summer off, too. Right now, he's attending summer school. :open_mouth: He's carrying a 'C' grade, so I guess he needs it. LOL

With my ancestral save, I consider the fact that crops must be planted and decide which season would be best to begin.

I've only got the two game saves going at the moment.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Other
    I start in whatever season it is in real life, but I rarely start new games. I have two saves and that's it, lol!
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Summer
    Summer because the plants are alive and it's sunny. But I might switch since I like to build and would like to build in different environments more.

Its rains a ton during Summer in game anyway <3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Spring
    I started my main game in spring, and I believe I started my second game after seasons in spring too.
  • heauxfinityheauxfinity Posts: 94 Member
    Summer
    I always start in summer because I live in a tropical country and never experienced the other seasons irl...
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Always Different
    It's fairly random for me.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Spring
    In the summer because most of my sims garden and that's when most of the plants recover from winter...spring and summer are prime growing months!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Always Different
    I start a game with the current season of my real life.
  • tatygirl90tatygirl90 Posts: 33 Member
    I usually start in Spring, but lately, I've been switching it up.