Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the dragon fruit?

In the interest of avoiding necroposting, where may one find dragon fruit? In one of my games I have sims making a fine living being dragon fruit farmers. I would like to get more sims in other games in on the action, but I don't remember where the fruit was originally found.

I read in one of the old topics that they are at the spice festivals in the group of plants near the food. Several spice festivals have come and gone and I've found a lot of different fruits and vegetables there, but no dragon fruit. Any help will be most gratefully accepted.

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    You can get it by grafting snapdragons and strawberries, or you can go to the garden section on build buy under activities and buy the special rare fruits and veggies seed packs there. The seed packs are a new thing with seasons I think so if you don't have seasons you'll need to graft the strawberry and snapdragons.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Fishing in Magnolia promenade or the romance festival in fall.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    You can do a search in build/buy for dragon fruit (and pretty much any of the plants). I also just got one by fishing in Magnolia Promenade.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    Fishing in Magnolia promenade or the romance festival in fall.

Lately my sims have also caught them in the fishing area behind the park in Willow Creek.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    You can also get if off the gallery. I am sure someone has uploaded a room with some of that plant. Maybe even a normal one if you want to level the plants up yourself.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Fishing for plants? I don't remember finding them that way, but it's worth having a go. I don't have Seasons, so that connection's out. I'd not be surprised if some pack/update or other changed things around. Thank you all for the ideas!
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    You can also get if off the gallery. I am sure someone has uploaded a room with some of that plant. Maybe even a normal one if you want to level the plants up yourself.

"mcrudd" on the gallery has rooms with all perfect plants in them. She has one post Seasons and one before that. They both have Dragon Fruit.
    What fishing skill level? Just sent a sim fishing to Magnolia and got only a puffer fish and a clump of weed. Started with no skill, left with level 2.

While there saw one of the river steamers tied up to a neighboring dock, which gave the opportunity to examine it close up. Although more the size of a paddle tug than the passenger boat it's portraying, it's well done for the genre of artwork it is and captures the feel of the mid-late 1800's river boats on the Mississippi. A missed opportunity there. With some creativity they could have had sims go aboard for a river cruise or even go to Willow Creek. Both places have that style of river boat and are river ports (which is yet another opportunity for said towns). Would be even more fun (meals, drinks, clubby type recreation, sitting/standing on deck watching the scenery, sleeping overnight forthe Willow Creek trip, chatting with fellow passengers & crew) if it was not a 'bunny hole' type thing. Multiple use community lot here: restaurant/lounge/bar while it's at the pier, then any sims present when sailing time gets close are advised to either get a ticket for the cruise type they want or finish up and be off in X minutes.

Also saw one of the moving boats coming in and watched it a while to see if it would come in and tie up or keep on going. It came in a bit past the light, turned and then headed back out. However, instead of going out the channel to the left of the light, it headed towards the shore and continued on its way. Overland! Even thought to take photos.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

"mcrudd" on the gallery has rooms with all perfect plants in them. She has one post Seasons and one before that. They both have Dragon Fruit.

I also have only Dragon fruit as well :)
    Thank you all! I now have viable options. Any company that has river steamers traveling on dry land is quite capable of doing unkind things with fruit supplies.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited May 2019

I happen to have them (and all other plants) on the gallery in normal quality. The dragon fruit are in the base game plants room.
    My gallery ID is the same as my forum username. I'll edit in a link once I get to my PC.

Edit: This is the room that contains the normal quality dragon fruit (as well as all other base game plants). And this is the link to the index post on my Simblr, which links all of the rooms with normal quality plants I uploaded and it also has a link to the tray files for those rooms.
    Post edited by MDianaSims on
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    What fishing skill level? Just sent a sim fishing to Magnolia and got only a puffer fish and a clump of weed. Started with no skill, left with level 2.

While there saw one of the river steamers tied up to a neighboring dock, which gave the opportunity to examine it close up. Although more the size of a paddle tug than the passenger boat it's portraying, it's well done for the genre of artwork it is and captures the feel of the mid-late 1800's river boats on the Mississippi. A missed opportunity there. With some creativity they could have had sims go aboard for a river cruise or even go to Willow Creek. Both places have that style of river boat and are river ports (which is yet another opportunity for said towns). Would be even more fun (meals, drinks, clubby type recreation, sitting/standing on deck watching the scenery, sleeping overnight forthe Willow Creek trip, chatting with fellow passengers & crew) if it was not a 'bunny hole' type thing. Multiple use community lot here: restaurant/lounge/bar while it's at the pier, then any sims present when sailing time gets close are advised to either get a ticket for the cruise type they want or finish up and be off in X minutes.

Also saw one of the moving boats coming in and watched it a while to see if it would come in and tie up or keep on going. It came in a bit past the light, turned and then headed back out. However, instead of going out the channel to the left of the light, it headed towards the shore and continued on its way. Overland! Even thought to take photos.

Different fishing holes have different plants that you can get. I don't think fishing skill makes a difference. Carl's site has a list of the fish and other things that can be found at each fishing hole. (You can also get voodoo dolls, coolers, electrical parts and other stuff.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
    Many thanks again, folks! Have gone shopping at the offered gallery places and am now well stocked with fruit and other goodies, mostly additional plants and a house or two. You ladies are helpful, productive, and creative, Such an array to pick from! Will check out Carl's site.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have often found the Dragon fruit plant at the Spicy Food festival and pick the fruit - take it home and plant it. But if you look behind the food booths you see pick-a-ble plants in flower boxes- check them each time you go to that festival as eventually the dragon fruit plant will be there and so is the Bird of paradise every now and then.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Thank you! I'll check next time one of those rolls around. I learned about the Spice and Romance festivals having plants by where the cooking is in the spice festival from Carl's, but no mention made of the food booths. Anoher place to check. The festivals are the only places where Dragon fruit is mentioned being available, and that on a changing basis. That must be where I made my initial find.